Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Other Issues dear to our hearts...not mundane

KayC

• Moderators

Kodie seems to have another inverted eye and will need surgery on it asap.  It can cause blindness and pain if let go.  He had his other eye done 6/1.  It's a good thing I didn't breed him, as this is congenital.  His breeder didn't know anything, it was his first litter.  I still would have wanted him regardless.  It's supposed to snow Friday so hoping he can get it Thursday.

Snow coming Friday. I can get a ride if it snows for the recheck but not likely for the surgery as it'll be all day.

Not feeling like Christmas this year.  Not feeling up to my son coming and disrupting our nest here, not right now...my whole focus needs to be on Kodie at this time.  Can't we just skip everything else?

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 4

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• widower2

• RichS

• Boggled

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I called the vet promptly at 8, held quite a while, got disconnected.  Called again, was told the surgeon or receptionist would call me back, nope!  Doesn't look like it'll be today, possibly not this week.  Snow coming Friday on...

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, ThereIsAField said:

My cat had this too and had to be operated too.

Wow, I never knew anyone else that went through it!  

It was very hard going through it the first time (the two week recovery with the cone), he wants to do his business in the bushes but can't smell with the cone on, so held it and then let it out on the couch after 36 hours...it was a disaster. Someone here told me about a products that neutralizes/cleans it up so I'm glad to have that this time.  My friend told me to take the cone off during short walks so he can do his business, that helped, but the first 36 hours he was affected by anesthesia, couldn't walk, was dazed.  Ugh, not looking forward to this again!

And of course dealing with shoveling snow and hauling firewood will make this harder this time, no more June weather!

Iris told me to let him play with Jazzy with his cone on...is she out of her ever lovin' mind?!!!  NOT HAPPENING!  Jazzy is much too rough, he needs two weeks healing and signed off on by the doctor before he's ready for play, and even then I'll be nervous!

Leaving at 6 am, will have to load the fire early.  No idea where I'll hang out while I wait, I don't eat breakfast and nothing else is open.  Since it's out of town, I can't just go home and wait for a call.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
1 hour ago, ThereIsAField said:

wow?!  I didn't know there were "cone alternatives."  If they would work to prevent him scratching his eye, might help???  Amazon also has dog sunglasses and goggles, not many even with reviews, though, and he'd probly just get them off?

I don't know what or how to help you, KayC, but know I'll (and probably "we'll") be thinking of you ... tomorrow?  Wednesday is appointment?  Just sent a prayer northwest for you.   

• Like 4

• Moderators

Yes it's tomorrow.  And I think the Elizabethian collar would work better for say neutering than eye surgery, they can reach around it to the eye.

• Like 3

• Moderators

This morning it is...have to leave at 6 am, was going to take him to the park on the way but will see if the rest area is open, park will still be closed.  Not looking forward to any of this.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Thank you, nervous about post-op, last time was horrific the first 2-3 days, his anesthesia really had him out of it!

• Hugs 2

• Members

So sorry Kay that Kodie have to do this surgery! Hope everything will be right...povero piccolo💕

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Kay, that's so good to hear.  Yay for Kodie and for you.

• Like 4

• Members

Kay, 

I am so happy for you and Kodie. Praying that the ointment solves the problem!  So glad the vet took the time to re-confirm the need for the surgery before doing it. 

So very happy with this outcome.

• Like 3

• Members

Well not literally, I hope. 

So sorry this plague has got you. It is so hard being alone and sick, because everything still has to get done. There is no one else to do it.

Hugs to you and strength to get through it.  Glad you are not having to deal with Kodie as a post surgery patient. 

Get well soon.

• Like 2

• Members
2 hours ago, KayC said:

Got sicker throughout the day, voice went, canceled my son & granddaughter coming

Seems to me ... good move!   Don't forget the Vitamin C!  and zinc, if you have it.  Just my opinion.    searching online, could be something they're calling RSV, spread by ... for one thing, coughs from other people.

Great news for you and Kodie though, about no inverted eyelid?!  man.    And hope the ointment works.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Boggled said:

could be something they're calling RSV

Don't have the symptoms,, no fever, runny nose, or wheezing...doesn't affect my lungs.  No worse headache than I got with my concussion Halloween, it's very slight and sporadic now.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Kay,

RSV really knocked me for a loop. I was sick 3+ weeks with it. 

I'm glad you don't have that.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Sim7079 said:

Yeah sometimes you have to let them have it😂

I kind of felt like I did just that yesterday with my incredulous look of amazement and calling her out on it!  I used to visit with Mike (Iris' husband) on the patio while the dogs played, I enjoyed that...while she took a nap.  Now everything has changed with him dying and her unbelievable behavior!  I committed to being there for her through her cancer, cleaning her kitchen & dishes, even cleaning drawers of mouse droppings!  Okay, cancer is done.  She wants to head to Mexico, good.  

Her plans change from day to day.  Can't count on anything

10 hours ago, foreverhis said:

I know it would/will be hard for Kodie and Jazzy too, but this is just too much.  Iris's selfish, self-centered behavior, her disregard for your needs and health, and what seems to be a one-sided relationship are taking too high a toll on you, IMO.

I agree.

• Like 4

• Moderators
15 hours ago, RichS said:

Next spring, drive her to the Mexican border, yourself...........................you'll feel better for it. If they want to swap her for an illegal, fair enough.............

Loved this!  :D

• Like 2

• Moderators

Okay, the latest:
The latest: She called and is bringing me butternut squash soup. I told her I made soup yesterday, Butternut squash is too high in carbs for my Diabetes (1/2 cup...hardly a meal...11 carbs!).  Her answer? She'll bring it tomorrow!  WTH?! What will change from today to tomorrow?!  Will feed to Kodie.  Oh Lord...she is still saying this is due to the backburn we had Thursday...but she had this TUESDAY and the air quality is ZERO!

shake head.gif

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Rich, I thought the same thing!  Although Kodie will like it...in small doses...

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Tested negative for Covid.  Doesn't make any difference as I'm not exposing anyone, but took it to please everyone at church.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Okay, not trivial, but scary...in October I went to my dermatologist, she froze something, it fell off a week or two later...it grew back all of a SUDDEN, it is scary to me how fast!  I've been trying to reach someone at their center and wthey don't answer or call back.  Snow is coming in this week, I need to get this biopsied!

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Got a msg, they can't get me in for a month, I called back and asked if they get a cancellation to please let me know!

Oh and my DIL emailed me that her parents aren't up to hosting Christmas on the 23rd.  :(

• Sad 4

• Members

@KayC Oh no! How scary! Did you talk to someone in scheduling or your doctor’s nurse? A month out seems like a long time to me. I usually talk to my doctor’s nurse  with any concerns or issues. 

Sorry to hear about your Christmas plans being canceled:( 

• Like 1

• Members

Please let us know how you are, Kay!  This is concerning!  I hope you are not spending Christmas in the hospital! ❤️

• Like 4