Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Heart broken!

RubysDad

• Members

Had put put my cat Ruby to sleep this week, he was in pain and myself and my partner agreed it was the best thing. I couldnt be in the room while the vet put him to sleep, I couldnt bear it. I sat in the car and sobbed my eyes out. I havent been able to stop since. Im consumed with guilt about it. He was best friend, I can hardly bear to put my key in the house door because he isnt here anymore, Im sitting here in floods of tears. First pet Ive ever had to put to sleep. When does it get better, the pain is unbearable!

• Members

RubysDad, I had to go through the same thing yesterday with my precious cat Tabby, so I know how you feel. Not everyone can understand what it's like to love a pet so much that it seems your grief will never end. I was in the room when Tabby was put to sleep, and I placed my fingers on her shoulder, but I couldn't watch. I had to turn my head away and I cried like a baby. I couldn't look at her after she was gone either.  The pain is unbearable right now. I just hope it's going to start getting a little easier for all of us as time goes by. Right now, I can't see that happening, but reading the posts here helps because we know we're not alone in this grief.

Archived