Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• widower2

• RichS

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
4 hours ago, DWS said:

If I was nearer, you'd certainly get a small clump of mine. 

Aww, thank you!  I'm picturing them there now!

• Like 3

• Moderators

Had a good day yesterday, didn't have to be anywhere.  Tomorrow dentist out of town and next day doctor bright and early.  But yesterday I enjoyed.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

It sounds like you had a good a productive time, Gail!  That sounds positive!!

• Like 3

• Members
41 minutes ago, KayC said:

Big positive: this morning's BP: 133/79!  I was hoping to hit the 130s, but that knocked it out of the ballpark for me!  One week ago today: 220/96. 

With those numbers in one week, you would have made a nice profit in the stock market as a SHORT SELLER............

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Just got back from the doctor, they want me to return in a week with my BP cuff, it never ends.

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
52 minutes ago, KayC said:

they want me to return in a week with my BP cuff, it never ends.

Chris used to have a problem with getting an accurate blood pressure reading. It seems that only a standard cuff with the air pump would work. The mechanical ones they have now would never give them an accurate reading.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I am pretty small, am wondering about a child/women's cuff with monitor (5.9" cuff) most are large.

• Like 3

• Moderators
widower2

I should probably get a cuff, getting to that age where you have all this medical crap in the house lol (for Christmas a friend of mine and his wife gave me a thermometer...it does make sense to have one around but I would have much preferred wine).

• Haha 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Rey Dominguez Jr
1 hour ago, foreverhis said:

I have really sensitive upper arms. By the time the cuff is tight enough, I am in so much pain

Veronica had trouble with the cuffs on her upper arms also, although, I do recall she seemed to be more at ease with the manual operated ones with the squeeze-bulb.  The machine ones tended to squeeze her arm quickly which she didn’t like.  We had also been using one of those at-home ones for the wrist, one made by Omron.  Has been a very good unit over the years.  But I will never forget the morning i took her to the ER, we could not get a BP for her.   Worked fine for me, nothing for her.  When I get her to the ER and the nurse grabbed her BP, she was at something like 75 over 20, something scary low.  They took Veronica into the ER right away after that.

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
Rey Dominguez Jr

A positive for the day, was productive in the garage.  Spent time cleaning and putting away tools, cleaning off and sweeping my work benches and tables.  I seem to have collected 5, count them, 5 battery chargers for the power tools such as drill drivers and reciprocating saw, impact tools.  They were just kind of neatly piled on one section of the workbench.  I thought enough of this.  I found a board, 3 ft long and 2 foot wide that I screwed into the wall and then hung all the chargers on the board, all nice and neat, cords routed so as not to be in the way, all plugged into a central power strip.  Turned out nice, the kind of thing I would have been telling Veronica  about.  She would have said, “Good!  It’s about time!  As long it’s done now and you’re good with it.”  I miss telling her about stuff like that.  

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Sparky1
2 hours ago, KayC said:

That's what mine is.

I also have two of the Omron BP machines. One is very simple and basic, the other one is a bit more complicated, so I use the simple one more.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Mine is very simple, that works for me!

36 minutes ago, Sparky1 said:

I also have two of the Omron BP machines. One is very simple and basic, the other one is a bit more complicated, so I use the simple one more.

Mine is simple too, that works for me!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Took more stuff down yesterday!  Four days in a row!  Think I'm done with that, now have other things to get rid of!

• Like 3

• Moderators

MY POSITIVE IS I MADE IT HOME IN ONE PIECE!  TALKED TO SON AN HOUR! They got a new Husky, 140 lbs, he's already lost seven. Grizz Lee, he's adorable. 

Exhausted! Iris called me at 12:30, needed a ride to Eugene for an eye appointment, they'd just had a cancellation and the appt was at 12:15. Left at 1, got there about 2 (I drove a little faster than usual and we didn't hit construction).  Waited for two hours+ for her to get out.  Kodie was an angel. Took him out to pee and got him a drink.  Got gas, stopped at store briefly, came home and put my stuff in the fridge, took her home and let Kodie and Jazzy play, came home, let him poop/pee. fed Panther.   Iris has retinol issues, has to go back in a month for testing again, then go from there.
Skunk came onto patio and would not leave early this morning, very brazen!  Sprayed and sprayed and sprayed. Burning a candle today.

Funny how you can have a day like that yet not be able to sleep! Want to make it through my doctor's appt. today and then relax!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

So glad for you, and I bet Veronica is too!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

That's for sure!

• Like 3

• Moderators

@Gail 8588 And I hope you have a good time!  Four people to dogsit?  Or just you?

• Like 1

• Moderators

Feel so good about all I accomplished yesterday clear up until bedtime!  My hands hurt like crazy after sifting through ash for two hours last night, I didn't think about how abrasive it is, my hand need some healing care today!  Should have worn gloves but then you can't feel the nails, etc. as well.

Raining today, will leave my car outside, maybe it'll get some of the gunk off...carwash has been closed lately.  I can't turn the valve on to wash it here, one of the side effects of my 10% strength.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Got all the hardware picked up and thrown in my garbage.  Didn't take nearly as long as sifting through it all did.

Iris wanted to go to Concerts in the Park, but it's only 50 out, drizzling rain, nope.  Just got back from walking Kodie.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Went to church with Kodie, it was a great distraction from George's death.  We had missionaries and they are the cream of the crop imo.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
1 hour ago, KayC said:

We had missionaries and they are the cream of the crop imo.

And many of them work in areas of the world that don't have the living conditions we take for granted every day.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

I hope you enjoy yourselves, maybe it will lift her spirits!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Sunday I went to the town's only carwash and asked when it'd be open again, to which the guy told me they'd just gotten it fixed and 15 min. later a lady rammed through the bar on a red light and wrecked it again.  Didn't sound like it'd be any time soon if ever. (Wouldn't her car ins. cover that???)

So yesterday morning it had poured rain and my car was all wet, so I got out my carwash brush and went over it (I can't turn on my outdoor faucets because of my 10% strength & not being able to shut it off), then poured a pitcher of water over it.  Yes it dried streaked but it got all the bugs off!  Better than nothing, will have to go to a carwash 60 miles away next time I go to the valley.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

8 hours of sleep....................something I do maybe once every 8 days.......................

• Like 2

• Moderators

I know, right?!!

• Like 2

• Moderators

This morning it was 32 F and now it's 70, will be upper 70s, lower 80s, this week before going down to 70s again.  Feeling lucky as the rest of the country is in a huge heat wave.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I am sorry, I see why mine is in positive, but oh I am sorry for the rest of the country!

• Like 1

• Members
WithoutHer
31 minutes ago, RichS said:

Here's what we can expect in Central North Carolina for the next week:

https://www.wral.com/weather/image/2774561/

Getting the same in west central Maryland 

• Sad 2

• Moderators
widower2

Yeah gonna be inside almost totally for awhile.....

• Like 2

• Moderators

Today my positive is:

I got to talk to my daughter for a while last night (no mention of George), I'd meant to delete a link in a text and instead it deleted the entire thread and would not let me start another text to her, so got ahold of her after work and had her send me a new text to start again.  Trying to make plans to see her for her bdy but will have to be on the weekend after some time.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1