Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Trying to find the strength to go home

youngwidow27

• Members
youngwidow27

It has been one month since my husband passed away. He passed away at home.

Some moments it still seems like a bad dream. 

I haven't been home in a month. After my husband passed, we stayed in a hotel for a week, then went and stayed with family out of state.

Today we started our journey back to our house. I am not sure how I feel about it yet. I am afraid that I will just want to run away again. 

Has anyone lived in the house that your spouse died in? I am so worried I will not be able to handle it. I mostly want to try for my son.  

• Members

I am sure that you will find the strength to go back to your home although there will be many reminders. I never left our home and it has taken time to adjust to  the new reality but I found it was better for me to confront my feelings.

Best wishes

Simon

• Members

Youngwidow27,

Im completely sorry for your lost. I lost my boyfriend back in February of this year and we had a place together as well. There were plenty of nights when I couldn't stay in there, so many memories. I stayed at the place for 4 days and that's all I could do. I would just cry and cry. Those 4 days was tough too. I stayed there because I had to find a way to deal with the lost of my boyfriend. I end up moving too because the place was too expensive. Its going on 4 months on the 15th that I have been dealing with it. I been praying for GOD to give me strength through this situation and comfort my heart. He has been doing that but I still will always have my moments. We have to stay as possible and GOD will see us through. Just put your faith and trust in him and watch him work. Feel free to message me if you need too

• Members

My husband committed suicide in the house three days ago. We are we're in the middle of planning a move next month. It is hard to be here but it will be harder to go somewhere else with no memories. I wish you luck

Archived