Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Am I cursed?!

Krantz

• Members

I lost my fiancé 1 month ago from a sudden heart attack.  We were supposed to get married in September and our wedding planning was all complete.  6 years ago I lost my first husband from a rare bone cancer.  I was with him for 7 years and was diagnosed after 6 years being together.  He proposed to me after his second round of treatments then passed away 1 year later.  We were planning a wedding in October of 2010 (again all the planning was done) but since the cancer came back in his heart, we had a quick ceremony at our church then planned on having our actual wedding as a renewing our vows.  I'm only 30 years old and I cannot believe I'm experiencing my second lost.  I feel like I'm cursed. 

• Members
claribassist13

Not cursed. Maybe you just happen to stumble across those who need your help. That is never a bad thing. 

• Members

Thank you. I've heard that from others. I just find it hard to believe since you fallen in love and planned a future with them then suddenly your hopes and dreams vanish. I feel like it's a slap in the face by saying "nope!"

• Moderators

When I lost my husband, I think I looked for answers to the "why" where there were none.  Eventually I  quit asking "why" and focused on what do I do now.  That is going to look different to all of us as we learn to process and adjust to this life changing occurrence.  It's taken me more time than I care to say, but I've tried to make my life what I want it to be, in spite of the absence of the person I'd hoped to grow old with.

• Members

Especially when your loved one passed away so suddenly then all your hopes and dreams vanish at a blink of an eye. I'm still traumatized of the day of his day. I'm having a hard time trying to think of the good memories of him, but I keep picturing the day of his death.. 

• Members
Jeff In Denver
5 hours ago, Krantz said:

Especially when your loved one passed away so suddenly then all your hopes and dreams vanish at a blink of an eye. I'm still traumatized of the day of his day. I'm having a hard time trying to think of the good memories of him, but I keep picturing the day of his death.. 

Well said. I think that's fairly normal to remember only the worst moments.  In time, they say, that should balance out.  I don't know if this helps:  

Archived