Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dealing with Death of Fiance and Raising a Child

Avery_M_121

• Members

I have been together with my fiance for the past three years and engaged for one. He was recently killed violently. We have a six month old daughter together and I am so thankful that he had the opportunity to know his baby girl for even a little while. What about her though? She will have no memories of her amazing father. Am I going to be able to raise her by myself? I feel like a failure right now, I can't even look at her without crying. I failed as a fiance, never got to try being a wife, and now I can not take care of my child properly. Why did you have to leave me? 

• Members

Avery_M_121,

I am so very sorry about the loss of your fiance. I have no clue why things happen as they do. Why do you think you failed as a fiance? Could you have saved him? You will be able to take care of your daughter properly. Keep his memory with her by talking about him. 

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived