Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Thoughts of just getting away...

Krantz

• Members

The past two months have been extremely devastating and depressing. I'm missing Adam every second, every minute, every hour, every day..  I've been having lots of thoughts of just getting away for a little while.  Maybe traveling somewhere by myself.  Have you had thoughts of doing the same?   

• Members
claribassist13

I've taken a couple of trips since my fiance's death, and the experience was mixed. One trip was to a city where he wanted to attend medical school, so it was bittersweet to enjoy a city that could have been home. The other visit was to see his sister at her school, and that was difficult. 
I am actually in the process of planning a trip to France sometime within the next year. He loved the French language and it was always one of our goals to go there. 
I think that taking a trip you guys wanted to do together could be a really great thing. It can also be nice to have a change of scenery. 

If you are wanting to take a trip because you think it will lessen your grief, I'm gonna tell you right now that it won't. In other words, take a trip for the right reasons, not just to run away. 

Archived