• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Love the song and video Shannon, it fits perfectly in this puzzle and let's us know that somehow, others do know and write for our hearts along with theirs.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Shannon....thank you for that song....we come to the grief journey with no compass or map....

but I have found that on this site.....I get a wind vane of sorts.....it can point to a place where I can find some steady footing..to get to the next minute....hour...day....week.....

so many on this site that I have only pure...gratitude....

thanks for sharing your photos....and Trista's Glo Run....and the celebration of her birth....you said you had a deep sleep...

how healing for us parents...to have that healing sleep....

it was because you reached deep...and wide....and 'circled the wagons' for family and friends....

for your girl....and for all....

you left no stone unturned....

it sounds as if your Zak is finding paths to explore....acting...now track....that is a good sign that he is moving forward...and that is what we want for our children...GRANDchildren....and you are showing a great example of courage on this grief journey we find ourselves placed on...

• Members

a photo from last week, My Little Girl and me.

post-261428-0-84363600-1403551382_thumb.

• Members

Dee, she is absolutely adorable! You must be so happy to have the opportunity to see her frequently. Is she ever growing quickly.

I had promised a few people to enclose a couple of pics of Jeff's site. Keep in mind that it is in the woods overlooking the lake. The gardens are very simple and deer proof. Also there is a picture of the lady's slipper orchids that are now blooming in the woods. We took these pictures a couple of weeks ago before the rain.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Oh Gosh Dee.....she just blooms.....and you both have the 'same eyes'....this summer will add some extra hues from the Sun and Rainbows.....you have had 11 years of walking that path....mining for some sliver of precious...looking for that 'pot of gold' that your Eri puts in front of your footsteps....and there...you have another 'little girl' to hold and shape a theme ...

am so ...so over the top happy for you.....

my GRANDchildren have certainly been a rope to pull me from a slippery slope...

Kate....when the snow melts....I have to say you live in a very 'pretty place' in this world...in a great big galaxy....thanks for sharing those photos....

• Members

Wow, Susan how true! Today is one of those days that Jeff is on my mind pretty much all day.

Dee, she takes after her Gram. What a real cutie pie.

Yes, after the snow melts...we have mosquitoes. This year a new one that is absolutely huge.

• Members

Kate, we have had a ton of mosquitios as well, and they do happen to love me. I use spray even though I hate the thought of poison on my skin, but heck, have to do something if you want to be outdoors.

Thanks for the sweet compliments about my Little Eri to you and Susan. She is a bountiful grace in our lives.

I am reading a book by a well known author and essayist, Roger Rosenblatt and want to share a passage here for you all. This author lost his daughter, suddenly, a heart valve issue that never was on her radar, the book is called: Making Toast.

This segment comes when the author goes to the psychotherapist;

I often feel removed from friends in social situations. She says that one of the delusions of people in grief is that once a year passes, things will start to look up. She reminds us of what she told Harris at the outset, that grief is a lifelong process for every one of us, not just the children.

• Members

HAPPY------ HEAVENLY----BIRTHDAY,  ------SWEET   TRISTA MAE.  SMILE DOWN FROM

YOUR  LILAC CLOUD, AND WARM YOUR MOM'S AND FAMILY'S HEART & SOUL.

Shannon-----Sorry that I missed Trista's birthday. I know the day must have been

so difficult for you. Thanks for the song, video and pics....so lovely.  The Glo-Run was so

nice and honored your sweet girl in such a special way.  Your Gramma  must be

such a wonderful and positive part of your life. Also, nice that the lady who had

lost her son joined in. Loved the pics, and your Gramma's decorated wheelchair.

Wishing you peace & comfort.

Susan----Thanks for the card and poem.

Dee-----Little Erica looks so very cute, and I agree she takes after her

doting Gram :) .  I agree about the vets. My husband is a Vietnam vet,

and the way the returning vets were treated was terrible. He still bears

'internal' scars from that era......22 months in the USMC in Vietnam jungles, and

to be jeered & spit at....called names when they came into San Francisco...after

being discharged.  No "hurray" parades at the end of the war in 1973....nothing.

It's just an ugly black scar on the way the U.S. handled it all and disrespected the

veterans who fought, were wounded, or gave their lives. 

Kate----thank you for posting all the lovely pics of flowers at your dear Jeff's

resting place.  I agree....sometimes our dear children will be on our minds

all day long.....thinking of them and loving them, always. 

Debbie----

Thinking of you as you are at the 9 mo. mark in time since your dear

Sam died. I know that this period is so very painful......no words to describe it.

Just keep coming here .... to the BI family,   where we all know & understand.  Peace to you friend.

Lora----Sending prayers for your cousin in the loss of her dear son. As one who has also

lost two children, I sympathize with her for her loss. 

PEACE    AND    TRANQUILITY   TO   ALL   INDIGOS.

Davey&Lisasmom,   Sherry  

• Members
Mermaid Tears

post-306805-0-41897100-1403563672_thumb.

I just wanted to share this....one of John David's 'old' girlfriends sent this to me on FB...

(she looks like a "Jerry Hall"...and is still stunning)

they are so...so sweet to me....

and I need every love calorie...

• Members
Mom2FourBoys

Hello,

My name is Jenn.  I lost my son, Michael just 2 weeks ago.  He was a passenger in a car accident.  I am not sure how I found this site, but I have been lost for the past 2 weeks.  Michael was my oldest son and only 26 years old.  I do not know how to keep moving on.

• Members

Susan,

I love the poem. Thank you it's something to hold on to.

Dee,

What a precious little angel. She is adorable!

Kate,

Jeff's place is beautiful. So peaceful. Thank you for sharing.

Laurie,

I finally found a direct number for Rev. Apple. I'm so hoping he calls me. I'll let you know.

Hope everyone is doing well today.

Debbie

• Members

Jenn,

I'm so sorry about your Michael. I know very well how you are feeling. My Sam was taken from us by a train 9 months ago. I don't have any magic words. I do know that this is a lifesaver for me. To be able to come here and talk about how I am feeling, to talk about Sam, to be accepted andunderstood by friends who have walked this path before me and are willing to walk with me. Please tell us more about Michael when you can. There are some wonderful people here.

Debbie

• Members

Jenn...

I am so very, very sorry.  I also don't remember how I found this site, but it "saved" me.  Nothing I can say right now will ease that immediate grief that we all know so well, but we will be here for you...somehow...someway.  Here you will find some hope...it will take time...rivers of tears...and that is ok...  Share with us your beautiful son...it is a safe place to let it all go.  After nine months I have found a semblance of myself again...a little hope...but maybe even more importantly, I have found a new family of friends who are continually helping me in my journey.  Right now, I send you my thoughts and prayers to let you know you are not alone.

• Members

Jenn, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear sweet son. Please feel comfortable to open up to us. We are here for you. You do not have to go though this alone. You will find an open ear and more importantly...open hearts to hold you as you walk through this most difficult grieving process. Hold on with both hands... you will learn to move forward in time after the shock and initial pain wears off. It is a learning process...long and slow. But there is not a time frame here. We all go about it in our own way. Talk about Michael when you are able. Jump in when you can...or just read. Go with what you can. Love, Kate

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Lora, your cousin will be in my continued prayers...I know that multiple losses can break someone...I am not sure why some have so much tragedy and others just seem to "glide" through life...with most of their loss in the right order...there not easy answers to these questions of life...I hope she has strong support around her...

Debbie, yes, let me know what Rev. Apple says if he gives you a call back...I would be interested...

Kate, the pictures are so full of tranquility and the lake looks so peaceful...it is a very calming spot...

Dee, thanks for posting the picture of you and baby Erica...how old is she right now? (I know you probably said but I left my mind somewhere and still have not found it)...

Jenn, I am sorry for the loss of your son, Michael. I have found many good people on this site that have held my hand during some very dark moments...

• Members

This was posted by Faith on FB...just thought I would share...

10426861_908381182524877_654013132345708

THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME
A few weeks ago we received a package in the mail from a Mitchell’s Journey follower who, over the months, has also become a friend of our family. Because Father’s Day was around the corner my wife wanted to wait and open it on that day in honor of our little boy. I am glad we did.

As we opened the package we discovered a beautiful stained glass ball about the size of a basketball. Carefully placed in the same shipping box were other small tokens of love from their family to my wife and kids. Little pieces of crumpled purple packing paper, like decorations, were scattered about as if to say they cared enough to remember one of our son’s favorite colors. Everything about their gift was a symbol of love. We were deeply touched.

That evening I asked Natalie to help me take a photo of the gift with the sun setting in the backdrop. I was so drawn to the stained glass ball. It was beautiful and reminded me of something Elisabeth Kubler-Ross wrote, “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.”

I hope to always have a light from within – to never let discouragement and pain darken my heart and dampen the light of faith. For true faith is a candle in the darkness and illuminates sights unseen.

Maybe she was on to something … perhaps our lives aren’t all that different from that of stained glass. Being mortal, we are fragile and break; only, we don’t always get to decide how and where we break. Sometimes that is the craft of the Master Artisan. We can, however, have a hand in how we put ourselves back together again.

Though I would rather be unbroken, with my son still in my arms, I can’t help but sense what is coming together after all my brokenness may be better off than the person I was once becoming. Each day I slowly, carefully, and sometimes painfully put the pieces of my heart back together the best I know how. Though pained and broken, wanting badly for my son, I can see the hand of God and sense the shape of things to come.

Don’t get me wrong; the death of my son has broken my soul. My heart is tender and bleeds … it isn't the same as it once was and I’m not sure it will ever be. What I thought a medley of shattered glass and broken dreams is in reality altogether different than what I think I see. Each piece, though agonizingly broken is colored by the deepest hues of love. A beautiful mosaic forged of pain … a heavenly arrangement from my Father above.

Sometimes in our sorrows the child in our heart cries out, “Oh Dad, why did you break me?” Then a loving whisper, if we listen, “I’m not breaking you dear child, I’m shaping you.”

• Members

Jenn I am so sorry about the loss of your son Michael.  This is a wonderful group of people that understand and offer support and and a place to share when you need a place to go,when you need understanding from those who will walk along beside you and who truly "get it".   Come and share or just read.  We care.

Sandy

• Members

Hello all,

My husand has been home from Rehab for 3 weeks now.   I am not sure he was ready to come home.  He was there 30 days but Insurance decided his time was up.  The doctor wants him to continue physical therapy at home, but insurance will only pay for half of it and we can't afford the rest of it, so are doing some home exercises.  I had hoped the surgery would take the pain away, but as he heals it seems as if he will be left with some pain, but we are thankful that it is not constant like before the surgery.   The intensity comes and goes.   Unfortunately he has spiraled down a lot as far as the dementia is concerned.  He has an aide with him while I am at work and for that I am very thankful.  

Laurie, how wonderful of you to put the information for our children together for us.  Sarah's birthday is 12-01-78 and she went to heaven 03-14-12.   I miss her so.    It seems like the loss has been harder the last couple of months.     I feel like I need some of Susan's "cocooning",

I found out today that the coworker whose daughter has been battling cancer was moved to the same hospice that Sarah was at and has only about a week to live.   I have been supporting her as much as I can, and know she will need support in the days that come as she enters that dark empty place of loss.   Oh how I hate when others have to join this club that no one wants to be a part of.

Kate, Jeff's site is beautiful and very peaceful.  

I read every day and my thoughts and prayers are with everyone as we all navigate each day without our child.

Have a restful night.

Sandy

• Members

Sherry, thought you may enjoy the flowers...

• Members

Sherry, I was posting this a couple of hours ago but the flowers did not come up with the post...sorry, I will try again.

Kate, your JEFF area is gorgeous, my goodness it a lovely place. I can see the draw to be there with the sound of the water so near and the quiet of the pathway so lovely. Glad that the weather is good.

Laurie, Little Eri is 14 months old. She makes me grin.

Sandy, it is so good to see you tonight. I wondered and wondered about your Husband. I am glad that he has a person with him while you are at work. I am sorry however, that the insurance company can't see their way clear to paying for more therapy for him.

Oh I wish that I could give you that cocooning time.

Jenn, the sadness of this time in your life is just so complete. The absolute of loss is unmistakable. There is nothing like it as far as pain and ache, as far as lonely and shattered. We get it, many may expect you to return to your life as you were, but we  know better, we are deeply changed by our grief.

I am here now for nearly 11 years, lost my Girl Erica when a train hit her car at a broken crossing in Kalamazoo, Michigan. I stay because I was helped beyond words here and figured one of my new roles in life after losing Erica, was to help the next person up if I can. We are a family of folks who truly understand the process one must travel in order to live our best lives in the light our Kids leave for us. Tell us more about your Boy and your life when you are able.

• Members

post-261428-0-68444400-1403585710_thumb.

Let's try again...

• Members

and...post-261428-0-56846300-1403585792_thumb.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Jen......I , too, do not 'know' how I found this site....

one night...I was looking something else up on the internet....and I feel like I was 'guided' to this site.....

my human boat was going down...down...down....

and many on this site threw me a life jacket....with their words of comfort...hands reaching out to help me..

we get no map or compass when we are placed on the grief journey...

and we have no answers here....but we do understand the kind of dark heavy grief you are experiencing...

we know the shoes you are walking in....

and until someone loses a child....(and it doesn't matter if your child was 2 or 52...they are still your child)

you cannot understand how crippling this grief can be...

when you can....tell us about your boy....and how you are doing....

• Members

Dee, your flowers are absolutely stunning. Please show us more when you can.

Thinking of everyone today. Wishing you a peaceful day. Kate

• Guests
Guest Trista's_Mom

Jenn,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Son, Michael. I lost my Daughter, Trista, a year ago on June 1, 2013. She was also a passenger in a car accident. I found this place just weeks after Trista's accident and it has been a lifeline for me. This is a place of compassion and understanding. We all know the pain of the loss of a precious Child. Please share more about Michael and yourself with us as you feel ready or just come and read. Sometimes, I just have no words but I read every day.

• Members

Thanks Kate, here are a few more views. One is named; Indian Paintbrush and I adore watching the tops bloom in a star shaped flower. post-261428-0-83063100-1403617075_thumb.post-261428-0-87306200-1403616991_thumb.

• Guests
Guest Trista's_Mom

Kate,

Jeff's spot is absolutely beautiful. I can feel the peacefulness of the place right through the screen. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Dee,

Little Erica is a doll baby. I love seeing the pictures and seeing how she's grown just in the year that I've been here. The flowers are so pretty too. I have lilies almost that same color.

Wade,

Thank you so much for that writing you shared and the picture is beautiful.

I've been trying to rest as much as possible the past couple of days. These special dates can take the wind right out of me.

Does anyone else find it still hard to sit around making small talk? I have only so much tolerance for that and even less for people who complain about nothing... negative people when there are so many really hurting in the world who just keep going. I don't mean that to sound judgmental. I know that everyone is on their own journey in this life but my tolerance for negativity and nonsense is almost zero. Maybe, I'm just very very tired.

• Members

Well guys,

I'm still around. It's been a while but have a new job and things have been very hectic. Brian's girl turned 15 this month. I attached a photo.

I found a fellow bereaved parent who lost his son in a motorcycle accident like Brian.

He made me a cross like this and I thought I'd show you guys here to see if anyone would like to buy one.

He is out of work and I told him I would try to sell some for him. They are 30.00 including shipping. They take about 2 weeks to complete depending on how many he gets orders for.

PM me if you want to order one and I'll make arrangements.

Take care,

Greg

Briansdad

post-264703-0-55203300-1403618404_thumb.

post-264703-0-37271200-1403618432_thumb.

• Guests
Guest Trista's_Mom

Greg,

Brian's Daughter is a beautiful girl. Thank you for sharing the picture. The cross is very pretty. Does your friend do anything that would be weather proof? I am looking for something to place at the crash site with Trista's name on it.

Just to clarify...

I felt like my last post sounded kind of mean. I didn’t mean it like that. I love to hear from people… how they are and what’s going on in their lives. However, I do find myself ‘zoning out’ a lot. What I’m really talking about is gossip. I’ve never been one to listen to it and have usually been the one to politely change the subject when someone starts in on a person who isn’t there to defend themselves. I know people haven’t changed. I guess, I have. I just can’t deal with it. I actually have to leave the room to keep from telling them how wrong it is. I just want to tell them that unless they care enough about this person to do something to help them then they should not be talking about them at all and if they do then the only one they should be talking to is the person in question. I know I would just push people away even farther.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Gregg....how tall/wide is the cross ? Very, Very nice.....I wonder if her could create one with a double name like my John David..?

That girl looks like a future Miss America....!! Know that she gives your heart a measure of comfort and healing...and that is the way it should be....time goes forward.....and those 'little' ones know how to balance and carry us...with just a hug and smile....

Shannon....no...what you posted and how you think are not 'mean'....it is a by product of coming into WISDOM....

...and we all have those kind of people around us.....those that seem to have nothing but time on their hands...a bitter heart...and also a jealous persona....

what I have learned is that envious and jealous people seem to be the ones that 'like to gossip' the most....(in my circle)...and they are also very 'two faced'.....as Essie would say...'when they are talking about you...they are just leaving someone else alone'......

After going through the war without a gun.....trivia/ small talk is not my best subject...

Love your plants Dee..... maybe one of these days....I will become the amazing gardener like my two Grama's...

• Members

Greg,

The cross is so nice and Brian's daughter is beautiful. I can't tell what the cross is made of looking at my screen. How very thoughtful.

Susan,

Going into war without a gun. .... So true. Sometimes I want to throw in the white flag but I don't even know what that would look like or mean.

Shannon,

That is not mean. I find that small talk, chit chat makes me crazy and gives me a great deal if anxiety especially gossip. It makes me so uncomfortable.

Dee,

The flowers are beautiful. I always tried to garden but I definatly don't have a green thumb.

Sandy,

I'm glad your husband us home. Please take care of yourself. I know how physically and emotionally draining it is to take care of someone else and feel like your needs are on the backburner.

Wade,

Thank you for the writing. It was inspirational to me at a very down time yesterday.

Peace to everyone.

Debbie

• Members

Greg, so very nice to see you today. Your Grandgirl is gorgeous. I have watched her over the years growing into herself, always carrying with her the beauty and glimmer of her Daddy. Thanks for letting us see her. A ray of hope.

The cross is lovely, I will give thought to that. What is your new job? Are you happy with it? How is your wife and the whole family doing?

The garden is both a joy to my husband and me. I used to be a main gardener here alongside my husband, though we garden very differently, but my back prevents me from much gardening. I can pull some weeds and do some planting but not too much. I miss being able to spend hours on my hands and knees digging in the dirt. I take care of all of the window boxes and pots. Most of our garden is perennial but we do add new things and each year the winter leaves us with something we need to fix or change. As the river birch gets larger we have a shadier spot that we have had to plant differently. It is a job filled with love. The trophy goes to husband.

it is a by product of coming into WISDOM... Love that Susan. Love the by product aspect as we need to acknowledge that so much of what we find changed in us is indeed that.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

I guess everyone can tell that when I start to 'post' ...'write'....the phone rings...someone coming in the front door...someone at the back door....spread thin...

My golden girl has been transported to the Scott and White hospital in College Station....her pneumonia was getting worse and the Dr. here thought she needed the 'extra' care there....I called and she is 'stable'...and has even eaten something...she will need rehab care after the hospital...and then...we will just have to take it day by day....I do hope she can go back to her 'home'....my golden girls are very fierce..in protecting their independence....

it gives me another pause to sell....

I know it would give Daniel and I more freedom...

will think about it tomorrow.....(thanks Scarlett)

Wade....love...love what you shared....

I posted something about my shattered heart...it is as if it is truly shattered and is scattered in pieces on the floor...and I am so in grief...I cannot pick them up....yet....but I know I will......I will pick up each piece and fit and shape them into a beautiful mosaic...and that is what I will 'become'....and me and my John David will shine through each colored shard....

I was gifted with a upbeat...and optimistic personality....there was no problem that could not be 'fixed or molded' into something useful....and I am in my 'best' when I am creating...

I know I will find a way to create that mosaic....it will be from the broken pieces that once was a whole vessel....

I guess that is why we find ourselves so changed after losing our child.

In truth though....I am not 'there' yet....

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Hello All:

Here is the updated list, I am posting it again...I am hopeful it will be a useful...

Angel Dates and Birthdays
(Sorted by Angel Month)

**January**
Kylie (Cherry: MissKylie) May 6, 2008 – January 1, 2014
Micheal Shane (Trudi) ?? – January 18, 2007
Rich (Betsy: mysonrich) June 14, 1988 - January 18, 2009
**February**
SailorMom February ??, ???? - February 22, 2014

**March**

Sarah (Sandy: Sarah's Mama) December 1, 1978 – March 14, 2012

**May**
Stephen (Betty: Hotrod) March 4, 1966 – May 6, 2007
**June**
Trista Mae, (Shannon: Trista's_Mom) June 21, 1995 – June 1, 2013
Cara (Lora: Cara’s Mom) November 11, 1993 - June 13, 2012
David (Davey) ?? - June 14, 2003; Lisa K. ?? - November 15, 1970 (Sherry: daveydow1)
Brian (Colleen: shorty16) July 12, 1991 – June 19, 2008
**July**
Forest (Gretchen: Forest’s Mom) ?? - July 3, 2011
Brianna (Jenn) September 22, 1993 – July 5, 2009
Erica (Dee: Ericasmom) April 4, 1984 - July 14, 2003
Meagan (Jan: mybeautifulgirl) ?? - July 2013
**August**
John David (Susan: Mermaid Tears) March 10, 1970 - August 3, 2012
Lane (Wanda: lovU2themoom) July 18 1996 - August 9, 2013
**September**
Brooks (Wade: Wgreenlee) May 18, 1989 - September 9, 2013
Sam (Debbie - SamsDMom) ?? – September 21, 2013
**October**
Jared (Becky: JD’s Mom) April 23, 1996 - October 3, 2011
Jesse (Laurie: JesseDavidsMom) August 2, 1984 – October 10, 2012
Mike (Carol: mikesmomrs) August 20, 1975 - October 14, 2006
**November**
Steve (Mary Ann: Steves Mom) July 17, 1982 – November 14, 2011
Nick (Ted: Tbearw58) March 23, 1987 – November 14, 2013
Lisa K. ?? - Nov. 15, 1970; David (Davey) ?? - June 14, 2003 (Sherry: daveydow1)
**December**
Jeff (Kate) July 16, 1981 – December 12, 2009

Jessica (Kathy: summergirl)

• Members

I'm very excited. I just got off the phone with Dennis Apple. He and his wife will meet with my husband and I next time we are home. He is such a nice man. He told me about losing their son. It will be such a relief to actually sit face to face with someone who has been through this. Most of all I'm hoping that my husband will learn about my journey. Maybe he will listen to someone else and know that I'm not crazy and I can't just pull my head out and be over "it"

Laurie,

Thank you so much. And thank you for compiling the list.

Debbie

• Members

Greg, so nice to hear from you again. Your grandaughter is lovely. I remember you shared a video last Christmas of her piano recital. She is such a talented young woman. I am sure you are bursting with pride.

Debbie, I think that's great that you will be able to meet with another couple that understand how you are feeling.

Laurie, thanks again for the list. I know it will prove helpful to all of us as our memories are not the best at this time.

Susan, I am pleased to read that your golden girl is at least more stable now that she has been moved to another hospital. Yes, it does give one reason to pause and reflect on our own lives. She is lucky to have such a caring and devoted friend in you.

Dee, my goodness you could take an award for your plants. Your husband is quite the gardener! The Indian Paintbrush is so beautiful. I love how vibrant the leaves are. Such a lovely shade of green. What zone do they grow in? We are 3B...which means we need fairly hardy plants that withstand the cold winters.

Shannon, you are definitely not mean. I find that some days can wear thin as we try to adjust our lives to this "new us". I find that I tire easily these days and have little to no tolerance for trivial stuff.

Well, it rained cats and dogs last night for a full three and a half hours. I am talking the torrential downpour type of rain. I could not sleep and found myself watching the clock waiting for it to end. I actually began to think of Noah and how awful it must have been to hear rain coming down for ions. The water was up to my ankles this morning on our patio and by my honeysuckle vine. The mosquitoes are brutal. This has to be the worst year that I can ever remember for unsettled weather. Totally out of the norm for us at this time of year. Global warming my foot! I had to turn the heat on last night. If this keeps up there will be a mass exodus to warmer climes.

Not sure if you noticed the picture of Ross carrying the pail as he was gathering the lake water for the flowers. I'm guessing we are off the hook for at least a full week as far as watering is concerned. The weather man should go into hiding if he values his life! With Canada Day fast approaching it had better warm up pronto.

Have a good evening everyone. Love, Kate

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Oh Laurie.....a big Texas hug....applause....and a heart of gratitude for all you have done for us on this site...you have shared so much 'literature....knowledge....and your caring heart'......

John David's Birthday...March 10th, 1970.....now we can copy that and make sure the parents will know that ..someone...somewhere...remembers...

Debbie....I don't know who the guy is..Dennis Apple...but if you are excited....so are we....it is a good feeling to find kindred spirits in human form...instead of internet form.....

Kate....I so wish we could have had some of that rain...we had a severe drought 3 years ago...it was very devastating..I remember my Grandparents talking about the one in the early 50's.....

here in Brenham...we have no problem with mosquitoes....we have them...but not bad....we keep fans blowing on our back patio....and that keeps them away.....just put some fans out around your deck/patio.....as for walking in the woods...ouch...they will get you there....

Daniel has some friends that are going to Alaska....he did some research...and they are going when and where the mosquitoes are very bad.....so....he is not going on that trip....

• Members

Laurie, thanks so much for the list. I really appreciate the orderliness of this. I am the most non-linear person I know so this helps a ton.

Kate, the Indian Paintbrush is at least a zone 5 because that is what we are but it may go colder. Don't know its latin name but I will look into it.

We are having a rain storm of huge proportion, again. We have had rain in giant amounts every day for 5 days. And several the week before. The yard is flooding as we speak here, the rain just appeared on radar while we watched the news, I said, oh look the sun is gone, looks like more rain...Boom rain bouncing off the driveway, tornado sirens went off, just buckets of rain. The streets are filling due to so much already in the sewer systems. Last night I woke to a sound, it was the extremely hard rain hitting the windows and roof. I just hope that it will be a nice partly sunny no rain day on Eri-fest day, July 13th. Selfishly this is what I wish, on a more global front however, we look at towns in California who will be out of water soon, OUT OF WATER! We need to look at the happenings around our globe and make changes now, every scinetist involved in trying to save the species and the lands say the same thing, we must quit putting florocarbons in the air, we must stop the extreme pollution to continue, we must develop and use the technology to drive battery operated cars...we have to put a halt on the way of life we grew up with so that we can deliver something fresher and healthier for our Grandies.

• Members

Castilleja is the name to look up though lots of info comes up with simply; Indian paintbrush plant. THere are many kinds and I do believe the range is quite wide, one blooming in Alaska.

• Members

Dee-----Thanks for the lovely flower pics. I've been trying & trying

to organize all my pictures in photo gallery.......ARrrrggggh.  What a

job, and I'm just bumbling along. Maybe I'll get it done someday. :( 

sometimes I think the "old" way  (putting pictures in a regular album)

is better. -_- 

Greg-----

Hey...glad to see you.  Been wondering how you are. Thanks

for the pic of Brian's daughter....age 15 .......already???  She's  so pretty.

Pressed for time right now.  Wishing everyone a good night's rest and tranquility.

Davey&Lisasmom,   Sherry 

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Kate, Susan, Dee and others, you're welcome...I am grateful to all that post here...

Wade, thank you for sharing the writing piece the other night...I love the stained glass ball...

Debbie, hopefully your time goes well with Dennis Apple, he is a very seasoned grief counsellor...

Dee, I think your grand daughter might be 2 months younger than my grandson, he was born in February of 2013...and the gardens look lovely...

Sandy, good to see your post...it is amazing how many duties you have and the grace by which you accomplish these necessary tasks. How is the new dog?

Greg, thank you for sharing the picture of Brian's daughter...I too remember the video you posted of  her playing the piano...

Carol, thinking of you tonight and your daughter...how is she doing?

Shannon, you did not sound mean at all...it is hard to listen to trivial complaints from others and / or gossip after Jesse's passing....we have a different perspective of what is important and what is not..."in light of eternity", is now my measuring stick...

Wishing everyone a peaceful evening and dreams of comfort...

post-312988-0-09513700-1403659961_thumb.

• Members

I have been reading and have things I do want to share and plan to be back later. I just wanted to say I hope I didn't offend anyone with my comment about a face to face meeting. You all have saved my life. I have been at another very low point the last few days. I have known that I need professional help. Reverand Apple and his wife lost their son 19 years ago. They have written a book and he is a grief counselor. They have agreed to meet with me (us ) when we get home. They live in Olathe Ks. Which is where we are based out of. He was so kind today and talking to him was very comforting. They are attending the Compassionate Friends Conference in Chicago so I hope to catch them before they leave.

Anyway I just wanted to say I hope I didn't sound ungrateful, our unappreciative before

Thanks

Debbie

• Members

Only a short time to post, but wanted to show these two pictures.  One of Brooks' close friends named his son, born yesterday, after Brooks...

Brooks Axel Cook  6-23-14

I know you're smiling son...you would have been right by Farron and Michelle's side the whole night...love you so much for that.

Brooks Axel Cook 6 23 14

Farron And baby Brooks 6 23 14

• Members

God Bless Brooks Axel Cook Wade- he is beautiful and i do believe that Brooks was right there in the delivery with him, grinning and holding him and patting his buddy on the back. That Baby has a great name and is named in great love by his parents.

Yes Laurie, our Girl was born in April.

Sherry, I do agree, I still love going through photos with my hands, tactile. Plus when a photo is sideways I see it right away, but on the screen, not so much. Oh well. I am bumbling along right beside you.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Wade.....we celebrate the birth of that fine...fine boy...Brooks Axel Cook.....

my Grampa use to say....'this is a good day for the baby to be born'....or something like that....

it is good to have some 'joy' come into your and Renea's life now....and what better way than to have that little hand to lead you ....

We had a real surprise in Wyatt John being born...in December of 2012....(one of those..'we can't believe we are pregnant')...but....what a blessing to have that 'new little man' ....he can even say 'Nonnie' now...

Debbie....the way I see it is this way.....

DO whatever you can to bring yourself some 'relief'....go where some sun can break through the black clouds...and talk to anyone that can bring you some comfort and compassion...

you have had so many bad winds from so many directions to hit you....and many on this site has worried about you...

I am very adamant about following your instinct on what will bring you some balance.

Sandy....you are spread so thin....and I wish that you could 'cocoon'....I do hope you remember to 'self care'...and you simply have to put yourself 'first' sometimes....for in 'caretaking'....that is the most stressful job ever.....I understand that you go to work...and then come home and care for your husband....(you have someone with him while you are at work)....

and you have your grief....it is an endless cycle. We are here to hear you. Please...take care. Many on this site wish we could give you more than words.