Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of 2 year old

mayo129

• Members

Three weeks ago today we buried Cassidy. Cass was born premature (34 weeks).  5-25-06 She was in Stony Brook Hosp for a month then transferred to NYU, where she had jaw distraction surgery and fundoplication. She stayed in NYU for 2 months then we took her home. She had a few more surgeries but was doing well. In March, she was put back in NYU because she was severely anemic. They gave her blood and she was released after a week. She was now in a new formula and she was gaining weight. She was home with us for about a month and was doing well. We brought her to the pediatrician 4/4/09, because she had a cold. They prescribed antibiotis and we scheduled a recheck for the following week. The next day she was tired but nothing unusual when she has a cold. Monday, 4/6/09, she just never woke up from her sleep. My daughter performed CPR until paramedics came but it was too late. The police had to investigate because she died at home. We felt like we were criminals. They wouldn't let us in our house for 5 hours. When we finally let back in the police had taken her blankets, bottle, and items in her crib. The medical examiner hasn't given us a cause of death yet it is still pending further study. I am her Grandma and she and my daughter lived with us. We loved her so much. I feel like my heart will never mend. I miss her and I can't bear to lose her like this. The attached picture was taken in Feb. when I brought her to lunch with my sisters. I'll love her forever.

Grandma Maryanne

post-30522-128153892924_thumb.jpg

• Members

Cassidy sure is a cutie pie and I'm sorry that your heart is broken. I know you miss her and the times you both enjoyed together. Hold the memories close to your heart. My son died on 01/18/2009, he also died in his sleep, he was 20. Come back here, their are many that can help, listen and guide you.

• Members

To Cassidy's Grandma:

How angelic she looks in that picture. I am so sorry for the loss of Cassidy. I am so sorry for the fact that you were treated like a criminal. It is just inhumane and horrific.

I am a NICU nurse and I understand how hard these little premature babies have to fight to survive.

I am new here, but have felt the love and support jump off of these pages. Keep coming back, but only when it's good for you.

Blessings,

Doreen

• Members

Cassidy's Grandma:

I understand your pain of loosing a little one. My son died on his 21 month birthday. He would have been 2 in January. He died of E COLI 0156 H7 and a condition called Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome. I understand all of the investigation you guys went through. Even though Tanner passed away in the hospital we had our county health department and the state health department calling and interviewing me within an hour of his passing. Not only did Tanner have the E Coli our oldest son Cooper had it too. We went from a happy normal family to a  family without Tanner in 72 hours. The E Coli had spread and the only thing keeping our baby alive was the machines. We decided to let him go to Jesus and within 10 minutes of saying good bye we were admitting Cooper in the hospital with the E Coli. Our county health department called me and I had a phone interview for 3 hours with them. They wanted to know everything we had in the last 7 days. How was I supposed to remember all of that when we had just gone through a huge nightmare. They even had to investigate my boy's babysitter and tear her world upside down. We had people from our local hospital who came to our home while we were in Wichita with masks and gloves and cleaned our house for us. They had to interview the granparents because they lived on the farm. The health department came to the conclusion  that they thought the boys got it from one of the farms because there wasn't an outbreak of E Coli in our town. We don't believe that the boys got it from the farm because none of the other family memebers were ever sick. I am so sorry for your loss. It hurts me even more when I hear the passing of a little one especially so close to Tanner's age. If you ever need a shoulder I am here for all of you. The next few months are going to be hard for you and I know what it is like because we are still going through the firsts without Tanner.

God Bless

Cassie

• Members

CASSIES GRAMMY...SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR PRECIOUS LIL GIRL WHAT A FIGHTER SHE WAS...SO HARD TO LOSE THEM AT ANY AGE, AND THEN TO FEEL LIKE YOUR A CRIMINAL IS HARD TO GO THROUGH ALSO...

IM HERE CUZ I LOST MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER KOURTNEY LYNN BRACKETT-CARGAL TO BRAIN CANCER JUNE 17TH 2008, AGE 22..MY STORY IS ON MY PROFILE...LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME FOR ANY OF US ON THIS WEBPAGE AGAIN.....ITS A HELL WE HAVE TO STRUGGLE AND MUDDLE THROUGH...BUT SOME HOW GOD WILL HELP US

• Members

Ms Maryanne, my heart breaks with yours. Life sometimes seems so unfair, so tragic when you think it does not have to be that way. Little Cass knew nothing but love, surrounded by people that cherished & adored her. I know there is little i can say to ease your hearts pain. Just know that we are all here, if you need to share your thoughts & memories of your beautiful little Cass.

Deneace (BjsMom)

• Members

[user=30522]mayo129[/user] wrote:

Three weeks ago today we buried Cassidy. Cass was born premature (34 weeks).  5-25-06 She was in Stony Brook Hosp for a month then transferred to NYU, where she had jaw distraction surgery and fundoplication. She stayed in NYU for 2 months then we took her home. She had a few more surgeries but was doing well. In March, she was put back in NYU because she was severely anemic. They gave her blood and she was released after a week. She was now in a new formula and she was gaining weight. She was home with us for about a month and was doing well. We brought her to the pediatrician 4/4/09, because she had a cold. They prescribed antibiotis and we scheduled a recheck for the following week. The next day she was tired but nothing unusual when she has a cold. Monday, 4/6/09, she just never woke up from her sleep. My daughter performed CPR until paramedics came but it was too late. The police had to investigate because she died at home. We felt like we were criminals. They wouldn't let us in our house for 5 hours. When we finally let back in the police had taken her blankets, bottle, and items in her crib. The medical examiner hasn't given us a cause of death yet it is still pending further study. I am her Grandma and she and my daughter lived with us. We loved her so much. I feel like my heart will never mend. I miss her and I can't bear to lose her like this. The attached picture was taken in Feb. when I brought her to lunch with my sisters. I'll love her forever.

Grandma Maryanne

Grandma Maryanne

A grandbaby so precious, so gorgeous and of course the apple of your eye.  To lose a child hard enough, to lose your grandbaby harder still.

The 'process' surrounding losing someone at home is something that for you only worsens the heart break.  I lost my son at his home and working in the 'system' for want of better word, I was acutely aware of the necessary process.  It did nothing to ease the pain of losing Mike.

The next process is the medical examiner.  This can be lengthy again only adding to your sorrow. 

Please come as often as you want or need.  Share your stories of the beautiful Cassie.   I believe our children and grandbabies are more than that one day when the earth stood still....

Take Care - Trudi

• Members

i am sorry for the loss.I too loss 22 month old son.In my home.I was the one who found him.The coroners office after 10 months say that his death was considered undetermined.I found my son and i felt he suffocated him self lying asleep on floor.He had a fever and i think it was a contrubuting factor of his death.mY first fear why  he died had become reality.The police treats parents as guilty of hurting their child

waiting for report from coroners office from autopsy.I was lucky to have had him for 22 months.mY son changed my life.His death showed me how much his life effected others.Wow I feel as his mother.He had love coming from all directions.He was a charming little guy who had a dimple chin.birth mark of chunk blond hair even though he had dark brown black hair.brown eyes outlined with blue.Could through a ball at you at age 10 months.Like a pro.Loosing a little one is unbelievable painfull.My daughter loss her brother and this is the worst pain of all.You can take away the pain of cuts and bruises but as a parent i could not take away the pain of loosing her brother.She was like a step mom.she is 12 now but was 9 when Ryan was born.Her loss i cant fix.Thanks for reading my story.I FOUND with all the love my son had from neighbors,co workers and even people at the stores that we shopped liked my little guy so I know with all the love around him i was blessed with a angel.This helps me with my loss.But like everyone who losses a loved one we will forever miss their presence.Robyn

• Members

im sorry for your loss.your story is similur to mine.Waiting for the medical examiner report took months with no amswers.I new how i found my son he rolled over on to his face and suffocated but I had hope they had found something wrong to justify his passing.God had his reason and it brought me closer to God.The police were terrible and treated the cituation like we are guilty of wrong doing. Tomarrow is the one year anniversary of Ryans passing.We are heving his headstone blessed and a prayer at his grave in his memory.I do what I can to keep his memory alive.I was blessed with the fact my son had come in contact with so many people and touched there lives and I do believe our loss  is the worst thing we can ever endure but our kids were a gift for a brief moment that we had them and to  treasure what we had not what we dont have anymore.I miss my son and I hope your grief you find something that helps you cope with why our babies are in heaven.Take care   

Archived