Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Can you stop the sadness?

TheHurtingHeart

• Members
TheHurtingHeart

This isn't my first time dealing with death. I'm 52 and I've had friends and relatives pass before but this is my first parent to pass,  my dad, and then a week later a dear friend. I have support. There are many people I can reach out to if I choose. It's this constant sadness I'm feeling that is getting to me. It feels like endless sadness with no hope. I'm not sure what to do to turn it around. I want to do nothing more than lay in bed and sleep away the time. This is all still relevantly new. Dad passed 12/18/21 & my friend  12/27/21. We're in a horrible winter storm the last 2 weeks here where I live so staying at home has not been a problem. I've gone to visit my mom when the roads allow and stay in constant contact with her by phone. I  can stay chipper with her, other relatives and friends but it's a complete act. I'm lying through my teeth it seems. When not having to encounter others I sleep, a lot. I'm sad. And I cry. I'm sad for these two not being here anymore. I'm sad about how I feel in losing them and feelingthe way I do about it. It's a weird loneliness I've never felt before, especially since I could have handfuls of people around me if I wanted. But I want to be left alone. I just want to go back to normal and not feel sad. Not to need so much sleep. What do I need to do? How do I turn this around? Help, please. Thank you.  

Important Information

This site uses cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. and uses these terms of services Terms of Use.