Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Medical misadventure caused my sons death

Donnah

• Members

My son Dylan age 22 died of a pulmonary embolism 26/12. Despite numerous doctors visits where his pain was misdiagnosed and then finally a trip to Hosptial where his deep vein thrombosis was diagnosed but not hospitalised he died from a completely preventable condition. Now we are in the process of not only grieving but also a medical misadventure case that is going to take 6 or more months. I struggle with everything day to day as well as having to research what happened to Dylan and how the so called experts (murdered) him for want of a better word.

• Members
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Donnah ~

I am sooo sorry to read of the unconthiable loss of your dear son, Dylan.

I hope and pray the steps you are taking in regards to the medical mayhem

Put upon your son by the medical community comes out as you need it to.

In the mean time ~

Losing your child, in itself is a mothers worst nightmare come true, to say the least.

I lost tw sons.

Rocky @ 21 ~ motorcycle accident ~ then ~

Ronnie @ 34 ~ suicide

I share this to let you know, even tho our circumstances are different ~~~~

I sure know the nightmare / heart break of losing a child.

Please know, if you need to talk to a mother who knows more than she ever wanted. To know about losing her kids ~

All that one goes thru in this kind of beareavment ~

I am sure I have been there, felt that, ect.

I really care about you & your family ~

Rainie ~

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Donnah....so sorry to hear you lost your SONshine boy.....we lost our beloved, beautiful boy, John David, in 2012...he was 42....it was as if I was placed in a foreign country and had no map or compass to find my way...this kind of grief is very heavy and dark....hard to find a path to put your feet on. This kind of grief can impact a parent in very physical and emotional ways...so we always tell parents to 'self care'....be very kind and gentle with yourself...drink lots of fluids and do whatever you feel like will give you some comfort.

Please go to the site called 'Loss of Adult Child'....you will find many active parents on that site...and many are like you...not only are they having to deal with the issues of grieving...but are in situations and circumstances where they have to fight for justice for their child in the way they died. You will find that we don't have any answers...but we hold hands and hearts and we find that we don't have to walk this grief journey alone. Many walk in your shoes.

Please tell us more about your boy...and how you are doing. Peace to you.post-306805-0-07137100-1456321213_thumb.post-306805-0-75654900-1456321268_thumb.

• Members

Some days are so hard. Today I had a call from the ambulance service telling me that they are investigating Dylan's death and the paramedic failed to do basic assessment and complete paperwork. They have also not been able to find other paperwork I requested. The guy tells me they are all very sorry etc and now I can't stop the tears. Everytime I think I'm doing ok something like this happens and I'm back to being unable to function.

• Members
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Oh Donnah ~

Again , I an so sorry for the loss of your dear son ~

I so understand and relate you your experience where it seems when things may be simmering down a little , then bam !

Something like what you shared crops up right into your face and Pearces your already broken heart AGAIN.

I so remember so much pain & sorrow & heart ache when each of my sons died.

Please know I care and you are not alone in that there are others , all at different places in the loss f their dear children.

Rainie

Archived