Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dreams

Roxeanne

• Members
53 minutes ago, tnd said:

Seems the "good" dreams happen a little later for some of us. Do not despair. All of this, our grief, our anger, sadness and even dreams are part of the long journey and process we have to work through. It'll happen. Keep on having good thoughts about him. 

This is good to hear. The couple of vivid dreams that I've had with Tom in them were both sad scenarios where he was there at the start but then he drifted off into the crowd where eventually, I couldn't see him.  Though the message of the dreams make sense, I'd rather there be one that gives me some needed closeness with him again. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
9 minutes ago, DWS said:

I'd rather there be one that gives me some needed closeness with him again. 

I don't doubt that you will have happier dreams. They may not be exactly how you wish but there never was a genie in the bottle. I suppose if you think hard and long enough a person could form the dream they want but really, wouldn't it be more meaningful if it were to happen spontaneously and be a welcomed surprise? That's how mine happened. I stopped thinking so much about dreaming and then it happened. I wait for it. Meanwhile, I still picture his smile, (it is almost childlike) and hear his laughter in my head. I hear his voice and feel his breath in my ears. With or without him in my dreams..

• Like 2

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Dragonfly999 said:

But then shortly after I went out on the deck and there was the biggest spider ever lying dead on the seat cushion where I sit.

Wow.  Maybe he's letting you know he's still with you. 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, DWS said:

This is good to hear.

The first dream I had was a year after he died, I couldn't understand why I wasn't getting them, we were everything to each other, were always together except at work.  It was hard waking up and being slammed with his being gone all over again.

I believe his spirit still lives, no doubt in my mind.  We will be together again.

• Like 2

• Members
CharliesM0m2012

Memorial Jewellery Stolen 

So this has to be the worst, lowest part of the journey so far + a reflection of how desperate people are in the inflation stricken UK.

I ordered a piece of silver “memorial jewellery,” a bangle with Charlie’s paw print + name engraved onto a charm;  ordered 12 days ago but if the shipping info is right, I should be wearing it by now.  I’ve ordered stuff online before and it’s come OK but sometimes we have a rather dodgy looking character for a post man, tbh I wouldn’t trust this particular postman with a pizza leaflet!  I am 100% certain the item was stolen by this post man character.   

Even if the item is recovered, or I get a refund, nothing will bring my Charlie back.  I would trade every nice accessory I have, every material possession, just to have 5 minutes over Rainbow bridge with her.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Dragonfly999

I commented previously having just had a dream where my husband called me one of his pet names for me, Angel. When I went out yesterday someone had graffitied the single word “Angel” on the highway overpass sign by our house. I just can’t believe that’s coincidence.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
21 hours ago, CharliesM0m2012 said:

I am 100% certain the item was stolen by this post man character.   

I am so sorry it went missing, but if you report it to the company that you still haven't received it and report it missing to the post office, they should be able to replace it.  The post office needs to be aware it's missing!  I signed up for Informed Delivery and can report things missing there, or you can go to the post office or even call them.  They can question the mailman and maybe someone in sorting (locally) remembers seeing it.  The sooner the better.  I have memorial jewelry for Arlie too, I ordered a custom made bracelet in his memory from a friend who makes them and I can really relate to how you must be feeling.  :( :wub:

8 hours ago, Dragonfly999 said:

I just can’t believe that’s coincidence.

I'm with you on feeling this! 

• Like 1

• Members
10 hours ago, Dragonfly999 said:

I just can’t believe that’s coincidence.

YES! If that's not a sign, I don't know what is. How wonderful! My husband didn't believe in coincidences and  neither do I. 

• Like 1

• Members
CharliesM0m2012
4 hours ago, KayC said:

I am so sorry it went missing, but if you report it to the company that you still haven't received it and report it missing to the post office, they should be able to replace it.  The post office needs to be aware it's missing!  I signed up for Informed Delivery and can report things missing there, or you can go to the post office or even call them.  They can question the mailman and maybe someone in sorting (locally) remembers seeing it.  The sooner the better.  I have memorial jewelry for Arlie too, I ordered a custom made bracelet in his memory from a friend who makes them and I can really relate to how you must be feeling.  :( :wub:

I'm with you on feeling this! 

The item I was looking for / chasing after arrived today; while I was at work, it turns out the item was delayed in the Netherlands!  I still would not trust one of our postmen though there’s been incidents of him sending the wrong packages to the wrong homes!  Just glad I now have it. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
Dragonfly999
2 hours ago, tnd said:

YES! If that's not a sign, I don't know what is. How wonderful! My husband didn't believe in coincidences and  neither do I. 

It just occurred to me, it’s literally a sign on a (literal) sign. He always had this hilarious habit of unintentionally making bad puns.

• Like 2

• Moderators
19 hours ago, CharliesM0m2012 said:

Just glad I now have it.

I'm glad you do too. Here's Arlie's...

image.jpeg.e29bb67d40f57d7227afa9ce6f4e5f47.jpeg

19 hours ago, Dragonfly999 said:

It just occurred to me, it’s literally a sign on a (literal) sign. He always had this hilarious habit of unintentionally making bad puns.

It sounds like it is a sign!

• Like 2

• Members

I had this incredible dream last night that I need to share. Tom and I had walked to a city park downtown. There were tables around it...like a large outdoor patio...with people sitting at all of them. And strangely enough, within this scene, we met up with my longtime close friend Lori who passed away in late 2008! Tom had never met Lori as he came along in my life nine and a half years later. The details of the dream are sketchy and bizarre but the three of us were going to go somewhere. I remember Lori offered us a stick of gum. She also had pizza and asked us if we wanted some now or wait until later. I distinctly remember saying that I'd like a slice now because it had been so long since I've had pizza (which is true...I haven't had any since Tom's been gone). 

I can't remember any of the dream after that but what a sad but beautiful dream for me to have! Tom heard many of the stories of my friendship with Lori over the years and in my dream, he got to meet her!!! The dream has brought sad and joyful tears this morning. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Oh wow, I wonder if this is a visitation in which he's letting you know he met her!  I believe we are connected in this life and the next and it's interesting the overlaps we find...

• Like 1