Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Other Issues dear to our hearts...not mundane

KayC

• Moderators

I avoid hospitals like the plague.
I was attacked by my neighbor's dog last night, took them some homemade bread I made them for Christmas and they'd forgot to shut their gate so when they let him outside, he made a beeline for me, knocked me down, bit my arm up pretty good, my knees are bruised.  I was pretty thankful he didn't go for my face.  They thought I got bloodied from falling, umm, no, your dog bit me pretty badly.  I don't get bloodied up like that from falling. It's pretty swollen today, hurts like the dickens.  Can't use it for anything.  Ought to be fun getting firewood in and shoveling snow this month.  And hell no I didn't want to go to urgent care, a very long drive away, nope.  Just have to heal and I figure it'll take at least  a month.

• Sad 6
  • Hugs 2

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• widower2

• RichS

• Boggled

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Neosporin.  Triple antibiotic.  Some kind of antibiotic!!

So sorry this happened to you, good grief.

• Like 2

• Members
1 hour ago, KayC said:

And hell no I didn't want to go to urgent care, a very long drive away, nope.  Just have to heal and I figure it'll take at least  a month.

Back 150 years ago, the medical care was primitive compared to these days, but at least the good ol' country doctors made HOUSE CALLS..........Hope that everything heals better each day.

• Like 4

• Moderators

I tried to go to urgent care in Springfield, about 1 1/4 hours away, they wouldn't take me "because it's Christmas."  Same thing with ER in Cottage Grove.  I told them I'm sorry a dog bit me at Christmas. Then I came home to a message from Iris questioning my motives about why I'd feel the need to go to urgent care.  WTH!  She hasn't seen the wounds which go all the way around my arm as well as my knees. 😡  I don't feel the need to answer her. Everyone at church thought I should.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators

Police don't have jurisdiction and sherriffs cover from here to the coast...when I had a stalker they wouldn't come and when a lady had three dangerous dogs loose/threatening, animal control wouldn't come out.  Seems they want our license $ w/o providing any service for it.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

• Moderators

No it's my neighbor's across the street, there's a lot of trauma in there, nothing that won't heal. Thankful there's no snow.  I was a little p_ssed at what Iris said last night though, we're at a dinner and she made me move so MaryLee could sit there (across from her) as "she has a broken toe."  I've had three broken toes, my knees hurt way more, it's hard to walk.  Why discount what I'm going through!  She can really p_ss me off. 😡

• Sad 3
  • Hugs 3

• Members

Where I live that dog would already have been put down. We live remote farming community and no one puts up with aggressive animals of any kind. They are a danger to people and livestock best to be done with them.

I am sorry you have to suffer.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
On 12/24/2023 at 6:15 AM, KayC said:

I was attacked by my neighbor's dog last night, took them some homemade bread I made them for Christmas and they'd forgot to shut their gate so when they let him outside

they FORGOT TO SHUT THEIR GATE.   And they have a vicious dog.    

We had a neighbor with a dog the same way they always trained their dogs, to be vicious to "outsiders," BUT they were always really careful to keep their fences strong, and their gate was ALWAYS closed.  Even so, the way that dog would lunge at me when I had to get near their fence to get the mail, I was seriously considering carrying a long sharp knife so IF he got loose somehow, and started biting me, he'd be SORRY.  Maybe dead.  No remorse from me.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
On 12/24/2023 at 4:47 PM, KayC said:

I tried to go to urgent care in Springfield, about 1 1/4 hours away, they wouldn't take me "because it's Christmas."  Same thing with ER in Cottage Grove.

WTH?? I would report them to AMA and any other authoritative source I could think of. What part of "ER" don't they understand?? 

I told them I'm sorry a dog bit me at Christmas. Then I came home to a message from Iris questioning my motives about why I'd feel the need to go to urgent care.  WTH!  

Now I'm hearkening back to my baseball bat analogy...i.e. have someone hit her in the head with a baseball bat repeatedly and then go "?? What? Why do you feel a need to go to urgent care?" 

11 hours ago, shawnt said:

Where I live that dog would already have been put down. We live remote farming community and no one puts up with aggressive animals of any kind. They are a danger to people and livestock best to be done with them.

I'm glad I don't live in such an area, frankly. This is on the owner, NOT the dog. There's the real danger. The owner should be put down. Or at least in jail. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

How I feel, but having dealt with the humane society before regarding a lady that had been reported repeatedly for a few years, that HAD bitten, they did NOTHING about it.  I went through hell for nothing.

• Sad 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I don't mean the humane society, I mean the police and/or other state/local authorities.

• Moderators

We are out of the city limits so it's sherriffs not police and they cover a vast area and don't come out.  I had a stalker that was scary once and the sherriff never did come out!  This neighbor took care of it though.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

• Moderators

Yes, he's been wonderful in everything but this...I think he may be embarrassed, not sure.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I woke up to NO WATER this morning! Don't know if I need a new pump or well or what. Pump Tec didn't trip. Temp 30 so not enough to freeze.  We're in the middle of a storm. Tank empty.  Maybe start with pump people?  No warning. I flushed the toilet and not enough water for it to fill back up. Faucet: nothing.  Makes me want to just give up. :( 

• Sad 7
  • Hugs 1

• Members
immortalgypsy

I’m so sorry. I know nothing about any of that. Sending you love and strength today Kay.

• Like 3

• Members
1 hour ago, KayC said:

I flushed the toilet and not enough water for it to fill back up

Got any buckets?  any spouts of rain coming off your roof?  at least a bucket of water should oughtta fill up the tank ... 

• Like 3

• Members
2 hours ago, KayC said:

Maybe start with pump people?  No warning. I flushed the toilet and not enough water for it to fill back up. Faucet: nothing.  Makes me want to just give up.

Pump people might be a good start. Who manages the water utilities in your area? That might be another source. Sorry that you've had a rough few weeks. Prayers are with you.

• Like 4

• Moderators

No water in this area, on a well.  Turns out Pump Tech shows it tripped yet it's on, never had that happen before. Maybe the pump just went out.  Hoping to get someone today, if not I'm in trouble with this storm coming in.  

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
widower2

ugh, hope it gets fixed soon Kay!  

• Like 3

• Moderators

The pump is in the well.  Needs replaced, also electrical replaced, wiring will have to wait for winteru to be over.  Already in for over $6,000...

• Sad 4
  • Hugs 1

• Members
50 minutes ago, KayC said:

Sometimes it can feel that way (never ending)!

You've been through a lot, Kay. Sometimes we all feel like the little Dutch boy plugging a hole in the dike. You plug one hole and another one springs up.

51 minutes ago, KayC said:

If my husband was still here it would FEEL so much better, maybe no easier but when it's trouble shared, it feels more manageable. 

I know the feeling...............Doing my chores PLUS what Chris used to do can be overwhelming some days. From time to time, what comes to mind is some Southwest Airlines commercials from a couple of years ago (WANNA GET AWAY?). God doesn't give us more than we can handle. To which Mother Theresa once said, "I wish he didn't have so much faith in me!"

• Haha 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

And inbetween getting sick and the dogbite my son and granddaughter came over to move the family beds, a humongous task!  Headboards and drawers filled with stuff, they hadn't been taken apart and moved for nearlyt 40 years!  It was a tremendous undertaking and my son did it by himself, I assisted by helping move the smaller pieced of wood, cooking, doing dishes, tending my granddaughter, vacuuming/vacuuming/vacuuming!  It clogged up my cleaner which I dealt with later.  I'd love having them under any other circumstances, but we got through it.  I just wish I was a grown man so I could have helped him instead of an old lady with 10% strength and dog bites from wrist to elbow.  He went home (three hours away) and put one of the beds together and the next day repaired the other and assembled it.  The kids are so happy to get them!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

KayC, I hope you're healing well and staying strong through all your trials. I agree, having your husband with you made troubles so much more manageable. I always relied on my husband for plumbing repairs, computer issues (oh, that reminds me, the night he died I shut down his computer and it crashed and now won't stay on so I have to call the Geek Squad from 80 miles away to repair it). He was always calm and able to solve problems. I panic and go crazy.

• Like 2

• Members
5 minutes ago, widower2 said:

My mom just passed so may be spotty as far as being around for awhile. 

Oh I am so sorry. Even when it's expected, it just hurts so much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Members
Rey Dominguez Jr
4 hours ago, widower2 said:

My mom just passed

So very sorry.  

• Like 1

• Members
9 hours ago, widower2 said:

Oh no, my condolences widower2. I am very sorry. 

• Like 1

• Members

widower2:  So very sorry for your mom's passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It goes without saying that this board is here to comfort you.

• Like 4

• Moderators
18 hours ago, widower2 said:

I am so sorry to hear it.  Our condolences.  We can expect it sometimes but still it's never easy, ten years since I lost mine.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
immortalgypsy
22 hours ago, widower2 said:

I am so very sorry. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

I am very upset.  Most of you know I've been an administrator for a large diabetic group for some time.

I am blown away.  The other administrator took away my being an admin and invited me to be a moderator because some other group got hacked.  He didn't even talk to me first!  I am so upset!  I have never been hacked and it takes someone with a lot of computer knowledge to hack, most people who CALL it hacking, it's actually a clone.  I have never been hacked.  He doesn't even understand what I'm talking about!  I said, "So you don't feel you could have handled this better?!"  I went into the group and saw my title gone, that's how I found out.
Then he tried to say he tried to get a hold of me, that's BS!  I said I caught the call before you hung up!!!  I've been home for hours!  You didn't try to call!
I ended by saying "So you needed me when you went in for surgery, now you don't.  I get it."  He curtly got off the phone then.  Like I am the hard to get along with one!
It blows me away.  And he doesn't think he's done anything amiss.

shake head.gif

• Sad 4
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Griefsucks810
37 minutes ago, KayC said:

I am very upset.  Most of you know I've been an administrator for a large diabetic group for some time.

I am blown away.  The other administrator took away my being an admin and invited me to be a moderator because some other group got hacked.  He didn't even talk to me first!  I am so upset!  I have never been hacked and it takes someone with a lot of computer knowledge to hack, most people who CALL it hacking, it's actually a clone.  I have never been hacked.  He doesn't even understand what I'm talking about!  I said, "So you don't feel you could have handled this better?!"  I went into the group and saw my title gone, that's how I found out.
Then he tried to say he tried to get a hold of me, that's BS!  I said I caught the call before you hung up!!!  I've been home for hours!  You didn't try to call!
I ended by saying "So you needed me when you went in for surgery, now you don't.  I get it."  He curtly got off the phone then.  Like I am the hard to get along with one!
It blows me away.  And he doesn't think he's done anything amiss.

shake head.gif

The other administrator handled this situation unprofessionally. What I don’t understand is how stripping you of your admin title has to do with some other group  who got hacked. He sounds rude to me.  

On 1/17/2024 at 8:44 PM, immortalgypsy said:

I am so very sorry. 

Sorry for the loss of your mother.  May her soul Rest In Peace.

• Like 2