Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Thoughts of just getting away...

Krantz

• Members

The past two months have been extremely devastating and depressing. I'm missing Adam every second, every minute, every hour, every day..  I've been having lots of thoughts of just getting away for a little while.  Maybe traveling somewhere by myself.  Have you had thoughts of doing the same?   

• Members
velvettuberose
56 minutes ago, Krantz said:

The past two months have been extremely devastating and depressing. I'm missing Adam every second, every minute, every hour, every day..  I've been having lots of thoughts of just getting away for a little while.  Maybe traveling somewhere by myself.  Have you had thoughts of doing the same?   

Yes, I have. However, I have anxiety and going places Walter and I used to visit together is very uncomfortable for me. Yet...I can go 50 miles away from home.

I went to Myrtle Beach, SC, last week and it was not a good choice. I was not ready.

But if you think traveling brings you comfort and helps you clear your head for a while, do it. 

• Moderators

Sometimes it's sounded appealing but money is a factor.  If you think it'd help you and you can do it, go for it.

• Members

Yeah I don't think I'm quite ready. It will be hard because we always traveled together and I know it wouldn't be the same. I'm just so lost..

• Members
velvettuberose
1 hour ago, Krantz said:

Yeah I don't think I'm quite ready. It will be hard because we always traveled together and I know it wouldn't be the same. I'm just so lost..

It is normal to feel lost. It is still very recent. Is there anything that brings you comfort? 

• Members

I tried this, but for me it was not a happy experience, as all I thought of was how much I would have enjoyed it if only I had my husband with me. Two years later, I was okay with a cruise, and five years later I actually took a trip I enjoyed. I think it depends totally on what will work for you. Do what you feel will be best ,,, getting away from everything, or aiting for a while. But certainly experiencing new things does help to refocus on your new life.

• Moderators

Maybe baby steps...

I've taken short trips, a few hours away, that's all.  With sisters, friends, not alone.  Maybe someday I'll brave one alone.

Archived