Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Have you received any signs from your loss?!

Krantz

• Members

When my fiancé Adam passed away, I had some I guess signs from him or if they're just a coincidence. 3 weeks before he passed away, we were in CA visiting his family and attended his cousins wedding. On the plane ride back, we decided to watch The Aquatic Life with Steve Zissiou (one of his favorite movies). About 1 week after he passed his friend forward me a picture slide show that he created playing the song Staralfur (from that movie) as the background song. Even before he had passed away, that song always reminded me of him. It's beautiful. Anyways, that same day I went to his brother/sister-in-laws house and we turned on the tv. That same movie happened to be on tv. Never seen it on tv before, I was just blown away. Another interesting experience was at his parents house. Adam grew up in the same house since he was 6 until he moved out after college. We bought his mother a hanging flower plant like we do every year for Mother's Day. About 3-4 days after he passed, a hummingbird was feeding off the flowers. Hummingbirds are normally attracted to red flowers, but these flowers are yellow and don't typically attract them. His parents and his brother never saw a hummingbird in their yard before. I remember Adam pointing one out to me when we visited CA. It was just bizarre. I wonder if these were signs?  Any experiences that you experienced after your loss? Any signs of him/her!?

• Members
claribassist13

I've received several little signals from my fiance. I have always personally believed that those who have passed can and do visit the living. 

For example, the first week after his death I stayed at his parent's house to plan the memorial service for them. Because we had other family come in from out of town, someone was going to have to sleep in his room. I volunteered to do it because for some reason being in his room/bed made me feel just a little closer to him. We spent so much time in his room just hanging out. Anyway, I went to bed that night and I swear that I could feel the body heat from another person in the bed. It was positioned in a way that made me think that it had to be him. No one else has ever held me that way he did. 

• Members

Oh I like that sign. I truly believe our loved ones come back to visit us and letting us know they're okay. 

• Members
MissYouRich

My husband passed away on June 20th, 2016, and I keep thinking he is giving me signs but then I second guess myself… What do you all think?  Twice while I was having weak moments, my dog came over to me, put his paw on me and then winked at me with the same eye my husband was winking at me with the last few weeks of his life. I have never seen my dog do that so I thought it had to be him.  Then, I woke up and smelled him, but it went away so fast.  The last thing that has happened is my computer wouldn't load so after restarting it, a picture of a jersey my son bought my husband for Christmas popped up.  

• Members

I have received so many signs that I really believe they are trying console us. Sometimes when I am crying I have felt like someone is there almost like I am getting a hug. Or I am just sitting down on the bed thinking & I feel someone is sitting next to me. Its only for a moment but I know what I felt. When I have those moments I just talk to him hoping he can hear me.

I truly believe that the love that we all shared with our partners doesn't stop because physically they aren't here. They have to be missing us as much as we miss them.

• Members

I really do think those are all signs from our loved ones. They say, it will happen when you least expect it. 

• Members
Jeff In Denver

I lost my girlfriend, Mila, three weeks ago.  I feel shattered.

I was driving to a foot massage place one day (she didn't like me going there), and I got a flat tire.  I will never go back.

Over a week ago a bird nest appeared over my front door, with the mother.

I have been finding pennies on the street.

This is odd:  A friend of mine from up the street was on the bus yesterday and saw a lady who looked like Mila staring at her.  They both stared at each other,  Finally, the other lady said that she thought she had recognized my friend.  And then she got off the bus.  Weird...

• Members
6 hours ago, Jeff In Denver said:

I lost my girlfriend, Mila, three weeks ago.  I feel shattered.

I was driving to a foot massage place one day (she didn't like me going there), and I got a flat tire.  I will never go back.

Over a week ago a bird nest appeared over my front door, with the mother.

I have been finding pennies on the street.

This is odd:  A friend of mine from up the street was on the bus yesterday and saw a lady who looked like Mila staring at her.  They both stared at each other,  Finally, the other lady said that she thought she had recognized my friend.  And then she got off the bus.  Weird...

First I'm so sorry for your loss. There are so many ways they show us they are still with us.  I look forward to seeing those signs. It brings me comfort. 

• Members

Wow Jeff! Those are really nice signs of Mila reaching out to you!! 

• Members
Jeff In Denver
16 hours ago, Millie681 said:

First I'm so sorry for your loss. There are so many ways they show us they are still with us.  I look forward to seeing those signs. It brings me comfort. 

Thank you...  Have you had signs?

• Members
MadelineMQ

I believe signs are all around us as long as you don't shut yourself away and blind yourself to them. I always hear people saying things like "maybe it's just a coincidence" or "it was just something dumb I'm trying to turn into a sign", but I think it's important to keep in mind that even though our loved ones are with us in a different form we can't understand, they don't have the power to work miracles or send us spectacularly obvious signs each day. Imagine if it did work that way--we would never have to be sad! You would see their name written in the clouds, their favorite song would turn on on your radio in the middle of the night while you're sleeping, you would have vivid dreams of them telling you "I'm here, it's alright" every night. Sorry to say, that's just not how it's ever worked and not how it ever will work. I believe the signs their able to send are small, we have to be aware and we have to trust that it's them sending these signs to us. When you feel in your heart that it's a sign, I say it's not coincidence, it's them sending you that specific sign because they know you well enough to know that you'll feel it. And you do; that's a sign. :-)

I read an interesting book a couple days after my fiance passed that truly helped me to answer the questions like "where is he?", "is he grieving?", or "is he in a better place?". It's called The Light Between Us by Laura Lynne Jackson (a certified medium) and you can get it on Amazon for under $20. I, myself, am not a particularly religious person but I am spiritual, I do believe in some sort of God, and I do believe there is something for us after our physical bodies fail. Regardless of what you believe, however, I found this book to be extremely beneficial in my healing process. It talks about signs as well--what we should expect, and what we are expecting that's unrealistic.  I hope some of you might order it and find comfort in it as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Light-Between-Us-Stories-Heaven/dp/0812987926/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467908733&sr=8-1&keywords=light+between+us

• Members
Jeff In Denver
15 hours ago, Krantz said:

Wow Jeff! Those are really nice signs of Mila reaching out to you!! 

Krantz, how about you?  Any signs so far?  I have another one.  As posted in another area, I was looking for a non-sexual sleeping companion for comfort.  She turned out to be wanting more than that.  I feel ashamed, embarrassed, and very low for what we did,  I feel that I let Mila down, that I disrespected her memory.  I vowed to have learned from this.

Anyway, after we had fun my visitor started acting like she was on something, and kept falling everywhere.  I thought she was going to get hurt.   I was able to get some clothes on her and take her to my car (she had arrived by bus) to get her the hell out of my house.  She gave me a wrong address and was too drunk to tell me where she lived.  I took her to a hospital and got home at midnight.  I am exhausted,  It was a nightmare.  Very stressful.  I believe it was Mila showing me that this was NOT the way to honor her.   I cried, apologized to Mila, and am trying to forgove myself. I won't do that again.

• Members
1 hour ago, Jeff In Denver said:

Thank you...  Have you had signs?

Yes I have. I have had them from the very 1st week that he passed. I get different signs but one sticks out more.....I would always joke that he looked like a panda. Now I see pandas in the most random places. It makes me smile. 

• Members

I received several signs from Adam. Last week, his mom put some fresh pink roses in a small vase from her garden so I can take to work and place them on my desk. The night before we had some rain, so the roses still had rain drops on them. His mom said that when she was cutting the roses in the backyard, she felt a calm feeling as if he was there to comfort her. So those raindrops stayed on the roses all day even until I finished work at 5pm. Back in March, his mom and I went to see The Sound of Music musical in Philly and that's one of her favorites. Adam knew all the songs. So the song, These are a few of my favorite things, the first verse goes "raindrop on roses and whiskers on kittens." Hmm those raindrops stayed on those roses for 9 plus hours at my temperature hot work.. Maybe there is a scientific reason, but it's still bizarre to me..

image.jpeg

• Moderators

I think when you see something that would be especially meaningful to the two of you, that may be them letting us know they're still with us.  Our home is on a hill so our patio is on stilts, and we have hanging planters the full length of it.  We always enjoyed tending our flowers and hummingbirds and spent a great deal of time out on our patio.  The year my husband died the pansies especially flourished, better than I'd ever seen before.  The year following his death, a single pansy came up below our deck, I've never had that happen before or since.  To think it could have come from our planter and fallen down and took root and made it through the winter snows, just to push it's face up through the earth to show me its existence...and a pansy of all things!  That is the flower that meant the most to my husband and I as he called it the smiling flower.  How could I not think it was a sign! :)

• Members

Wow what a beautiful story KayC. I honestly believe our loved ones come to visit. I hope the signs continue to come as time goes on. The signs I've so far experienced, happened here and there. I just hope they're not a coincidence. 

• Members

I absolutely believe in signs, and whether other people can see their significance or not, they are beautiful moments that help us get through the hard days. For example, my boyfriend Dillon and I spent a lot of time out in nature, enjoying trees, animals, etc. He was killed in an accident in the evening, and his mother opted to bury him the very next morning in their private family cemetery without letting anyone know a funeral was occurring. This combined with the fact that I was across the country at the time meant there was no way for me to be present when he was buried, and I was even further devastated. To cope, I drove to the beach and hiked out onto the edge of a pile of rocks. Despite the fact that it was not their normal migration season, there were a dozen or so whales incredibly close to the rock. I sat down and immediately, a huge whale breached so close to me that I could have jumped into its mouth if I'd wanted to. It was a beautiful moment, and as I watched the whales for the next couple of hours, I felt amazingly close to Dillon.

I also see mourning doves...everywhere. All the time. They land on my car. They next in my windows. One even landed on my shoulder the other day when I was getting ready to visit the cemetery.

Sometimes I try to make myself be realistic and tell myself that perhaps these things would be happening regardless of whether I was there or not. However, in many cases, I truly do feel that our loved ones are reaching out to us. Hang in there, enjoy the simple moments of contact as they come, and keep your memories of your love alive in your heart.

Archived