Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Fiancé died suddenly

Lyssie31

• Members

Hi, my fiancé passed way 2 days ago.  He collapsed suddenly 3 days ago and they couldn't save him.  He had big bleed on the brain.  He was ok talking to me and then 5 minutes later he was gone.  I miss him so much I'm walking around in a daze.  We have a 3 year old and a 6 month old and it breaks my heart that they will never see him or remember him.  How will I ever get through this? I just want to see him, to hear his voice again and laughing playing with the kids.  We had such a short time together.  

• Members

Good morning. I will probably write more  later. I am sorry for your loss.

My fiance died suddenly as well as a result of a brain bleed/aneurysm on April 1st.

One minute we were talking and the next minute he was groaning and awful growl.  I did cpr and he was stable.

he passed away at the hospital.   I am barely functioning.  I cry all the time and I am in grief support and therapy.  I just offer to get some good people around you.  That will help, but it feels awful.  Just awful.  You are not alone.

• Members

Thank you for replying.  How are you doing now? I think I'm still in shock.  All day I just keep saying to myself he was ok.  I want him to come back so much.  It doesn't seem real. I'm only getting through the days for the children.  I just want to curl up and sleep all the time but I can't.  I can't stay where we were living it's too painful to stay as it was our place that we had together.  I just can't believe I'm never going to see his beautiful eyes again or cuddle up to him at night.  

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss.  My fiancé passed away april 16th.  He had been sick in the hospital for 3 weeks.  We were to marry may 7 but now I'm planning his funeral.  I am lost just like you are.  We were raising my special needs son together.  He doesn't understand.  I'm in a fog.  Taking one day at a time.  I miss him terribly.

• Members
claribassist13

Lyssie31, 

I am so horribly sorry for your loss. 
Isn't it interesting how we have all experienced this sort of loss, and yet we still don't really know what to say?

Please just know that you are not alone. It's almost impossible to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but others have told me it's there, so for now I will believe them. Sometimes we just have to rely on the fact that other people can see beyond what we can. 

Love those two kids. They are going to be what helps you through the day. 

Archived