Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My cat was put to sleep today

rosanna14

• Members

I'm 14 years old, and I've had my beautiful cat Scrabble for the past 5 years. He was always so healthy and happy and full if life, but his kidneys suddenly failed in the past few days and today he had to be put down.

I feel so upset, and angry that he died so young. I just wish I could have spent more time with him, just to hold him and tell him I love him. It was so hard seeing him be there one moment, and then when the anasthetic was given, he just sagged and died.

I cant bear the thought of him being buried under the dirt in the garden. I worry that he is scared, or that he is not quite dead but has been buried alive. I don't know what to do.

• Members

I feel for you!! I had to put my fur baby to sleep on March 20th, she was not even 5 years old. It is going to be hard but take it one day at a time. Cry all you want, get it all out. It's been almost 3 weeks and not a day has gone by that I don't think of her. Your kitty is in a better place, pain free.. When they are put to sleep it is very peaceful and don't worry, your kitty did not suffer. Deep breaths! It gets easier

Archived