Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my husband to overdose on Labor day 2015

Krististn

• Members

Labor day weekend 2015...3 day weekend for both of us. It was about 7pm when he came into our room and asked me to come with him to push our 2 year old daughter in the swing with him. 30 minutes later he was gone...after pushing our daughter in the swing I went back inside. About 20 minutes had passed. I went to the bathroom to check on him. His head was slumped over on the bath tub with a needle next to him. I kept trying to hold his head and screaming "wake up!" I called 911. They were not even in there for 5 minutes before they came out and said he was gone. They just left him in our bathroom for hours. Everyday I wake up to relive this nightmare. He had been clean for 2 years..we were together for 3 years. I wish he would have told me what he was about to do. I feel guilty and I don't know why. I miss him so much..I loved him since I was 15 years old. I lost my husband at the age of 23. My daughter lost her wonderful amazing daddy. I will NEVER love anyone as much as I loved him. No one will ever conpair..

RIP Dylan

I miss you...I love you...

post-403596-0-93503100-1445972229_thumb.

• Members

I just don't know what to do anymore...it's like everyday I live just waiting to die. I'm 23 (and so was he). My ex boyfriend who was also childhood friends with my husband has been here for me...he said he talked to Dylan and would take care of me and our daughter for Dylan...he calls me everyday to make sure I'm okay and give my daughter a hug for him..he's a really nice guy...but I love my husband...I miss him..it's not fair to my ex because my husband is all I want. All I want is to die and see him again...

• Members
RaedwolfDelaroca

My heart goes out to you. My wife passed away on October 15th of this year due to cirrhosis of the liver. She was 27 and it was alcohol related. I know just how you feel. The last day my wife was conscious, I said goodbye and went to work. When I came home, she was unresponsive, and every breath she took gurgled in the most horrific way. I called 911. EMTs arrived as my wife was going into cardiac arrest did CPR on her on the floor of our apartment. They got her stable enough to keep her alive but she never regained consciousness, never came back to me. Per her wishes, I had to tell them to take her off life support five days later. I hate everything about life right.

I have no helpful words because I'm in the same space you are. Every day is a new Hell. I'm crying as I'm writing this, wishing I knew what to say to you or to me.

It's so sad you had no warning. I can't imagine what that must be like. My wife was diagnosed and there was some ability for me to prepare mentally but you must be feeling so crazy lost. When my wife passed, she was in a hospital. I still can't fully wrap my head around it, but it's done. Maybe, some time down the line, a long way away from now, you might somehow be thankful for the fact that you didn't have to watch him go through a prolonged suffering.

Here's something I read in a book. Not my own words, but it may help you. I'm trying to make it help me, but it's hard.

"It may seem to you that your life is over now. Your future without the person you love is no future at all.

Death is a head-on collision with your plans.

But everything in life--the gold fillings of your teeth, the cotton of your sheets, the air you breathe, all the food you will ever eat--everything was born from a collision.

Inside every single thing that lives is a debt to a distant star that died. Nothing new is ever created without one thing colliding into another.

And something new is created when the person you love dies.

Because they are not the only ones who die: you die, too. The person you were when you were with them is gone just as surely as they are.

This is what you should know about losing somebody you love. They do not travel alone. You go with them."

• Members
Miriamhuerta60

I'm very sorry for ur loss. I lost my soulmate to heroin. It's the most horrible pain I've ever felt in my life. I lost him the 3rd of this month. I feel so much anger and pain. I understand a lot of the feelings you feel. I am 25 and my boyfriend was only 22. I know we don't know each other and that you have your ex to talk to but it's different from someone who understands somewhat what you've gone through. You can message me your phone number if you want to talk

Archived