Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Food, weather, and other completely mundane, trivial, meaningless topics

widower2

• Members
foreverhis
10 hours ago, widower2 said:

Right here :) 

Sorry, not sure I follow your question. It's the "chit chat" area, which you can see at the top of the screen

Thanks widower2. I also wouldn’t have known where you had moved it, at least not until I hunted around, because I came here directly from my notifications.

ETA:   I just saw the link on the Partners forum, so that should make it clear, regardless.👍

• Like 3

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• widower2

• KayC

• foreverhis

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
widower2

ah, gotcha. Yeah I usually click from the notifications too!

PS the link in the partner forum will be going away  soon, it's a temp thing (can't control it)

• Like 2

• Members
16 hours ago, widower2 said:

ah, gotcha. Yeah I usually click from the notifications too!

PS the link in the partner forum will be going away  soon, it's a temp thing (can't control it)

Too bad!  I’m afraid we will see the postings slow down on this thread when it’s not an easy (noticeable) click away.

• Like 3

• Members
Boggled
37 minutes ago, SSC said:

Too bad!  I’m afraid we will see the postings slow down on this thread when it’s not an easy (noticeable) click away.

I think the same.  It's a shame because even in the throes of grief, this thread was good for lightening up in a "BUT life DOES go on" manner in the "partners" forum.

• Like 2

• Moderators
widower2

Again: it's easy to find, or make a bookmark and click on that if one really wants to keep chatting in this thread...

• Like 1

• Moderators

Okay, I just made this recipe and it's WONDERFUL!!!

Cut in half and it still looks like it'll serve more than four.

Keto Eggplant Parmesan

Ingredients

·        2 medium eggplant sliced into 1/2 inch slices (1…13)

·        1/2 teaspoon salt

·        2 cups keto bread crumbs  (1…0) * See notes

·        1 tablespoon Italian seasoning

·        3 large eggs (cut to 1…0.6)

·        3/4 cup almond milk (cut to ¼…0.25)

·        2-3 tablespoons oil to fry Avocado oil (0)

·        4 cups keto marinara sauce (12 oz 9)

·        3 cups mozzarella cheese freshly grated (1 ½ cups 4.2)

·        1 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated ( ½ cup 0)

·        1 lb Sausage cooked (0)

Instructions

1. Sprinkle salt on all your eggplant slices and let them sit for an hour to draw out moisture. Use a paper towel to dab them after they have drawn out the liquid.

2. Preheat the oven to 180/350F. Grease a large baking dish and add around one cup of the marinara sauce to the bottom of it.

3. *In a small bowl, add the bread crumbs and Italian seasoning and mix together. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and milk and whisk together. Dip each eggplant slice in the egg wash, followed by the bread crumb mix, ensuring both sides are coated. Place them all on a plate or baking tray until ready to cook.

4. Add the oil in a large non-stick pan. Once hot, add a single layer of eggplant slices and cook both sides until golden brown. Repeat until all the eggplant slices are cooked.

5. Add a single layer of the fried eggplant into the base of the baking dish. Spoon a little marinara sauce on top of each one, followed by a generous layer of the mozzarella cheese and the parmesan cheese. Repeat the process until all the eggplant has been used up. Sprinkle the top of the baking dish any remaining cheese.

6. Bake the eggplant parmesan for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Turn it on a high broil for the last 3 minutes.

7. Remove the eggplant parm from the oven and let it sit for five minutes before serving.

Notes

* If you don’t want to make keto bread crumbs, you can use almond flour.

If you don’t fry before baking, bake 350 45 minutes.  Can cook w/o peeling.

TO STORE: Store leftovers in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days.

TO FREEZE: Place portions of the eggplant parm in an airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.

TO REHEAT: Microwave portions for 30-40 seconds until warm, or reheat in a preheated oven until the cheese has melted.

TO MAKE AHEAD: Prepare everything as instructed, then cover the baking dish completely in aluminum foil. Either refrigerate it for 3 days in advance or freeze it for up to 2 months in advance. When ready to cook, bring the baking dish to room temperature and bake it for 30-35 minutes. Do not bake from frozen.

8 servings, 5 net carbs each

#recipe

https://thebigmansworld.com/keto-eggplant-parmesan/...

I would cut to 1 egg and ¼ c. almond Milk

Cut mozzarella  and parmesan in half, use at least 1 c. Panko crumbs and/or almond flour, 1-2 eggplants. Cut portion to 4 and cut Italo’s sausage Pasta Sauce to 12 oz, you’ll have 12 oz left to put in freezer for something else. 

image.png.0bbca43fc1dca7ca4b0d292ef1839f50.png

THEBIGMANSWORLD.COM

Keto Eggplant Parmesan (Restaurant Style!) - The Big Man's World ®

This keto eggplant parmesan is a delicious

(4 servings 6.75)

• Like 2

• Moderators
widower2

Back to the frozen pizza thing, I tried the "Screamin Italian" one and can't recommend it. I think I'm giving up on the entire idea...either I'm with some people who want to get one at a good pizza place or forget it! 

• Hugs 1

• Moderators

I just found my chicken crust, LOL, you'd hate it.  Not my favorite but not toss-away-ish totally.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
widower2

Well get this, the stupid groundhog is back! argh!! I saw his big fuzzy butt poking around the backyard the other day. I thought we had an understanding!

• Haha 2

• Members
Gail 8588

You had a truce, but now the war goes on.

I just hope you don't  have a whole new family of groundhogs calling your yard home. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
widower2

All I know is I'm calling Bill Murray.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Boggled
11 hours ago, widower2 said:

Well get this, the stupid groundhog is back! argh!! I saw his big fuzzy butt poking around the backyard the other day. I thought we had an understanding!

There's a "bad cat" big male around here that terrifies my kitten/cats.  I bought a new-fangled squirt gun, so new-fangled it uses batteries and I need to figure it out!  ... but long range, heh heh heh!

and man!  Nerf!  has gone wow!  on its offerings ... range and accuracy ... are interesting to me!   

ah ... Mother Nature!  ... ain't she wunnerful?

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
widower2

Good idea, although I doubt I could get close enough even with a high-powered squirt gun...the second I go outside, he sees/hears me and takes off. If I still had my dog this would not be an issue...!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Gail 8588

Maybe it's  time to get a dog. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
widower2

Nah.

• Hugs 1

• Members
Boggled

I SUSPECT I've become lazy.   so looked up how to make myself do something.   Ah the internet.  .. but I lost the link I was going to post, which was pretty good (not using history).   One idea was, get a friend involved in PUSHING you to do something, use "social pressure."  

Another was combine the thing you don't want to do with something you want, sort of like reward yourself.

I need to do SOMEthing about my gol-darned riding lawnmower's dead battery.  I've been weed-whacking spaces but there are acres of grass that needs to be cut ... and I've done it for 20 years ... but now there's a rotted-out tire and a dead battery, and my husband isn't here to charge the battery, and how the heck do you change a riding lawnmower tire?  

I NEED to "read the directions!" on this battery-charger thing I'd bought last year, left in the box, and never even used.  So.  I've GOT to MAKE MYSELF "just do it!"   JUST DO IT.   sheeeesh.  but I avoid avoid avoid avoid.        

I even asked mySELF, "who are you to tell me what to do?"   ...     (( sigh! ))   so here I am, typing about it, when I ought to be JUST DOING IT, at least, reading the directions.   ...  ((sigh))

• Hugs 2

• Members
Gail 8588

Boggled, I am so right there with you.  I have so many things on my to do list, and I can't  seem to actually do anything!  I sometimes manage to buy the materials I need, but then I still don't  do the actual task.

I was doing pretty well for a couple of years.  My son's  divorce has really sent me into a depression.  He is doing  pretty well.  The kids have been told, but they don't  really understand. They are looking forward to  having 2 houses to play in. (Mom has not moved out yet. )   So it is not that as anybody is in crises right now, and may never be.   But I am in a terrible funk.   I am hoping that  when the new reality of  2 houses and joint custody gets put in place, my mind will accept that this is not a tragedy.    I totally get that this is all in my mind, but still, I find myself unable to get up and do all the things that life requires.  At least I did finally do my taxes, on the last day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Members
Boggled
1 hour ago, Gail 8588 said:

Boggled, I am so right there with you.  I have so many things on my to do list, and I can't  seem to actually do anything!  I sometimes manage to buy the materials I need, but then I still don't  do the actual task.

oh yeah.  BUYING stuff (except for the spending $$ part) sort of makes you feel like you DID at least SOMEthing.  But Gail, iirc, IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, aren't you the one who climbed up on your roof?  ... and repaired part of it yourself?    (just searched for word "ladder," yep!)   I WAS TOTALLY IMPRESSED!  I MEAN, TOTALLY!   I was like "WOW!!"  "i need to be like that!"  (just so you know ... really that was FANTASTIC.   (you posted about that in the "positives" thread on 12-7-2023, btw.)

I am trying to "just do it," in my case, charge up the lawnmower battery, first by calling our old carpenter, who said he'd call me back yesterday evening ... and then he didn't call back.   Understandable, he has no obligation to do my stuff.  So I'm going at it kind of sideways.  Today I weedwhacked a path out to the shed where the lawnmower is.  Then, I have this charger I'd bought ... I OPENED THE BOX ... (!) ... (for me, that is a big deal!) ... the manual is teensy tiny ... so just now I found it online and printed the English part big enough to read!  easily!  heh heh heh.   I'm laughing at myself.  Baby steps!!!!!

I've cried.  I've yelled ... at myself.  I'm working my way UP to actually READING THE INSTRUCTIONS.   SHEEEEESH.  Why is this so HARD to do?  (Because it's a thing my husband would have done, with knowledge and understanding, maybe complained a bit, but he would've done it, he DID do it over the 20 years "we" mowed the grass.   maybe?? that's why?  or maybe I'm JUST A BIG BABY.  I'm certainly old enough to be a so-called-grown-up.    

I'm afraid I'll say the wrong thing about your situation being depressed about your son's divorce.  It's like all the people who say the wrong things about grieving.  I guess ... just ... I hear you.  I'm sorry.  I hope you carry on "OKAY!"        BE OKAY!    (like, what would a counsellor say?  I dunno, I'm not a counsellor!)  But keep on posting about whatever!  Seems to me, we need to express.   

Like, I'm expressing GOL DARN IT I DON'T LIKE READING DIRECTIONS/INSTRUCTIONS, and as other people have said, "it sucks."  But I have to do SOMEthing.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
widower2

There's an old saying in the tech world going something like:

"If it needs documentation, it wasn't well designed."  :)   

That is of course a tongue-in-cheek expression, but not totally without merit. The better designed something is, the less people will need to plow through documentation.

• Like 3

• Members
WithoutHer
29 minutes ago, widower2 said:

That is of course a tongue-in-cheek expression, but not totally without merit. The better designed something is, the less people will need to plow through documentation.

@Boggled I think once you've figured out how easy it is to use that charger take note of widower2s post. You'll be wondering what you stressed yourself over. I'm just hoping for you that the battery takes a charge and is still useable. Fingers crossed. 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Gail 8588
8 hours ago, Boggled said:

. . .   But Gail, iirc, IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, aren't you the one who climbed up on your roof?  ... and repaired part of it yourself?    (just searched for word "ladder," yep!)   I WAS TOTALLY IMPRESSED!  I MEAN, TOTALLY!   I was like "WOW!!"  "i need to be like that!"  (just so you know ... really that was FANTASTIC.   (you posted about that in the "positives" thread on 12-7-2023, btw.

Yeah, I was doing okay then.

I was a complete zombie unable to do much of anything for the first 3.5 years after my hubby died, then I slowly clawed my way back to being human over the course of another year.  In years 5 and 6, I feel like I was doing pretty well. Still missing my hubby, and adjusting to the chronic aloneness.  But I felt I was engaged in life.  Cleaning out my gutters, putting roofing tar on cracked roll roofing.  Doing stuff that needed to be done.

This divorce has set me back.  I'm  not sleeping well.  I have let the house go.  I know I have to snap out of this depression.  It is bad for me, both physically and mentally.  I want to be in a position to be helpful to my son and grandchildren.

Like you, I chastise myself that I need to stop being so lazy.  But it is still hard to make yourself do what you know you should do. 

I try to trick myself saying I don't  need to actually do the task right now, but I'll  just start a little bit of it and then it will be easier to come back and finish later.  Once I start on it, some of the time I just do the whole thing.

For example if my kitchen is a mess, I'll  say just empty the dishwasher, then later I'll  be able to clean up the kitchen.  But once the dishwasher is empty, sometimes I just continue on and fill it up and wipe down the counters, etc.  Getting started can be the hardest thing. 

• Hugs 2

• Members
Boggled
17 hours ago, widower2 said:

Well our old carpenter had a cancellation, so called me, came over, DIDN'T BOTHER TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, just went out and charged up the battery!  

16 hours ago, WithoutHer said:

I think once you've figured out how easy it is to use that charger take note of widower2s post. You'll be wondering what you stressed yourself over. I'm just hoping for you that the battery takes a charge and is still useable. Fingers crossed. 😊

It worked!       YAYYYYY!!!    I went and mowed ALL the grass (except the bits too close to things that I'll use the weed-whacker on).   It's MOWED!!!!!   And we did have to READ THE LAWNMOWER MANUAL ... because the BATTERY said (on the battery!) to read the lawnmower manual about what kind of battery it is!!!   I was "whut?  why don't they just put the voltage and type ON THE BATTERY?"   ... but we had the manual filed away, so the carpenter DID read that, under "electricity" (oh) in the lawnmower manual.   NEVER LOSE A MANUAL.  One more lesson for today.   :)   anyhoo I'm happy!

15 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

I try to trick myself saying I don't  need to actually do the task right now, but I'll  just start a little bit of it and then it will be easier to come back and finish later.  Once I start on it, some of the time I just do the whole thing.

For example if my kitchen is a mess, I'll  say just empty the dishwasher, then later I'll  be able to clean up the kitchen.  But once the dishwasher is empty, sometimes I just continue on and fill it up and wipe down the counters, etc.  Getting started can be the hardest thing. 

I agree about getting started.   Great way to trick yourself too, Gail!    Sometimes you have to trick yourSELF.  Which is tricky!   :) 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
foreverhis

@widower2  Obviously I close the door if other humans are in the house, but generally don’t if it’s just me and my girl. If I am having an autoimmune intestinal flare up, it’s definitely closed because I don’t want her bugging me when I feel lousy that way.

It’s interesting you mention that though. About a year after John died, I was still automatically closing the door every time. It’s the kind of habit most of us have thoroughly ingrained, even if we’re temporarily alone in the house.

One day, it occurred to me that there was no one else here and I just swung the door partway closed. Then I wondered if that was a weird metaphor: Did leaving the bathroom door open mean I was closing an emotional door by admitting I was, in fact, alone?

And yes, I can definitely relate to that poor caterpillar.🦋

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
foreverhis

Thanks, widower2. That’s helpful.😀

• Like 1

• Moderators
widower2

Yeah that's what I was wondering - I live alone but still close the door -

• Members
Gail 8588

My house has 2 bathrooms. Even when I am the only one here, which is most of the time, I close the door if I use the hall bath, but I don't  bother if I use the bathroom attached to my bedroom.

I hadn't  given it any thought before now. 

My home office area is closer to the hall bathroom, so I do use that one fairly often.  Somehow it just seems like  more public space.

• Like 2

• Members
Boggled
22 hours ago, foreverhis said:

One day, it occurred to me that there was no one else here and I just swung the door partway closed. Then I wondered if that was a weird metaphor: Did leaving the bathroom door open mean I was closing an emotional door by admitting I was, in fact, alone?

Interesting word, foreverhis, "admitting."   Who would the "admitting" be to?  It's gotta be to ourselves, huh?  and yeah, applying it to me, in order to make my condition here, of being alone, tolerable, I THINK I'm NOT ADMITTING to myself ... at least in some pretty fundamental way ... that I AM alone.  It's same thing as "denial," I suppose, and so ... "denial" and not admitting things to yourself, is a defense mechanism -- and is worthwhile!!!   Because by not admitting I'm alone to myself, I can just go on in most important ways, as though my husband were still here, just not here at the moment, just engaged in some TV show, but it's OKAY, I can cook, I can eat, clean the house, make the bed, get on the computer, ... but I couldn't charge up the lawnmower battery!  which forces me to RECOGNIZE (better word than "accept," IMHO!) ... what I've avoided recognizing for the sake of comforting myself with this avoidance.  That really, I've known all along.  But there AREN'T ANY ANSWERS, not real ones, that can bring back the love and the comfort and the security.  So avoiding thinking about it is JUST FINE.  IMHO.  Take it easy ... works for me!   and you can have both, you can "admit" to yourself that you can leave the bathroom door open because there's nobody else here, AND if you feel like it, you can keep on closing the bathroom door as though there were.  And you can shift in your head, too, back and forth, depending on what's more comfortable and ... "acceptable."  hahaHUNH.  so there's the joke.  It's kinda funny, what you can do in your own head.   :) 

But it's better if you can control it ... Pin on Funny (pinterest.com)

• Like 2

• Members
foreverhis
3 hours ago, Boggled said:

Who would the "admitting" be to?  It's gotta be to ourselves, huh?  and yeah, applying it to me, in order to make my condition here, of being alone, tolerable, I THINK I'm NOT ADMITTING to myself ... at least in some pretty fundamental way ... that I AM alone. 

For me, definitely admitting it to myself.  I would never speak for others, just me.  I don't believe there's anything wrong one way or the other.  Whatever we need to do to make life as tolerable as possible is what's best for each of us. 

19 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

Somehow it just seems like  more public space.

I get that!  Our downstairs bathroom is off the laundry room, but we have a simple "open floor plan" downstairs and the back door opens from the laundry room.  I am more likely to swing the door partway closed downstairs, simply out of habit, than upstairs in the one by the bedrooms (no en suite).

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
foreverhis
On 4/21/2024 at 7:27 AM, Boggled said:

which forces me to RECOGNIZE (better word than "accept," IMHO!)

In some cases, “recognize” is definitely more accurate.  For me, accepting does not mean that I accept that losing John was right or fair or just because it was none of those things and it never will be.  It's an acceptance of things as they are, rather than the way they were or the way they should be.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
widower2

Saw this online about famous old commercial jingles - how many do you remember? I recalled all but one or two (and so many are missing, like "My baloney has a first name" and "You deserve a break today...")  The last one is by FAR the most annoying on the list and one of the most annoying ever IMO.

"Nationwide is on your side" // Nationwide Insurance
"Ba-da-ba-ba-baaa ... I'm lovin' it" // McDonald's
"Riiiicolaaa!" // Ricola cough drops
"Snap! Crackle! Pop! Rice Krispies" // (Kellogg's Rice Krispies)
"They're magically delicious!" // Lucky Charms
"Uh-oh! Spaghetti-O's!" // Campbell's Spaghetti-O's
"Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there" // State Farm Insurance
"Mm-mm, good. Mm-mm, good" // Campbell's Soup
"Gimme a break ... break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar" // Kit Kat
"I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid" // Toys R Us
"Every kiss begins with K" // Kay Jewelers
"Ch-ch-ch-chia!" // Chia Pet
"I want my baby back, baby back, baby back ..." // Chili's
"Mommy, wow! I'm a big kid now" // Huggies
"The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup" // Folgers
"Be all that you can be" // U.S. Army
"What would you do-oooo for a Klondike Bar?" // Klondike ice cream bars
"Ace is the place with the helpful hardware man" // Ace Hardware
"Clap on! Clap off" // The Clapper
"Liberty, Liberty, Liberty ... Liberty!" // Liberty Mutual Insurance

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Members
WithoutHer
1 hour ago, widower2 said:

The last one is by FAR the most annoying on the list and one of the most annoying ever IMO.

Agreed. And quite a few of them, like that one, are still in use.

• Like 3

• Moderators
widower2

ugh very. It seems almost all commercials now are about:

- Insurance companies 
- Law firms trying to get you to sue somebody (Camp LeJeune etc)
- Cell phones
- Fast food (mostly Dominos it seems) 

I never thought I'd miss when many commercials were about ordinary, day-to-day products like detergents or toothpaste.

But worst of all are the commercials that flit across the screen WHILE THE SHOW IS GOING ON. That's when I cancelled my cable subscription.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Boggled

I've realized I kinda LIKE commercials.  Dependably crass, self-serving, baby-talking, good ole same ole reliably boring and ignorable commercials!  Compared to some of the other stuff we can see on the tube at least they're a break.  Mostly I just turn the TV on and ignore it though, go read a book and just leave it on as a matter of routine.

• Hugs 1

• Members
HisMunchkin
On 4/21/2024 at 9:54 PM, widower2 said:

"My baloney has a first name"

Oscar Myers?

On 4/21/2024 at 9:54 PM, widower2 said:

"You deserve a break today..."

Kit Kat?

You should have just put in the jingles and let us guess!?!  Although some of them kind of says the name outright like "Uh oh, spaghetti o's". 😛

• Hugs 1

• Moderators
widower2
26 minutes ago, HisMunchkin said:

Oscar Myers?

Right!

Kit Kat?

Nope; McDonalds.

You should have just put in the jingles and let us guess!?!

My bad. Here are a few more I thought of (some aren't a jingle but a famous line used):

1. "I'd like to teach the world to sing"
  2. "Ancient Chinese secret, huh?"
  3. “Meow, meow, meow, meow”
  4. "Where's the beef?"
  5. "Pret-ty sneaky sis"
  6. "Plop plop, fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is"
  7. "Manly yes, but I like it too"
  8. "The quicker picker-upper"
  9. "He likes it! Hey Mikey"
  10. "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't"
  • Like 2

• Members
Boggled
On 4/23/2024 at 7:33 PM, widower2 said:

"I'd like to teach the world to sing"

Coca Cola?

"Plop plop, fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is"

Alka Seltzer?   ... and this "Hey Mikey" one, we quoted that one to one another a lot of times ... what was it FOR?  ?  Always humorous, really enjoyed that one!

"He likes it! Hey Mikey"

• Like 3

• Members
foreverhis

@widower2 I guess it’s a sign of my age that I know every one of those jingles and tag lines. Sigh.

I cut the cable cord a few years ago, so I am happy to say I probably wouldn’t recognize any, at most a few, of the current ones.

• Like 3

• Members
Sparky1
7 hours ago, Boggled said:

and this "Hey Mikey" one, we quoted that one to one another a lot of times ... what was it FOR?

One of my favourites, Life brand cereal. "Let's give it to Mikey... he won't eat it, he hates everything .....hey Mikey, he likes it "  Yea, we got lots of American commercials in Canada too 😂 I know almost all the ones listed lol.

• Like 4

• Moderators
widower2
12 hours ago, Boggled said:

Coca Cola?

Correct!

Alka Seltzer?   

And again!

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 4/21/2024 at 9:04 PM, widower2 said:

But worst of all are the commercials that flit across the screen WHILE THE SHOW IS GOING ON.

I record them (Dish Network) and fast forward through the commercials.  Only ones I watch are in the super bowl.

I've lived alone nearly 19 years excepting when my son came home on college breaks so I don't shut the bathroom door...who would I be shutting out?  Kodie doesn't care, in fact, he likes to check on me!

• Like 1

• Members
On 4/23/2024 at 8:33 PM, widower2 said:

“Meow, meow, meow, meow”

😂  I have no idea.  Meowmix?

"Where's the beef?"

Oh, I remember that lady!  But I forget what the add was for.  Hamburger, but where?  Burger King?  Wendy's?

"The quicker picker-upper"

Bounty?  Swiffer?

"He likes it! Hey Mikey"

I remember that kid too, but I don't remember the product they were trying to sell. 😜  Cereal?  Shredded wheat?

"Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't"

M & M's?

• Like 1