Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Can't get over my late wife

Sarahshusband

• Members
Sarahshusband
I lost the love of my life July 16, 2014 and I can't get over it.  I have a new woman in my life and she is wonderful, but Sarah is the only woman I ever wanted.  Sarah was so witty, colorful, charming, smart, beautiful, and tall.  But she had severe mental illness and had tried so many times to kill herself.  But her nurse practitioner mis-medicated her and in the early summer of 2014 she went manic.

We had the smallest of altercations, drinks were thrown on each other, but she called the police and lied so I was charged with domestic battery and ordered no have no contact with her.  She became depressed and just as were to be reunited, she intentionally overdosed.  Oh God!  How I regret my mistakes – I meant well and I loved her so much.  It was her step-mother-in law that left her all alone  in a depressed and despondent state with all these pysch meds she'd bought her.  And then she called and threatened Sarah if she got back together with me.

I honestly sometimes think that if I knew I'd be with Sarah again I'd kill myself, but then I know the pain it would cause my family.  I miss her so much. I don't know what to do.

post-403720-0-94862400-1448077510_thumb.

• Members

Sarahshusband,

I am very sorry about your loss. I really believe you need someone who is a professional to talk to about your loss and your relationship. It sounds as though you have some serious issues to address about a relationship that had some struggles. Killing yourself to be with someone is not the answer to your problems. Instead, focus on getting some help to sort through your feelings and figure out how to begin to heal. 

We will be with you,

ModKonnie

• Members
Miriamhuerta60

Sarah wouldn't want you to hurt yourself. She loved you and you loved her. Live your life in her honor. So everything's can to make her proud. One day you will see your angel again but you must carry her with you for now til that time. I understand ur pain and I'm very sorry. If you would like to ever talk more u can add me www.Facebook.com/go.miriam.go

• Members
Sarahshusband

Thanks for your replies.  I was at one time suicidal, but not now.  I just find myself in such despair at times.  I feel like I failed Sarah.  I feel so empty when I'm alone.  I miss the life we had together.   It would be nice to believe I'll see her someday, but I have no evidence of that.  I've prayed to be able to see and talk with her one more time, but that hasn't happened.  It just seems so unfair.

• Members
Miriamhuerta60

I pray all the time to see Brandon and sometimes I do but it's never how to was when he was alive. It's like he's still alive but I can't find him. I can never get to him. It's torture. I understand the pain of losing a loved one. It's the worst feeling in the world. Some days I'm numb and try to put on a show like I'm okay other days like today I am so angry at how this is my life and at everything. But you have to be strong. Even though there is no evidence give it time. She will come to you one day you just have to have faith and believe. Believe that when the time is right you will see her

Archived