Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost everything

Dark Rose

• Members

I lost my soulmate, my husband this may. Everything has collapsed for me. I have lost my sense of time and no longer connect with 'me' or the world around me. My family already expects me to move on, I am 23 years old. I alternate between this daze and moments where some clarity sinks in and those moments are unbearable. I don't want to be here without him, we belong together. I don't belong in a world he isn't part of. Just want to be with him again. I am tired of faking strength I no longer feel. I just wish I could sleep and not wake. The world now appears colorless, quiet but no one feels the doom except me. Eating is a challenge, sleeping another challenge. I don't know, I feel like a robot doing the motions and most days that just means waking up again to my nightmare. Who am I now, what is my purpose? I don't know... There is comfort in nothing. how do I even imagine him hurting, nothing is making sense? Where is my forever? How can this be?

• Members

Hello "Rose" -

I am so sorry - grieving the loss of a husband is so difficult - and even more so when you had your whole future together ahead of you. I want to reach out and help you - I have experienced the loss of not only one beloved husband, but two - so I know the journey you are on. I had 27 years with my first love, and 20 with my second - but it is never enough time when you are best friends. 

Please feel free to email me so we can arrange a time to talk if that feels comfortable for you. I am a mental health counselor during the day (PST) but I my nights are empty - as I'm sure you're aware of only too well. 

with care and concern -

Dr. Pat patsharpphd@gmail.com

• Members

I know what you are feeling because I too am in that fog with only thoughts of leaving this earth and being with my love and it's been 11 months and I have lost my entire family one by one and there is no purpose for me day and night I beg God to take me and sometimes I driver car 100 mph down a small highway hoping to loose control

Archived