Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Guardian Angel

sandra42

• Members

My son passed away 2 days after his 1st birthday. My exhusband "forgot" that he was in the tub and he drowned. I hate myself everyday because I wasn't there. He was such a great baby. I miss him so much and I know one day I will see him again but it still so hard. He was born 12-10-95,died 12-12-96. He has a older brother and sister and in 1998 I had another son. But my family and heart still has a big hole in it which will never be filled. I called him and still do Mommy's little man because he weighed 9lbs 9 1/2 oz. I know he's my guardian angel and I love him and miss him so much.

post-39529-12815389609_thumb.jpg

• Members

Sandra

Words do not express the saddness we feel when we lost our sons.  I am only 1.5 years into my grief and, lately, I am wearing a huge metal suit that makes every move so heavy and difficult.

What a beautiful smile that young man has. 

My son, Brian was 16 (3 weeks from 17) when he and two other friends were horsing around with a vehicle.  Brian decided to get on the hood of the car.  Mike, the driver decided to drive 68 mph into a tree.  Sam the passenger just sat their and watched it happen.  Mike and Sam walked away without a scratch.

My son, Brian died almost instantly.  The accident scene is a 1/4 mile from our house.

We have a daughter 19 and a son that just turned 16 (the same age as his brother was when he died).

Brian is dead, Mike is a felon for homicide, and Sam goes on.

My family is slowly moving forward, but every day is a struggle.  I am with you.  I know how you feel.  Nothing, no time, no where could ever replace our boys. and yes, we will see them again.

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

[user=39529]sandra42[/user] wrote:

My son passed away 2 days after his 1st birthday. My exhusband "forgot" that he was in the tub and he drowned. I hate myself everyday because I wasn't there. He was such a great baby. I miss him so much and I know one day I will see him again but it still so hard. He was born 12-10-95,died 12-12-96. He has a older brother and sister and in 1998 I had another son. But my family and heart still has a big hole in it which will never be filled. I called him and still do Mommy's little man because he weighed 9lbs 9 1/2 oz. I know he's my guardian angel and I love him and miss him so much.

Oh yes a beautiful baby boy with such love in his eyes.  I am so sorry your little man had such a short time with you.  In that time though he managed to find his way into your heart in such away that he is still fresh in your mind even now.

I don't think we ever truly recover from the loss of our babies no matter what their age or how long they have been gone. 

I love to think of them as our guardian angels watching over us as we travel this unwanted path.

Peace be with you, hoping your babies siblings bring joy to your life....Trudi.

• Members

Dear Sandra

What a beautiful,happy little angel your "Little Man" was.   I understand your missing of him and your knowing that you will see him again.  Seeing him as your Guardian Angel is special.  I lost my only child/son Stephen, on 5-6-2007 and still feel so very close to him even though I miss him daily.  I too consider him my Guardian Angel.

I am glad you shared your loss here and so treasure the picture of your "Little Man"

Please keep coming back

Betty

Stephen'sMom

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

Colleen; I am with you on the armor suit......will we always wear it.......It is so heavy and the weight of this grief takes away the happy in happiness; I wonder if we will ever feel light and really happy again; or do we live like this for the rest of our life......I am not complaining.....but this is real; and its the pits.......and like everyone says we now have a hole in our heart that nothing EVER can fill it.......I just wake up every morning and get a grip and do what I have to do..........stay busy and productive........thinking of everyone and feeling numb tonight.......one of my son's best friend said he forgot what Tanner's voice sounded like and he was made and sad about it........I told him; he could call Tanner;s cell as I have not the courage to turn it off and not the courage to hear his voice......Blessings......Cindy; Tanner's Mama Gama;  OK I am going to say it ; ITS JUST NOT FAIR; and its scary feeling like this.................and I wonder how we do it.......keep on living......I know ; I know;

Archived