Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my soulmate & best friend

delaine

• Members

I was married for 35+ years.He was my anchor to life. I have screwed up sooo much since he's been gone and he would roll over in his grave if he was watching my decisions.I can not function without him It has been 11 yrs since he passed and I still can not talk about him without crying..I miss him SOOO much and pray every night God will let me join him but wake up every morning with my   prayers  not answered. 

It's so hard to go on without him,being a christian I know I can not take my own life but I hope something happens to me that can take me home to him

It really doesn't get easier as time doesn't heal all

• Members

Delaine,

I am so very sorry you have suffered such a devastating loss. You say it's been 11 years since he died; have you considered therapy? Do you talk about him to anyone? Have you ever considered writing a journal or writing a letter to him? It sounds as though you need some professional advice. Many communities have grief and loss support groups, and they are usually offered by funeral homes. Normally, they are free to join. Perhaps you could do some research and find one near you.

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss! I just lost the love of my

Life 5 weeks ago in a sudden motorcycle accident! I had a horrible feeling all week told him the night before when he didn't buy a truck he had intended to buy. That morning I was kissing him in the kitchen holding him tight thinks he should take the jeep today. I didn't say anythingbandvthat evening he was hit by a van that didn't see him

Pulled out right in front of him! Two days before thanksgiving. I am destroyed and sick of ppl saying I'll be okay I'm young I'll heal! I can't! We met when we were 17. I'm 38 and lost and I can't deal with the pain. A long life seems scary and I pray everyday for death.

• Members

Lost my husband a year ago. He went for surgery general anesthesy taking out his wisdom tooth and he couldn't regain conciousness.he was only 39. I've died along wiz him. I'm just surviving for my two sons.one is 10 and the other 8. Lost my father when I was 15. I know wat its like to grow up without a father. My husband also lost his father at the age of 13. We understood each other. He was my saviour. Now feeling so lost. Trying to live with the pain but its so difficult.

Archived