Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I haven't seen her in 9 yrs and never will!

alejandro72

• Members
alejandro72

My name is Alejandro, I'm 36 yrs old, and I've been living ilegally in te U.S.A. for almost 20 yrs,only 2 times I went to (Mexico) my country, last time I went was 9 yrs ago I went for 3 weeks I saw all my Family,I tried to get a visa so I could come back legally but the american embassy denied it to me, so I paid ($2500.00)some one to help me cross the border,5 years ago my sister which is like a second mother to me was diagnosed with cancer in the stomach we all in the Family were worried, we helped her and supported her when she took quimotherapy and some natural treatmens,she beat that cancer,two months ago she whent to the doctor and they did some tests and told her to come back for the results,5 days before she got the results she had some terrible pain below her belly and they told her that she needed an operation cuz her appendix was infected and needed that operation,while she was at the hospital my niece when to pick up her results from two months before and she was diagnosed with colon cancer,when the doctors did the opration about the appendix they made the cancer to spread to different organs,in the last three weeks she is been loosing a lot of weight and a week ago my family had to take her to the hospital and they told mi niece that there is nothing they can do and that the best thing for was to take her mother to her house and die among her children and family,since I can't go and visit my Family the only way to be informed of everything that is going on with her is by phone,now she is in her bed dying last night they told me that her body is gone and only her skin is on her bones, I wish I was legal in this country so I could go and see her before she is gone.I hope there is inmmigration reform soon cuz like me there is a lot of people whos family dies and because our situation we can't go and see them,

• Members
alejandro72

my sister died yesterday at 11:05,after a few minutes that i got the news I cried for about 20 or 25 minutes I guess I got tired,then I thanked god for taking her without suffering or in pain,my family told me that she died peacefullly,now they have her in the casket is her front yard and all my family and the people from her congragation (she was a Johova witness) are with her,tomorrow she will be buried at noon.knowing that she is sourrended by all this people makes my griving lighter,I wish I was there.I hope that moment come soon.

• Members

I'am so sorry about your sister. I have a friend in the same position as you only it's his father who is ill with prostate cancer. I hope the reform comes soon as well. Keep all papers that show how long you have been here. They may help in time. Also start to save some money if you can as you may still need a attorney even with any immigration change.  For my friend who got married with his girlfriend in order to get his papers, the attorney was $ 2500. Plus the filing fee for the papers is $1300.  So start to save up money now and good luck. You are in my prayers. Peace, Angel.

• Members
alejandro72

Hi Angel!thanks you for posting something on my title,unfourtunatly I found out that the grandmother of some one I know died last week and he is from Poland and could not go cuz the same reason,it's horrible not been able to see your loved ones for the last time but our future and well being is at play so we have to live with the decision that we make no matter how painful that decision is ,a lot of Americans are against an immigration reform specially now with so much unemployment going on and bad economy,  most of the people always say that we should have come legally,all I have to say is that the people that come ilegally we apreciate and are greatful for what we have achive in this country and that we wished we could have gotten a visa like a lot people do,people that come with visas and planned to stay here they always try find some one that they can marry to so they don't have to be here ilegally,some find some one even if they have to fake a marrige well, they paid them,some don't find any body,thanks for your advice about saving money for the expenses that are about to come if the goverment passes the reform,

I already have money saved I am a massage therapist and a server I make good money and since I came to this country I studied and work,we have to take advantage of the oppotunities that this coutry offers even if you are not lagal here, you can do a lot more than in our own country.

• Administrators

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields

- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.

- Facebook and Twitter Integration

- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"

- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.

- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board

- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it.

- Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other.

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family

Archived