Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lonely

Yvetta

• Members

I lost my husband, my best friend, on March 7 to brain cancer.  My whole world is gone.  I have 2 special needs sons to take care of all alone now.  I am devastated.  

• Members

I am so very sorry for your loss Yvetta. Do you have any other family or friends to lean on for support? What about a support system like church or work? How old are your sons? Do you work? 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Thank you.  I do have good friends and family who are here for me.  But at the same time, I feel so alone.  My husband and I were a team when it came to taking care of our boys.  He was the backbone of our family.  I am a teacher but am on leave right now.  I probably won't go back this school year.  Thank you for your response.  

• Members

I am so sorry that your husband has left earth Yvetta. I feel your pain. My husband passed on February 11th and I am struggling to cope. It is overwhelmingly hard. It is shocking still. I ache for him. I crave him. I miss him more than anyone understands. My soul and mind feel broken. I feel lost. I feel shattered. I cant think about the future because it overwhelms me. Hour by hour .... this hour all I have to do is make some food and eat it. I cannot imagine how it feels for your husband to be gone now leaving your partnership to just you. You, now missing your other half, to do all that he did to help, support and love your sons. Be gentle with yourself. Be soft. Share your grief and your pain with them if you can. Dont 'be strong' how everybody says.. You already are strong. I send you courage. Hour by hour.....

• Members
On March 16, 2016 at 4:34 AM, MyJules said:

I am so sorry that your husband has left earth Yvetta. I feel your pain. My husband passed on February 11th and I am struggling to cope. It is overwhelmingly hard. It is shocking still. I ache for him. I crave him. I miss him more than anyone understands. My soul and mind feel broken. I feel lost. I feel shattered. I cant think about the future because it overwhelms me. Hour by hour .... this hour all I have to do is make some food and eat it. I cannot imagine how it feels for your husband to be gone now leaving your partnership to just you. You, now missing your other half, to do all that he did to help, support and love your sons. Be gentle with yourself. Be soft. Share your grief and your pain with them if you can. Dont 'be strong' how everybody says.. You already are strong. I send you courage. Hour by hour.....

• Members

Praying for you, MyJules.  Everything you described is exactly how I'm feeling.  Everyday I wake up is just another day to miss him and not be with him.  That's all I feel every morning.  This grief is consuming me.  It seems so surreal that he's gone and isn't coming back.  He was my everything.  My boys miss him so much and ask me why he can't come back.

Archived