Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Today it just seems to be an overwhelming sadness

JonathanFive

• Members
JonathanFive

My body was really shutting off before I got that iron pill.  I wasn't really grieving and crying, didn't have the strenght.  I was sorta, "getting ready for a real long sleep."

Now I'm awake again, this loss of him really just aches. It's plain painful. So much hurt I can't even

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JonathanFive

• HisMunchkin

• KayC

• WithoutHer

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I guess in a way the pain is a sign you are alive...I am sorry life sucks so much right now.  Better days ahead although it'll likely be a good long while before it's noticeable.  💜

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Members
JonathanFive

I hear you on the, "yearning," and shopping in certain stores!!  Ouch that gets me.  Yes, May 6th with the hematologist. I seem to be surviving on the iron pill.

But I took two naps today, but of course I only got five hours of sleep last night...  Now I'll be awake all night.  Sitting in my bedroom burning candles I suppose

• Like 3

• Members
HisMunchkin
32 minutes ago, WithoutHer said:

It's not just today. This past week has been exceptionally difficult emotionally. I had a couple of good moments, especially my jury recusal issue, but it's been days of reliving everything all over again and fighting the site and my phone wanting to share with everyone the eldest of our pets who is completely tuned into her dad's feelings. She comes and sits on the arm of chair with me when I'm feeling that deep loss of her mom 

Meet Bella the masked princess of the house. That perfect bell shape on her nose provided her name.

Bella2-small.jpg.44b5931f5dd2c584b07fd419c646e0b3.jpg

SO cUUUUUUUte!!!! 😍  She looks like she has a giant nose. 🥰  Thank you for sharing!!   So you don't have to go for jury duty? 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
WithoutHer
11 minutes ago, HisMunchkin said:

SO cUUUUUUUte!!!! 😍  She looks like she has a giant nose. 🥰  Thank you for sharing!!   So you don't have to go for jury duty? 

It's the mask giving that appearance but she is a fair size kitty about 11 years old and much more laid back than the other 2 younger rascals around here.

No jury duty. My doctor's office wrote a medical letter for recusal and it was approved first thing in the morning after uploading it the evening before. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Thank you for sharing a picture of Bella with us so we can meet her!  Sounds like she brings you a lot of enjoyment.  I miss my last few kitties.  Esp. Kitty, she was a character, one of a kind.  I thought she was old when I got her (12 or 13) but she lived to 25 1/2!  She was different from any of my other cats, loud, demanding, addicted to Easy Cheese, which I bought just for her.  Panther doesn't like cheese.  I got him a bigger bowl that says Fat Cat on it, Kodie had to run off a skunk in the middle of the night wanting into it so I put it inside until morning...at 3 am he was sitting outside waiting for it!

• Like 4

• Members
JonathanFive

I had a dream about him.  It was so real!   So real.  I can remember the dream clearly.   It was such a real day together.

Then I woke up alone.  The human brain is so weird.  Such a mystery

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
Boggled
20 minutes ago, JonathanFive said:

The human brain is so weird.  Such a mystery

I, whoever "I" am, agree!   yes.   I wonder so many things.  

There are so many many things that remind, over and over and over and over, lately in response to the immediate crying and sadness that happens, I've been sort of asking my brain, "why?  what are you doing where you put the reminding thing together with this emotion of grief and sadness?"   It's even weird that I can examine/question my brain ... as if it's separate from "me?"  but it and "I" are in here together!  :)   and no, I'm not schizophrenic, and yes, somehow my brain and I are getting closer to where I might try to meditate again ... WHO is the "me" that pushes the thoughts aside?  hahahahaha!ha!  humor ... I can ask my brain, "why is that funny?"  hahaha!  but hunh.  only speculation.  Answers aren't ever definite, are they?  Even "science" needs to keep remembering it ALL starts with "hypothesis."

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
HisMunchkin
14 hours ago, WithoutHer said:

No jury duty. My doctor's office wrote a medical letter for recusal and it was approved first thing in the morning after uploading it the evening before. 

That's great news!!  What a load off! 👍🥳

3 hours ago, JonathanFive said:

I had a dream about him.  It was so real!   So real.  I can remember the dream clearly.   It was such a real day together.

What was the dream about?  Also, how are you feeling?

• Like 2

• Members
JonathanFive
Just now, HisMunchkin said:

What was the dream about?  Also, how are you feeling?

I'm feeling a lot better as I've been on this iron pill for over a week.  Not sure if I said it, but I didn't get an appointment with the hematologist till May 6th, but I should be ok on the iron pill till then.

You want to hear what happened in the dream?   This is not fun...

We were in the car together, we were talking about life and stuff, and I looked over at him and I said, "you will be dead in two weeks from fentanyl."  

Then I heard my phone ringing my morning alarm.  Woke up groggy, flipped on the computer, started getting ready for work etc

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
HisMunchkin
37 minutes ago, JonathanFive said:

I'm feeling a lot better as I've been on this iron pill for over a week.  Not sure if I said it, but I didn't get an appointment with the hematologist till May 6th, but I should be ok on the iron pill till then.

Good to hear you're feeling a lot better.  May 6th is quite far away!  Will they be monitoring your blood in the meantime to check on your hemoglobin?  Too much iron can also be detrimental.

39 minutes ago, JonathanFive said:

We were in the car together, we were talking about life and stuff, and I looked over at him and I said, "you will be dead in two weeks from fentanyl."  

Then I heard my phone ringing my morning alarm.  Woke up groggy, flipped on the computer, started getting ready for work etc

🥺

Perhaps in the back of your dream mind, you realize that he was already gone?  I had a dream that my grandfather was diagnosed with lung cancer.  But then I also thought, in my dream, that wait - he has already passed.  How can he have lung cancer?  Or another time, I dreamed that my husband came home, but then part of "reality" kicked in and I remember that he's actually gone.  I held him, cried, and asked him to please don't go!     

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
JonathanFive

I got a new job, so I'm wrapping this job Wednesday noon.   A soon as I get some free time, I'm going to see about getting to the hematologist a little more expediently

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
HisMunchkin

Congrats on the new job!!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Yes, definite congrats in store for you!❣️

• Like 2