Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Just missing dad!

redsgirl

• Members

My dad will be gone 3 yrs in March 2010.  Tonight I am missing him & wishing I still had time with him.  Bless his heart, he suffered with his sickness for several years before his death.  Thanks for letting me share my feelings.

Redsgirl

• Members

hi redsgirl!

it will be 2 years that i have lost my dad.... december 2nd, and i feel your pain!!!! some days i just miss him soo much!!!!!!!!!!! and would give anything just to get one more bear hug from him. I really dont know if this pain every goes away...i think it just gets easier to hide!

just know you are not alone!

To our dads.... may they know how much we miss them, and how much they are loved!!!

• Members

I know what you are both going through. I lost my Father 18 yrs ago and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about him and wish that he was still here for me to see,talk to and hug. His birthday is coming up on the 14th (He would have been 87) and I will sing Happy Birthday,as I have every year since he has been gone, to a picture of him. It still hurts after all these years but when I think of him,I know he isn't sick with Cancer anymore and that helps a little just knowing that he isn't suffering . I wish you both the best.

Kysusieq

• Members

My Dad's anniversary is at the end of the month. It's been so many years yet I still feel like it was recent. Sometimes I feel I got stuck in one of the stages of grief when my Dad died because my life has never been the same. I lost my joy and my motivation to make a better life for myself. It's like I've just been existing. 

• Members

I appreciate all the responses since my posting.  Yes, ERNurse, I hope our dad's do know how much we miss them & love them.  Kysusieq, my dad's birthday will be Dec 21st & he would have also been 87.  I hope you did well today.  That is a sweet way of remembering him, by singing to his picture.  Socal 2010, I'm hoping you find your way through for a better life.  God is faithful! 

God Bless,

Redsgirl

• Members

Socal I feeling the exact way you are. I lost my dad suddenly in May. Just before his death I was in such a great place- I felt like my life was on track. Now I am completely lost. I don't find much joy in anything, nor do I want to find joy. I want to be sad because why would I feel happy without my father? And feeling this way is really confusing. I know my dad would be so upset that I am feeling this way. He would want me to go on with my life and find happiness and I do try.  I went out for a friend's birthday to a club one weekend in August and I all of a sudden starting thinking "when I go home tonight my dad won't be there", right in the club I started crying I had to go outside because I was having an emotional breakdown- I couldn't breathe.

Just the other day I was thinking of the movie 2012 (which I had just seen), I broke down crying because I wanted to talk to my dad and ask him his thoughts on the idea behind the movie- sounds stupid, but those are the types of things I talked about with my dad, random things- which would end up in him giving me a history or science lesson. It makes me sick to my stomach that I can't have that. I am constantly wondering how this all became my reality.

• Members

I feel bad whenever I think of all the things my dad is going to miss now--grandkids growing up, seasons changing, weddings and holidays. People who have been thru it say the worst time is the "first" of everything...but we just made it through the First Thanksgiving without him, so I guess that's the first step.

Whenever I saw an unusual bird at our backdoor feeder, I would call Pop--he knew quite a lot about different birds and what calls they made, and if he could not identify it from my description we would get out our bird books and figure out what it was. There was a red-heed woodpecker out there last week (unusual for here) and my first thought was, 'Hey! I need to call dad!'  :(

• Members

Wow, you said all the things I think about, I cry every morning on the way into work, and at night I see him in my dreams...

The scary part is I was with my daddy when he took his last breathe sometimes that is all I hear that it is tearing me up.. I see him just laying there becoming cold then I start to just cry .......cry.. cry... then I ask daddy please help me... then at times I become completely calm... then it is fine for a bit..

I miss him so much.. I cant imagine being without him for months, years... I am trying to be strong for my mommy... but .. I just dont know..  

Archived