Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my better half 3 weeks ago today

grendelprime

• Members

3 weeks ago I kissed my wife good bye and left for work. I happen to work mid-nights and came home in the morning and let our dogs outside only to notice my wife was not yet up. Most mornings she would be on the couch watching tv when I got home in the morning from work. I thought she must still be sleeping so I went up stairs and discovered her dead on our bedroom floor. She had suffered a heart attack sometime after I left for work. We were married for 17 years. She was my best friend, my rock, my angel. There not enough words to describe how wonderful she was or how devastated I am at losing her. Everywhere I look I see her things in the house and its like having my heart ripped out every-time I see something that reminds me of her. The thought of going through life never hearing her voice or seeing her smile is killing me. I am not sure what to do with myself and I have no idea how someone recovers from losing their spouse.I lost both my parents within a 4-5 year period and thought that was horrible. There is no comparison to the pain I am feeling losing my wife. Not sure what to do..

• Members

Grendelprime,

So sorry for your loss, I can empathize at this awful time for you. The loss of a partner is so difficult as that is the very person you lean on in times of crisis and they are no longer there. Try to take as much care of yourself as possible and it does get easier with time. It is a long process, at least it was for me, but it is possible to get through it and find a new purpose in life.

Peace and hope 

• Members
Sarahshusband

Sorry to hear about your loss.  It is important to get out and exercise and be around people.  If it weren't for my children and my staying active I would have never survived my wife's suicide.

Archived