Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New Here---Lost Adult Son in March

ktlearn--Stephen's Mom

• Members
ktlearn--Stephen's Mom

Hi. My name is Karen.

On March 13, my son Stephen passed away suddenly (in his sleep) due to "sudden death" associated with an undiagnosed liver disorder. He was 25.

I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I found your site last night while searching the Internet for somewhere I could "be" ...and be with people who understand.

• Members
Jeff's Mom

Hi Karen, I am sorry for the loss of your son Stephen. Please come and join us on the Loss of Adult thread. We have all experienced the loss of a child and as such help each other to cope. My own son died over five years ago and I hope that by posting I can offer some help to those that are new. To give comfort and hope that this pain will not always be as intense. I have many to be grateful to in helping me over that very rough period.  Kate 

• Members
ktlearn--Stephen's Mom

Thank you, Kate.

I'll just copy this post and paste it in the thread you mentioned.

I am sorry for the loss of your son, also, and am glad that you share advice with those of us who are not as far along on the journey as you.

Karen

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

My heart goes out to you,what a tragic turn of events,To lose a loved one in death is tragic,and even more so when it is so sudden, and unexpected. No one can understand the pain you are feeling at this moment.I would like to extend my condolences to your family, at this deep time of sorrow. The death of a loved one brings to us the most intense emotions. As we reflect on their lives, and all of their wonderful qualities, we may wonder where are they now ? Are they suffering, or are they in heaven? These are normal questions, and thoughts.

I am participating in a volunteer program, where we reach out to those who have lost loved ones in death, and provide bible based hope for the future. A scripture that helps us thru the grieving process, and contains a promise of hope is John 5:28,29..it reads " Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice. 29 ; ..and come out.

That promise was given to us by Jesus Christ..It means that we have the hope of seeing our dead loved ones again. Many are taught that their dead loved ones go to heaven, and that is a beautiful hope..but would you like to know if that is what the bible teaches? ...Please feel free to ask Jehovah's Witnesses the next time they visit you.

You may also want to visit our free website- www.jw.org. There you will find bible answers to many questions..Such as.."Why do we grow old and die? Why does God permit suffering?

The following link has a list of frequently asked questions. http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/

My Condolences

• Members
lostanddesperate

I'm new here also. My son,Trent, passed at 18. I as well wanted to.find a place to belong with others who have experienced what I/we on this site have known. After two years, I still have daily panic attacks. I guess I am searching for the support my family has not given.

• Members

My deepest sympathies go out to you for your recent loss. I too am new here and hoping to find whatever support I can. My days are filled with dread and fear of when I will lose my son, Ian. My post is Son with rare genetic disease. Drop me a message any time and I will respond as soon as I can. Together and with everyone here, hopefully can make thing a little easier.

Brian - bkscher72

• Members
ktlearn--Stephen's Mom

lostanddesperate--- (Kristy, right? I checked your profile to get a name.) I am so sorry to hear about your son Trent. It sounds like his passing was sudden, too, like my son's. Each type of death has different factors that makes the grieving unique, so I can identify somewhat with the suddenness of it all.

You mentioned daily panic attacks. I am so sorry. What have you learned to do to cope with them?

You also  mentioned not feeling like you have family support. That must be hard. As you know from this post, I am new here, too, but I have heard others talk about how much this site has helped them. I attend a grief group called Grief Share (it's a national program with local "chapters"), and I know how much being with others who daily live with profound grief has helped me to feel I am not alone in my grief. It has also helped to hear from others who are farther along the grief journey than I am.

bkscher72---Brian, you are very wise to look into groups like this in preparation for what you have been told is coming. I wrote a long reply on your post about your son.

If there is anything I can do for either of you, Kristy or Brian, please let me know.

Welcome to the site!

Karen

Archived