Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

HAPPY BIRTHDAY , ERICA ! Thinking of your beautiful dear Erica today Dee. And being thankful for her mother who reached out and answered my cry, many pleas to be heard, first. Erica, new laptop. sorry to be without pink font today. peace

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Happy Birthdy Erica! Part of your legacy is that your wonderful mom helps so many other grieving parents through this site. I know you are giving her the strength to do that. Be near your dear momma today and every day:)

• Members
post-278995-0-94767800-1365080429_thumb.

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Happy Heavenly Birthday, Eri, Eri, Eri!!

Dance around Your mom today, and let her feel your presence!

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Duplicated, sorry.

• Members
BrendaDup59

Happy Heavenly Birthday ERICA ...

• Members
Mom of Chip

Happy Birthday, Erica...Have fun today and sing out to your mom.

• Members
tobyfreefoot

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERI!!

Thanks for giving your mom the strength to share her experience and love with us. many of us were soo lost until we got here and your momma took the time to help us and tell us about you.

mermaid tears--love that your granddaughter? drew a picture of your son. the tux story was lovely and aren't you so glad now that you indulged john david. yes my son and his girlfriend died together. she fell asleep at the wheel while my son was asleep in the passenger seat. she apparently was trying to get to the rest area, took the exit and went straight into the back of a semi parked next to the curb at 67 miles an hour in a honda fit.

kate-sorry to hear your husband has an infection to boot. while in hospital make sure everyone washes with soap as i heard on NPR one of those drug resistant staff type infections will survive the waterless alcohol cleansers. don't want any extra trouble. <3 thinking of you.

carol-loved your pics! hope you are doing ok

betsy-your picture reminds me of the pink eri cloud story

lora-beautiful picture of cara!

angela--always love to see char's smile!!!

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

I am reading everyday, but can't yet put into words the burden on my heart as after a year and a half, we finally have received the complete reports, 911 tapes, pictures, etc., from the crash that took my son's life. All of it would have remained in a file drawer, never to be seen or heard without having petitioned the courts to intervene. We still have a long way to go on our road to truth and justice, and to try to change the laws which allowed justice in this case to fall through huge loopholes. All these things have knocked us back to square one. Tormented by what our child suffered. Faith in our legal systems completely shattered... faith in God remains our only strength. Pray for us.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

I am reading everyday, but can't yet put into words the burden on my heart as after a year and a half, we finally have received the complete reports, 911 tapes, pictures, etc., from the crash that took my son's life. All of it would have remained in a file drawer, never to be seen or heard without having petitioned the courts to intervene. We still have a long way to go on our road to truth and justice, and to try to change the laws which allowed justice in this case to fall through huge loopholes. All these things have knocked us back to square one. Tormented by what our child suffered. Faith in our legal systems completely shattered... faith in God remains our only strength. Pray for us.

I will pray for your family and am sorry to hear this. I have found much the same regarding my son, justice does not work for the victim but so often protects the rights of the one who commits the crime. I called my state representative twice regarding the lax laws for uninsured motorists and no response. Probably too busy sucking down $500 dollar bottles of wine with his pals at some exclusive restaurant. Legislators are supposed to be reviewing the laws to make sure that people are kept safe and that order is maintained. My sheriff's dept wasn't much better, their investigation was a joke. I have hired an accident reconstructionist, maybe this might help you. Make sure look for someone who is credentialed. I am so angry at our local sheriff's dept for trying to pin my son with blame without any investigation or waiting for the science to determine some facts. In the end, us as parents still carry the burden of sorrow everyday, I wish some of those in charge legally could feel that the same way we do for a month or so.

But I am still so sorry to hear this. Know one can understand the loss of your beloved son except Jesus. I picture Him just carrying me around some days, that is all I know what to do.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Happy Heavenly Birthday Erica Eileen Reith from Jesse David's mom. post-312988-0-75684600-1365099497_thumb.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Happy Heavenly Birthday Erica Eileen Reith from Jesse David's mom. post-312988-0-75684600-1365099497_thumb.

Just click on the image, and it enlarges.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Kate, praying for your husband.

Dee, There will be several pictures on the front of Cara's headstone and yes that is one of them. Jared and I are picking them out on Friday. He is going to Chicago in May to find a place to live and has a roommate already from California. He will probably move there in August and then I will go for a visit and maybe we can actually meet. I have never been to Chicago.

Jesses Mom, my friends sister lost her son to an accident and before she found him in an old well, she said where the sky parted and the sun was shining down, she looked up and saw a man, Jesus, and he had her sons hand and her son was waving goodbye to her. Soon after they found him in the old well, I think he was 4 or 5 when he drowned. I believe these type of stories, near death stories any of these stories. To me it is like faith and God some people believe and some people think you are crazy to believe. I believe in these stories and some people probably think I am crazy, I am okay with that.

Thank you Lora for sharing your friend's story. It is this type of hope like that that keeps me from going crazy with grief some days.

• Members

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERI!!

Thanks for giving your mom the strength to share her experience and love with us. many of us were soo lost until we got here and your momma took the time to help us and tell us about you.

mermaid tears--love that your granddaughter? drew a picture of your son. the tux story was lovely and aren't you so glad now that you indulged john david. yes my son and his girlfriend died together. she fell asleep at the wheel while my son was asleep in the passenger seat. she apparently was trying to get to the rest area, took the exit and went straight into the back of a semi parked next to the curb at 67 miles an hour in a honda fit.

kate-sorry to hear your husband has an infection to boot. while in h ospital make sure everyone washes with soap as i heard on NPR one of those drug resistant staff type infections will survive the waterless alcohol cleansers. don't want any extra trouble. <3 thinking of you.

carol-loved your pics! hope you are doing ok

betsy-your picture reminds me of the pink eri cloud story

lora-beautiful picture of cara!

angela--always love to see char's smile!!!

Gretchen, thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. He is now on antibiotics and some sort of cream on the incision. Hopefully he will soon feel better once it begins to kick in. He is now sleeping and appears more comfortable. We are expecting another 2 to 3cm. of snow tonight if you can believe it! This is the winter that will not end. Looks as if it is going to be a ton of container gardening this season and very little ground stuff. I read this the other day and kind of liked it. Thought I would share it with you. "Only people who are capable of loving strongly can suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grieving and heals them." Leo Tolstoy

• Members

HAPPY...HEAVENLY......BIRTHDAY.....ERZ. FLY HIGH AMONG THE PINK CLOUDS OF HEAVEN, AND SING & DANCE WITH ALL THE ANGELS . BLESS YOUR

LITTLE WHITE SOUL.

• Members
westleysmom

Happy Heavenly Birthday, Eri!

Dearest Dee, you have been on my mind for days as 4/4 got closer and closer. My girl will be 28 in September, so she and Eri would have been about the same age, which I didn't realize until lately. Since Eri was 19 and Westley was almost 21, I always thought of them as being "about the same age", when she was really 5 years older than him. What I wouldn't have given for 5 more years with my baby, had I been given the chance. Oh, but you know that, as we all do here. Wishing you sweet dreams of your pink girl Erica.

We are doing as well as we can. CJ is still working for my husband and doing fairly well, staying out of trouble for the most part and going to work, although we've all had some terrible crud that gives you a cough for weeks, and he was out today. He had his 23rd birthday last Saturday. I have been trying to keep myself occupied with work and stuff. Our weather still hasn't turned to spring yet, but the weekend is supposed to be nice. I hope it is.

Carol, Colleen, Amy, Leah, Kate, Becky, Sherry, Betty, Betsy, Greg, Gretchen, Angela, all here who have lost a beloved child or grandchild, you are all in my heart.

• Members

Thank you everyone for the wonderful wishes for a pink-filled day. Oh it has been indeed. The kids decorated the tree in the school park with pink sparkly things and ribbons, they sang EVERYDAY PEOPLE to her, all three verses that they learned from our winter sing. We played outside on a beautiful day, blue sky and white puffy clouds.

I went to the cemetery with some pink flowers and sat with Erz, peeled an orange and ate with her, left her an orange too. I kissed her stone and went on my way, stopping at a store to get the goods for the school breakfast tomorrow...every teacher provides breakfast once per year on a friday. I was sharing the day with another teacher.

So I rush home to make dinner for Shannon and Jonathan. What I have not told you here, none of you, is that Jon and Shannon are expecting a child, a Girl child in April. Well guess who went into labor after dinner? Yes, on Erica's birthday, they are at the hospital now, and we will go later on when she is close to delivery. I went to school at 9:30 to write up sub plans and deliver the food I bought for tomorrows breakfast. Oh my goodness Indigos, the powers of our Angels!

Please send blessings and prayers for a smooth delivery and a wonderfully healthy Child and Momma.

• Members

OH MY GOODNESS, DEE!!! HOW WONDERFUL!! I'm sorry I missed Eri's birthday yesterday, she totally paid a visit though! I pray everything goes beautifully and you all will have your baby girl to love and to cherish!

• Members

OH MY GOODNESS, DEE!!! HOW WONDERFUL!! I'm sorry I missed Eri's birthday yesterday, she totally paid a visit though! I pray everything goes beautifully and you all will have your baby girl to love and to cherish!

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

I will pray for your family and am sorry to hear this. I have found much the same regarding my son, justice does not work for the victim but so often protects the rights of the one who commits the crime. I called my state representative twice regarding the lax laws for uninsured motorists and no response. Probably too busy sucking down $500 dollar bottles of wine with his pals at some exclusive restaurant. Legislators are supposed to be reviewing the laws to make sure that people are kept safe and that order is maintained. My sheriff's dept wasn't much better, their investigation was a joke. I have hired an accident reconstructionist, maybe this might help you. Make sure look for someone who is credentialed. I am so angry at our local sheriff's dept for trying to pin my son with blame without any investigation or waiting for the science to determine some facts. In the end, us as parents still carry the burden of sorrow everyday, I wish some of those in charge legally could feel that the same way we do for a month or so.

But I am still so sorry to hear this. Know one can understand the loss of your beloved son except Jesus. I picture Him just carrying me around some days, that is all I know what to do.

Thank you, Jesse David's mom, (another J.D.) ... we have a highly recognized reconstructionist, and though it may prove too late to change anything as far as a criminal charge, we will continue to move forward to show the truth and the injustice to our son and to our family. I cannot believe we have been kept in the dark about all aspects of their investigation for this long! This was a minor child, my boy, only 15 years old.

The lack of laws that would have applied in this case, we will press forward to change, in honor of my son. We have state representatives and senators involved in this pursuit.

The lack of professionalism is something I am not sure how to approach. There were so many mistakes made. I will never know, until I reach heaven, if things had been done differently, if my child might have lived. I believe this is why we were delayed in getting information, as those responsible are afraid of liability.

Insult to injury, torture on top of loss... why?

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Dee....my heart is 'flowing over' ...keep us posted....God and His Angels are still 'in charge'....sometimes I have to get on my knees when something happens and is for sure...GRACE.....Grace is a free gift....I was in the pick-up line yesterday to pick Pebbie up from school..(sometimes it is a long wait)...but...a 'thought' came into mind...(where from ? who knows)...your Eri...and her spirit-love is certainly near you and you are a teacher....she showers you with her angel messages and you 'teach us'...you are still here...God has you right where He needs you...to be here for 'us lost and hurting ones'...to guide and hold our hands while we fumble our way in the dark....you bring us into the light..over and over...I have a lot of gratitude in my heart for you...let us know about the 'Mother and child' for we are in the 'waiting room' of our hearts for you.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Oh Gretchen....I think every 'one' has a story....your story of your child is just so hard to hear....think about...absorb. I know all on this site has the common thread....we have lost a 'child'....some have lost more than one....thank you for sharing....and how has your path that you have been on been?? How are the others in your family coping? I have seen the photos of the monument....and it is simply so full of love and caring. Blessings to you and yours.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Becky...our Warrior Mom....I was thinking when you received the information you had so long waited for....that there would be a silver lining of news to help you in your quest for your J.D......from what you have posted...you are still mired in 'unanswered questions'...and running into blank walls....you have been running a good race...you are exhausted...tired...frustrated. You have to remember what YOU told me when I first got on this site....now it is my turn to remind YOU...it is ok to rest....you must 'self care' yourself...please...it is ok to put it all down for just awhile...for if you burn yourself out...then everyone will lose....and just for awhile...rest yourself. I have posted this before....but...you have enough love for your child to take you to the moon and back in a rocking chair and we get no awards for being 'strong and stoic'....and I feel as if I am a part of your quest for justice for your son....I really do....and I think you would give me the same 'kind of advice'....if it was the other way around....don't be hard on yourself if all that you have done has not had the outcome you so desire...in this time frame....I do believe with all my heart that something very, very good is going to come about for all your tireless effort....I do believe in you ....please keep us all posted....for all of us are 'cheering' you on in the sidelines...

• Members
Mermaid Tears

post-306805-0-38017300-1365183328_thumb.

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. Corinthians

Lora....someone sent this photo to me...and wanted to share with all on this site...but was thinking of you and your making your way as you choose the Memorial for your Cara...that photo of her you posted was just 'shining through' with her spirit and smile...it simply reached out and touched me and my heart....her smile is so contagious...I smiled back at her. Now that I am in this 'place' in my life...I looked at this photo and thought of the love the parent's had for this child...and when he left them...this is what came to their hearts...and how they 'set him free' ....and let him go to his Father's Arms....for this is how they wanted their boy to be remembered...climbing up...arms stretched to the heaven's...being received into that amazing Unconditional Love...and Healing.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

post-306805-0-56406500-1365187793_thumb.

Hello Jesse David's Mom.....now we have 3 J.D.'s on here....I learned about the writings of Elisabeth Kubler-Ross many, many years ago...after John David passed I ordered every book she wrote or co-wrote....now about NDE's.....they were really researched many years ago....many people simply would not talk about them for scared of being thought of as 'crazy' or imagination....it is sad that a Pastor would want to 'wave away' this topic....for really....Faith is not seen, either...but he wants you to believe in Faith. I believe to my very core that these 'stories' are real.....of course...there will be many to 'tell a tale' for attention....and who are we to say ? There are many well documented books on reincarnation...I read 'Proof of Heaven'...and many other's and I will hang on to any word or words written to add a layer to my Faith....for I believed way before my John David passed...I have a few stories myself....I don't have the time to write about them now...but...will later. You come here and relate anything about your day....we are here to listen....you can rant and vent and rave.. and we will give you an ear....you can tell us a story about your son...and we will consider that an honor that you share with us. Don't let anyone tell you 'how' or 'what' you believe in....by the way...has that Pastor lost a child ??

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

My sister-in-law who lost her sister a year ago just shared with me an artist she used to play while taking care of her sister in hospice.

If you go to the Pandora radio site, type in George Winston, it is a very relaxing instrumental style of music.

Thinking of everyone today...

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Thanks Mermaid Tears. Yes, I read On Children and Death by Elisbeth. She had a chapter on Sudden Death. In this book of a little child about a 4 year old who told her mom that she was going to go away to be with Jesus in heaven. Jesus had came to her in a dream. Her mom was disturbed of course. By that afternoon, the girl had drown in a pool.

Another book I had read is Crossing the Threshold of Eternity by Robert L Wise.

• Members

Dee, I am anxiously awaiting the news about that baby girl. Congrats to both Mom and Dad! And of course to the proud grandma! :)

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

post-306805-0-56406500-1365187793_thumb.

Hello Jesse David's Mom.....now we have 3 J.D.'s on here....I learned about the writings of Elisabeth Kubler-Ross many, many years ago...after John David passed I ordered every book she wrote or co-wrote....now about NDE's.....they were really researched many years ago....many people simply would not talk about them for scared of being thought of as 'crazy' or imagination....it is sad that a Pastor would want to 'wave away' this topic....for really....Faith is not seen, either...but he wants you to believe in Faith. I believe to my very core that these 'stories' are real.....of course...there will be many to 'tell a tale' for attention....and who are we to say ? There are many well documented books on reincarnation...I read 'Proof of Heaven'...and many other's and I will hang on to any word or words written to add a layer to my Faith....for I believed way before my John David passed...I have a few stories myself....I don't have the time to write about them now...but...will later. You come here and relate anything about your day....we are here to listen....you can rant and vent and rave.. and we will give you an ear....you can tell us a story about your son...and we will consider that an honor that you share with us. Don't let anyone tell you 'how' or 'what' you believe in....by the way...has that Pastor lost a child ??

As far as I know all of his children are living. I think that people who have not had this type of tragedy strike their family mean well, but sometimes they just don't know. He and his wife have had a pretty calm life. I have prayed for him to have the Lord give him wisdom in this area. I have learned that probably the best wisdom is just to be quiet and listen. And to realize that there is a God space in each person where only that person's soul and God speak with each other. That concept I guess I have seen in the books I have read on hospice caring. For us personally, I believe we were being prepared on some level but it was not what I wanted.

To be fair the church helped us a lot, it was just this sermon I was disappointed in since to me the burpo book very much helped especially early on.

• Members

Rhonda-----I,so, understand how time can warp facts of our children's

lives....especially when you think of their age---'then', ----and how old

they would be 'now'. My daughter (who is 6 yrs. younger than Dave) is

now older than he was when he died. While baby Lisa was older than

both of them. Of course, I guess we will always think of our child who

left this world too soon as being the age that theywere when they left.....

never growing older. Forever young----forever loved.

Becky----I'm sorry that so much of your hard and diligent work on

finding out the true facts of your JD's death has led into more questions,

and frustration. I, so, understand.....and I'm sorry. Take care of yourself

so you can regroup, and regain needed energy for your quest for truth

and justice for your sweet boy, JD.

Dee-----Such good news!!......the expected new little baby girl.

Jon & Shannon must be so excited, and you too ! Sending prayers for a safe delivery and

good health to both mom and baby. Keep us posted......can't wait to hear.

Kate-----Are you getting anymore signs of spring yet? It's still cool in the

daytime and cold at night here. Some sunshine once in awhile, but windy

days makes for a cold spring. Thoughts & prayers for your husband.

Davey&Lisasmom, Sherry

• Members

Okay, listening to the lovely Eri-inspired music left here by Greg, thanks Greg. One of the best songs and instant visions come to my heart and mind.

Susan, your sweet thoughts about Erz and my teaching...so very sweet. I do believe, though sometimes it is hard, that We are exactly where God needs us to be.

WELL we have a lovely Girl whose name is inspired by her Auntie Angel; Erica Elizabeth. She was born today at 1:13 and we just got home from the hospital. No sleep last night and in the hospital about 12 or so hours, so now home and soon to bed. She is GORGEOUS! She is a lot like both her adorable parents, and I see her Auntie there too. She is a lovely Wonder to our lives. May she live long and healthy, laugh each day, listen to birds, and find pleasure in nature, may her spirit, mind, body and soul be blessed in good health and may she outlive her parents and may they live to a nice old age. These are my constant prayers.

• Members

So pleased to hear this wonderful news. How lovely to have named her after her sweet Auntie. Can't wait to see pictures of her. I am sure you will sleep well tonight. Congratulations!

• Members

Thanks Kate, and Sherry and Everyone who sent their good wishes to the birth of Erica Elizabeth.

going to bed now.

• Members
westleysmom

Dee-I'm so happy for you! That is wonderful news and I second all your wishes for the beautiful little Erica Elizabeth and send my best to new Mommy and Daddy too. I hope they are all doing well and resting comfortably, the new little family. Love to you and your's this special day.

• Members
Mom of Chip

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. I have been working at my new job, and I have to get used to being in the workplace again after many years of being a homebody. I can't seem to get myself organized.

I do read the posts every morning and night. So many good thoughts from all of you..and so many trials, too. We all have our ups and downs but keep on keeping on as our angels want us to do.

Today I ordered Chip's monument. We plan to have it set by his birthday. It will have a pic of his favorite guitar and his signature on the back...and maybe a picture of him, but we haven't decided about that for sure just yet. On the front across the top there will be some sprigs of ivy surrounding the words "Forever Loved", then all the usual info about him...and across the bottom "Beloved son, daddy, brother, granddad, teacher, friend". I'm really relieved to finally get it ordered. It took us a while to decide what we wanted on it. We wanted it to depict who he really was, and it had to be perfect, you know.

And about that pastor who was 'putting down' books about the afterlife...It is hard to me to imagine a person of the cloth even bringing up the subject in a sermon. No one is sure what follows our time on this earth. ...I have seen too many signs from Chip and others who passed before him..that make me believe they are still with us..just in another realm that we can't feel or see...sometimes they can get thru in dreams, nature, or a surprising event to let us know they are watching over us. If we believe that life is eternal..which I do...then there is a place somewhere where souls go. Whether or not it is true makes no difference. It gives those of us left behind comfort and something to hang on to...believing we will see them again someday. And I truly do believe that when my time comes, Chip will be there with his arms open wide giving me the best bear hug I have ever gotten.

Dee..congratulations on the birth of Erica Elizabeth. You must post pictures.

• Members
BrendaDup59

Okay, listening to the lovely Eri-inspired music left here by Greg, thanks Greg. One of the best songs and instant visions come to my heart and mind.

Susan, your sweet thoughts about Erz and my teaching...so very sweet. I do believe, though sometimes it is hard, that We are exactly where God needs us to be.

WELL we have a lovely Girl whose name is inspired by her Auntie Angel; Erica Elizabeth. She was born today at 1:13 and we just got home from the hospital. No sleep last night and in the hospital about 12 or so hours, so now home and soon to bed. She is GORGEOUS! She is a lot like both her adorable parents, and I see her Auntie there too. She is a lovely Wonder to our lives. May she live long and healthy, laugh each day, listen to birds, and find pleasure in nature, may her spirit, mind, body and soul be blessed in good health and may she outlive her parents and may they live to a nice old age. These are my constant prayers.

Dee, what wonderful news , I am so happy for you and cant wait to see pictures of her .. <3

• Members

Hi all...have had my daughter and two granddaughters here all week, so have been busy, busy, busy and having fun, fun, fun. So, I've not been on much...I think I have 200 emails! Jumped on this morning to just say to have a good weekend and saw THE AWESOME NEWS, DEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How beautiful! I don't remember your saying that they were expecting, but I may have missed it or filed it away in my "brain drain" since hubby's illness and passing...It is such truly wonderful news, and I think shows much of how Jon has moved forward in his grieving of his beautiful sister in his naming the baby after her. I am sitting here with joyous tears running down my face...wellll I send my love to them and to you and to your hubby, as well, and most especially, to that beautiful new baby...such a tremendous gift of love to you all she is.

• Members

Rhonda-----I,so, understand how time can warp facts of our children's

lives....especially when you think of their age---'then', ----and how old

they would be 'now'. My daughter (who is 6 yrs. younger than Dave) is

now older than he was when he died. While baby Lisa was older than

both of them. Of course, I guess we will always think of our child who

left this world too soon as being the age that theywere when they left.....

never growing older. Forever young----forever loved.

Becky----I'm sorry that so much of your hard and diligent work on

finding out the true facts of your JD's death has led into more questions,

and frustration. I, so, understand.....and I'm sorry. Take care of yourself

so you can regroup, and regain needed energy for your quest for truth

and justice for your sweet boy, JD.

Dee-----Such good news!!......the expected new little baby girl.

Jon & Shannon must be so excited, and you too ! Sending prayers for a safe delivery and

good health to both mom and baby. Keep us posted......can't wait to hear.

Kate-----Are you getting anymore signs of spring yet? It's still cool in the

daytime and cold at night here. Some sunshine once in awhile, but windy

days makes for a cold spring. Thoughts & prayers for your husband.

Davey&Lisasmom, Sherry

Sherry, our spring has been non existent at this point. As I write this it is again snowing in large light flakes. The temps are approximately in the low 30'sF. I can't remember a season this late in all of my life. They are already facing flooding in Fargo again and it is heading up our way. From overland flooding to rivers and lake levels supposedly going to the level of the 2009 flood. I sure do not need this worry right now. We are just off to emergency in a few mins. More complications. Will most likely grab a book and I imagine I will be there for the day. Not sure if they will admit him or not. Dee....hope you had a terrific sleep last night. How is the proud Grandmother this morning? I bet you are walking several feet off of the ground. Sending love to all. Kate

• Members

Thanks for the good wishes and congrats Gang. Mom and Dad are tired but in that amazing way. They said she received a bath last night and nursed very nicely and slept well. Hormones and excitement made sleep a more difficult process for parents but that is to be expected.I am so glad and after 11 hours of sleep myself, I am rested and lighthearted.

Del, I so agree with Lora, getting used to work again is difficult, and being organized in the face of grief is soemthing most of us don't possess. I never was very organized, after Erica left, I was even less and remain so but don't let that scare you. You will find ways of adapting, we are after all the picture of ADAPTATION. We have found ways to still breathe, to still walk, to still pray, to still hope. I call that an amazing example of Adaptation. Be kind to the new parts of you that seem foreign. One day you will grow into them and be more comfortable with yourself.

Carol, so glad that you are having a fun and busy time with the girls. No you did not miss my announcement, I announced when Shan and Jon were in the hospital in labor, that was my first bit of news about this little Dearheart, Erica Elizabeth. Thanks so much.

Yep Lora, to have her Aunties name is quite an honor and delight. I love that your Son felt our story the way he did, that is what I mean about hope, it trickles in through the cracks in our hearts where the sun has not been in a while. Lovely.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Dee...am filled with gratitude and happiness for you and yours...in our family...little girls are hard to come by....I had an Uncle that said he was going to fill his backyard up with boys til he had a little girl...bless his heart...he never got that wish....but I got to bask in his favor....and now you don't have to name a kitty after Eri...like I had to name my kitty Margaret Ann just so I could say her name !

About being dis-organized...I looked around the other day and wondered 'why' I hadn't taken care of 'certain' things...as I always have..(having certain things washed like windows...re-potting...clearing out..gutters cleaned..didn't get Easter decorations out til 2 days before, etc.)....I wonder if I will ever pick up steam again..have that 'drive' that has carried me all my life...as you say...and I will heed your word....that we will fit our new 'way' into our everyday....

• Members

Dee......YAY!!------So very glad that the sweet little babe---ERICA ELIZABETH is

here, and all is well with her and her parents.....and you, of course. So understandable

that you, Jon and ,of course, Shannon were a bit wiped out after the time at the hospital....

waiting for the dear little babe to make her appearance into the world. Jon & Shannon must be over the

moon with joy. So exciting and wonderful----birth of new babies. When I worked in

the maternity dept. of hospitals.....it was a joyful place to be....most of the time.

Anyhow---good luck to everyone, and the little pink bundle with her dear auntie ERICA'S

first name.

Kate----Same type of weather here. The weatherman keeps calling for warmer

temps, but so far, he's been wrong on most counts. Still in the 20's at night. Not much

better in the daytime.NOW--

he says that it is to get up to the low 60's Sunday......we'll see.! We've been fooled

so many times....we're beginning to think the weathermen are frauds. :rolleyes: .

The flooding threat in your area.....and in Fargo.....how they could use some of the

moisture in the southwest etc. where it has been a drought for a few yrs. Oh well..

we can't do much about the weather. Sending prayers for your husband. Peace to you both.

Carol-----So nice that you're having such fun with your daughter & granddaughters.

I'm glad that they made it up to your house for the much-anticipated visit.

Del----Glad to hear that you have ordered Chip's monument. It will be nice when it is

in place to honor him. You mentioned getting organized on the new job. Just hold on...

things will fall into place in time......it can be difficult starting a new job and learning

everything....so many details to learn and remember. I remember when I switched

careers from nursing to librarian. Wow.....what a vast difference in the workplace, and

policies etc. Took me quite awhile to get onto the routine of it, and feel confident....

plus learning computers!...which I had never even touched one. Scared to death, I was. :huh:

but with time---it did all fall into place for me. You have been at your job only a short while,

but I bet you are learning new things and ways at your workplace every day....and that

soon you will gain more and more confidence. Keep up the good work, friend.

Lora---How are your kitties doing?

Shelly----I hope you are able to get back to BI again. Miss seeing your posts.

WISHING PEACE AND TRANQUILITY TO ALL INDIGOS.

Davey&Lisasmom, Sherry

• Members

Dee......YAY!!------So very glad that the sweet little babe---ERICA ELIZABETH is

here, and all is well with her and her parents.....and you, of course. So understandable

that you, Jon and ,of course, Shannon were a bit wiped out after the time at the hospital....

waiting for the dear little babe to make her appearance into the world. Jon & Shannon must be over the

moon with joy. So exciting and wonderful----birth of new babies. When I worked in

the maternity dept. of hospitals.....it was a joyful place to be....most of the time.

Anyhow---good luck to everyone, and the little pink bundle with her dear auntie ERICA'S

first name.

Kate----Same type of weather here. The weatherman keeps calling for warmer

temps, but so far, he's been wrong on most counts. Still in the 20's at night. Not much

better in the daytime.NOW--

he says that it is to get up to the low 60's Sunday......we'll see.! We've been fooled

so many times....we're beginning to think the weathermen are frauds. :rolleyes: .

The flooding threat in your area.....and in Fargo.....how they could use some of the

moisture in the southwest etc. where it has been a drought for a few yrs. Oh well..

we can't do much about the weather. Sending prayers for your husband. Peace to you both.

Carol-----So nice that you're having such fun with your daughter & granddaughters.

I'm glad that they made it up to your house for the much-anticipated visit.

Del----Glad to hear that you have ordered Chip's monument. It will be nice when it is

in place to honor him. You mentioned getting organized on the new job. Just hold on...

things will fall into place in time......it can be difficult starting a new job and learning

everything....so many details to learn and remember. I remember when I switched

careers from nursing to librarian. Wow.....what a vast difference in the workplace, and

policies etc. Took me quite awhile to get onto the routine of it, and feel confident....

plus learning computers!...which I had never even touched one. Scared to death, I was. :huh:

but with time---it did all fall into place for me. You have been at your job only a short while,

but I bet you are learning new things and ways at your workplace every day....and that

soon you will gain more and more confidence. Keep up the good work, friend.

Lora---How are your kitties doing?

Shelly----I hope you are able to get back to BI again. Miss seeing your posts.

WISHING PEACE AND TRANQUILITY TO ALL INDIGOS.

Davey&Lisasmom, Sherry

• Members

Sorry----double post. Wish I knew how to eliminate the duplicate.

• Members

Congratulations Shannon and Jon! Dee, a beautiful gift. ! A warm welcome to Erica Elizabeth .

Rhonda, it's nice to see handsome Westley. I think about the passing of time too. Sarah just turned 27. Rich would be 25 this year. I see pictures of his classmates and notice that the youngness, the look of their faces no longer holds the softness of a late teen/early twenty year old. I guess that as we live on more and more will become apparent to us. The changes. The sameness. It's good to hear CJ is working out and fitting in.

Sherry, I picked up plants today. Yesterday was not a good day and I needed to look beyond the day and find something to brighten my day. Erica Elizabeth was number 1.

I went to a local nursery and choose Indigo Moon first. Torenia hybrida. Orange sunset and Noa yellow for starters. The blue for Rich and the yellow for Sarah.

Finding sadness in my little corner of the world . Human nature. Sometimes respect, a true desire to understand does not help the one extending the hand of friendship. Taking a stand takes energy I don't seem to have a whole lot of extra anymore. Emotionally draining I just figured I'd pick flowers.

Leah, Maryann in Delaware, Amy, Betty,Becky,Gretchen, Carol,Karen,Kathy, Tanners mom,Colleen,Del,Kate,Jesse Davids mom, all that have come before me and those after, I guess we all sit together .

post-278995-0-93402900-1365272346_thumb.

post-278995-0-80398700-1365272388_thumb.

• Members

Congratulations Dee. Granddaugthers are so very wonderful. I am sure Eri is rejoicing in Heaven. Is this your first grandchild?

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Congratulations Shannon and Jon! Dee, a beautiful gift. ! A warm welcome to Erica Elizabeth .

Rhonda, it's nice to see handsome Westley. I think about the passing of time too. Sarah just turned 27. Rich would be 25 this year. I see pictures of his classmates and notice that the youngness, the look of their faces no longer holds the softness of a late teen/early twenty year old. I guess that as we live on more and more will become apparent to us. The changes. The sameness. It's good to hear CJ is working out and fitting in.

Sherry, I picked up plants today. Yesterday was not a good day and I needed to look beyond the day and find something to brighten my day. Erica Elizabeth was number 1.

I went to a local nursery and choose Indigo Moon first. Torenia hybrida. Orange sunset and Noa yellow for starters. The blue for Rich and the yellow for Sarah.

Finding sadness in my little corner of the world . Human nature. Sometimes respect, a true desire to understand does not help the one extending the hand of friendship. Taking a stand takes energy I don't seem to have a whole lot of extra anymore. Emotionally draining I just figured I'd pick flowers.

Leah, Maryann in Delaware, Amy, Betty,Becky,Gretchen, Carol,Karen,Kathy, Tanners mom,Colleen,Del,Kate,Jesse Davids mom, all that have come before me and those after, I guess we all sit together .

post-278995-0-93402900-1365272346_thumb.

post-278995-0-80398700-1365272388_thumb.

Thanks for the pics of flowers and being willing to sit with me.