Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My dad

momof2intn

• Members
momof2intn

My dad died Tuesday. I didn't realize it would be this hard :(. It has been hard to even get out of bed. I am crying less, but that is mostly because my head is so sore it hurts to cry now. I feel so lost and I can't believe I will never see him again :(. Just needed to say that I know people are tired of me being so down, but I really can't help it. Thanks for listening...

• Members

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. Don't worry about other people just look after yourself as best you can. It sounds like you're in massive shock.

My Dad died suddenly 6 weeks ago, the pain isn't any less than it was when he died. Not saying this to scare you, but from what I read online the pain doesn't lessen, you learn to cope with it and you've got to go through it to get through it.

You're not alone if you want to chat

• Members

Mom of 2:  I know what you mean about people being tired of you being down.  I worry that my friends and hubby feel that way.  Hubby has been super supportive but I wonder if he wishes I would "get over it."  He hasn't given indication that he feels that way but I wonder...I'm having a hard time being open to intimacy because the most prominent emotion I"m dealing with now is sadness.    I also feel lost.  I feel like an abandoned child even though I am a 38 year old woman.  I miss him so much and feel lost without him.  

I want to be better but I'm having a hard time getting there.

Archived