Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing Multiples, Multiple Times

chatterbocks

• Members

So...you live right up the street from me! Milford Whitinsville Hospital is where I go for quick care. Was the nurse that took care of you Kathy Guness? She is one of my best friends! She is also an ob-gyn NP at Milford/UMASS Memorial Ob-Gyn in Uxbridge. I read your story with interest and sadness. I have worked in NICU's for many years and in my entire life, never thought I would be visiting this site. Until....last year when we lost our son at 24 years of age. I will be thinking of you, as you try to have another baby. Keep trying and I know your dream will one day come true! AND.....NO, we should not have to endure the awful heartache of losing a child. I also ask myself every day why God cursed me with this terrible pain and sadness. Please keep us posted on how you are doing! Take care! (Drewsmom) Mary

• Members

Hi, I don't live in Milford anymore, last year we picked up and moved to Carolina Shores, NC.  I live five minutes from the beach.  I think that might have been Kathy?  It was with a K, and she worked in Labor & Delivery.  She would remember me I am sure.  She was wonderful.

I am sorry to hear of your loss.  I would never wish losing a child upon anyone, I think it's the worst pain, that you feel you will never get over.  I hope that you keep your chin up and your head held high, because he is watching over you to be sure you stay on track, I am sure of it!!!  Angels above......Take Care.......

• Members

Ahhhh.... I am so glad that you have started a new life. I think this is really important for your heath. My son was born in VA and my daughter was born in Seattle, WA. I, too, am contemplating a move. I have applied for a job in VA (where I worked for 8 years). I should know something this week! My daughter is a senior in college and my husband refuses to move. He has 7 more years until retirement and feels that he should stay here for this reason. Not a good situation! I sometimes do believe that the loss of a child can tear a family apart. It has been extremely difficult on all of us, but mostly on me. My son was everything to me! I do hope you will try again for a child...please don't ever give up! You have been through the most difficult parts of childbearing....by the mere loss of your other children. Hang in there and please let me know how you are, from time to time! Take care. (Drewsmom) Mary

Archived