Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Just need to share my pain

dannysmemory

• Members
dannysmemory

Just need a place to share my pain with people that understand.  My son Danny was killed in a car wreck 3 years ago.(Jan. 20 2006)  Another boy was driving.  He walked away without a scratch.  Danny was ejected from the car and died at the hospital..  I cry all the time.  It is hard to go through life with out him.  I just don't understand how it all happened..  They said that the boy was driving about 90mph when he lost control and hit the light pole.  The boy who was driving had gotten a ticket for wreckless driving a month before and got another one two months after Danny was killed.  We don't know why Danny got in the car with him that night they weren't even friends I guess it was becouse he had a new mustang I guess that was the prize he got for getting the first wreckless driving ticket.  We went to court the guy only got 2 years probation..  and he still didn't learn his lesson..   He got a new car out of the deal..  Tell me where the justice is in that.  The night Danny died they tested him for drugs and alchol but didn't test the boy who was driving...  Apparently money can buy any thing.  In our town we call the DA's office the good old boys club and if you are not a member you get no justice. 

I miss Danny so much he was only 16 years old and so full of life....

• Members

Dannys mom (dad ?) , I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my only child, my daughter Bethany at the age of 17 to sudden heart death on Sept 20, 2008.  She went out with friends on a Friday night and never came home again .  I also miss her so much, as you do your dear Danny.  Please join us on the thread "Loss of an Adult Child"  there are many mothers and fathers there who understand how you feel, there are parents who have  lost teenagers, infants and adult children on this thread.  Come and read and post when you can and tell us more about the life of your dear Danny.  I am not sure why we have all 'settled' on that thread but we are a family who support each other...when one is down the rest of us try our best to pick them up, it is a big circle so to speak, we all have good and bad days.... some have been posting for as long a 6 years others are brand new.  Please join us when you feel up to it.

Hugs and Welcome,     Marcia    Bethany's Mom Forever

• Members

Dannysmomma

I too lost a 16 year old son.  Talk about senseless, my son was on the hood of the car and the driver was going 68mph in a 25mph residential area (1/4 mile from our home).

Driver hit 3 trees and Brian flew off the hood, hit the ground and died at the scene.  This stunt is called "car-surfing."  That happened on 6-19-08.  Brian would have been 18 on 7-12-09.

The driver was not drinking or doing drugs.  He is now convicted of Homicide by neglegent use of a motor vehicle.  He was sentenced to 5 months in jail (huber) and 5 years probation.  For his probation, he has to give 10 speachs a year for 5 years on the dangers of car-surfing.  He is also a felon.

I know your pain.  Sorry the driver did not get punished as he should have.  What state are you from?  I live in Wisconsin and the driver was arrested immediately.

Stay with us and talk.  We know how you feel and we will try to help you.

Thanks

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

Danny's mom or dad, I am glad that you found a place in which to let your emotions out. WE are as Marcia said, a biggish group, but a very good group to join. We do indeed take care of one another. My own child, Erica, died nearly 6 years ago when a train hit her car in kalamazoo, Michigan. We live just outside Chicago, but she was living there with my Son, Jon. She died 6 days later. The light was broken at the crossing and there was no crossarm. Life goes on but very differently. Come join us and let us help you.

Dee

Archived