Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

So lost...

HayleyS

• Members

It was 9 weeks yesterday since the sudden loss of my beautiful mummy. I have no idea how I feel inside or of a way to bring my hurt to the surface. It's like a raging ball of fury locked inside my chest that I don't know how to let out. I have the support of my loving fiancé and share the pain with my 2 older sisters but I feel so alone and lost and like no one in the world could possibly understand what I'm feeling or thinking. I just don't know what I'm supposed to do now.

• Members

HUGS Haley

I use to think that I was a spiritual person and I was, but when I lost my parents, my spirituality grew more than I can say because when no-one else could bring me the comfort that I needed, God did.  I never prayed very much before, usually only when I wanted something but in losing my parents I prayed a lot and asked for something I never asked for before .... comfort! Gratefully I got it.  When I prayed and asked for comfort that is when my thinking turned around and I went from missing my parents so much to feeling grateful to have had them for parents.  Yes, I still miss my parents a lot and I know that I always will, but asking for comfort I am able to feel so blessed rather than feel crippled with sadness.  HE brought me to thoughts of the years of love and the fun times we had as a family and all of the good things they taught me.  I still feel sad when I thought about these things but my heart filled with gratefulness which is a much better feeling that only heavy sadness.  

I would suggest that if others are not able to give you the comfort you are needing right now ... ask God because He really does listen.  

I hope this helps

Take care

Cindy Jane

Archived