Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Never felt so alone

KayC

• Moderators

Okay, this is when you need your spouse.  I got the worst burn of my life!  Palm and fingers, it burns like hell, no relief, icing it, but it's bad.

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• John9

• Gail 8588

• foreverhis

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh no Kay, that is terrible.  You may need to see a doctor on this. Burns can be very bad.  

I agree, when you are injured or ill, it is so hard to be without your soulmate.  

I am so sorry you are hurt.  I do think icing it is the right thing to do. 

Take advil and tylenol together for pain relief if you don't have stronger pain medication at home.  

Hugs. 

Gail

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Kay, it's my understanding that cool compresses are better than ice for long-term burn relief.  Are you getting mail?  I'd like to send you a box of some really great burn relief pads or possibly a gel we've used in the past that have helped a lot.

I'm so sorry you have another literal pain and problem with your hands!  Gail is right, of course, if it's really bad, you may need to go to the doctor or urgent care so it doesn't get infected.

If you can take the combo, Gail is right on about advil-tylenol together.  My doctor lets me do that to help reduce the amount of my prescription pain med, as long as I watch how much tylenol I take and have food when I take the combination.

I will pray for you too, of course.((HUGS))

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

KayC,

I'm sorry that you are dealing with so much right now. And yes it really hurts when you are injured and have nobody there to support you. Not that it is easier when you aren't injured to be alone. I know that won't help shovel the snow and bring in firewood. Is it possible that you could use a sled, if you have one to transport the firewood, a little at a time. Or is there any chance someone can help you once or twice a week bring in wood. I think about you often and am sorry I can't help you or anyone with the issues you are dealing with other than offer support. Take care, John

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

I use the wheelbarrow, it works as well as a sled would.  It seriously hurts like the dickens.  I had Kodie on his leash and he shook his head vigorously attached to my hand (I was unhooking him), OMG it took my breath away~!  Worrying the blisters will pop...

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

KayC,

I am sorry you have that pain. I do understand how some pains can really almost take you to your knees. Not comparing pain, but my shoulder was and is bothering me and when I reach too far, I let out an involuntary scream because it hurts so much. I hope the wheelbarrow keeps working, I was just thinking a sled would be a on handed solution and might slide easier. John

• Like 1

• Moderators

You know, this thread suits my situation no matter what situation I'm in it seems.

Yesterday toilet was stuck for hours running, I didn't know it until there was no water.  Unstuck toilet, checked pump tec, it was on (I'm on a well), took Kodie for a walk and placed a call to my son, he explained why no hot water when cold was used up, it needs the cold to replace the hot that's in the tank so if there's no cold, there's no hot either.  Came home and pump tec off, finally got water back, was so relieved!  The pump tec saved my well/pump!  First thing George bought right after our honeymoon!  Thanking him!

Dish network coming to replace my 13 year old receiver with a hopper, receiver just isn't working anymore.  Have to wait around all day so it'll be a hard day for Kodie.

Found out Kodie's vet appt Wed. isn't until 2:10, ugh, thought it was 1, have to go to town and get groceries then head over to the vet at Pleasant Hill, by the time we get home and I put the groceries away it'll be 5 when he gets his play date so dinner will be late.

Yes I do feel so alone in this, no one to even talk to.  Since I haven't been at church except Christmas in the last month since I burned my hand so horribly (yes it's still healing) only once did someone reached out to me and that was 3 weeks ago.  I feel invisible to all.

• Hugs 4

• Members
3 hours ago, KayC said:

Yes I do feel so alone in this, no one to even talk to.  Since I haven't been at church except Christmas in the last month since I burned my hand so horribly (yes it's still healing) only once did someone reached out to me and that was 3 weeks ago.  I feel invisible to all.

KayC,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this. However I do understand how it can seem like nobody sees us anymore. I hope that your hand heals and you are able to get Kodie to his Vet appointment and that the rest of your day is smooth. And I hope you finally resolve the issue with the receiver, I know it can be frustrating when things that worked suddenly don't. Also hope that the issue with the plumbing is resolved as well. Take care, John

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

It's been one of those weeks and this morning is only Wed.  
Re: Dish, this will take me forever to learn!  It's so complicated and makes no earthly sense!  If I could find rhyme or reason...

First they said 8-noon, then 8:45, then 9:30, then 10:30, showed at 11:05.  He was supposed to show me how to use it, nope, in and out, 15 min.  Took me calling them five times, an hour each time (holding, screaming at AI, etc.) :D  Got through it, so nothing recorded, can't find how to do anything.  I'm feeling my age!  My son had the old one set up with my stereo so you heard the tv through the stereo speakers, nope, this one doesn't have a way to connect.  I will miss my old one and everything about it
My May is looking full of doctor's appts, ugh!  
If I ever have the plumber out for anything again I need to have him look at the toilet to use up some of their minimum fee!
Today groceries in town and vet appt in another town, will be gone from 11 on, back late.  Good thing is I found six months Nexgard for $88, much less than what the vet would charge, so bought on site (eBay), remembered to make sure it's in US continent not a slow boat from China.
Anyone know why sometimes typing is one color and sometimes another, no rhyme or reason?
I just need to remember to make sure the toilet doesn't get stuck, it's the one time a year your don't check...
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
8 hours ago, KayC said:

Re: Dish, this will take me forever to learn!  It's so complicated and makes no earthly sense!  If I could find rhyme or reason...

KayC,

My late loving wife and I both hated when we were "forced" to update any of the boxes. And mostly because of what you said, not rhyme or reason to the "upgrades". I have for years said that just because someone decides to make an update, it isn't always better or needed. I hope you are able to figure out how to do what you want and need to do with the box. Hopefully your "day out" with Kodie goes well, I know it is a Vet appointment. Hope you are doing better with the hand. Take care, John

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

They gave him two shots, said I have to bring him back in April for physical and worming, sigh.  Hope we aren't in the middle of a snow storm then.  Why do they always want you to come in during winter!

I watched a show last night and it took me an hour to figure out how to delete it!  The old one gave you that on the menu when you were done, not this one!  I have no idea how I got to the place I eventually found so didn't learn anything!  :wacko:

• Hugs 2

• Members
8 hours ago, KayC said:

I watched a show last night and it took me an hour to figure out how to delete it!  The old one gave you that on the menu when you were done, not this one!  I have no idea how I got to the place I eventually found so didn't learn anything!  :wacko:

KayC,

Sadly, all I could say would be to maybe google the box model number or check YouTube. I would guess that the Vet, just doesn't fully understand that not everyone is able to jump through the "hoops" that they would like. I don't want to say it is all about money, but my late loving wife did really hate some of the things that her work tried to do as far as clients and return visits. She lost many of her grooming clients because of the rules that the Clinic instituted. And it hurt because she had spent years building the clientele and was paid based on her client list. And yes I hope the weather is good when any of your appointments are due. Take care, John

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Well I've found after you watch something you have to go to another place to delete it...the old one brought up a menu with delete right after watching it, was so much easier.  It doesn't indicate when you are done unless/until you go to that other place and the "delete" option isn't there.  Nerve-wracking.

• Hugs 2

• Members

Kay, 

You are way ahead of me. I have never deleted anything from my TV library. I don't have any idea how to do it.  So, you are a tech expert to me. 🙂

Gail 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

It's horrid, I hate the hopper.  The old receiver was so much better, more streamlined, easier to read the guide, etc.

• Hugs 2