Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my husband of three weeks to suicude

KensLove

• Members

Hello.  I am here because I am lost.  My partner of 25 years married me three weeks ago.  We owned a home and a business together.  He was the only father my children ever knew.  On Monday I came home from work to find him dead on the kitchen floor from gas inhalation.  He has been struggling for some time. I believe he had fears of dementia but he never actually said so.  I see now that he married me after 25 years so Zi could get his social security but we were not married long enough.    The business was failing and we had just bought a smaller place which I will now be moving in to alone.  I have to shut down our business and do the move alone.  I am leaving behind all of our memories.  Family and friends have been great but they have their own lives.  I don't know how to feel or what to think or do.

Archived