Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of a long term girlfriend

Guest TikiSheehan

• Members

I am so sorry. I truely am because my situation is very similar and I documented it right before this post. My soulmate lost his life on 1/31/15 in a motorcycle accident...one minute he was there and a couple hours later he was just gone.

I honestly dont know how people cope or how they continue on...there must be a way but you and I arent there yet...our loss is too fresh.

I feel like Im stumbling through my days in the dark...like Im constantly waiting to see him, touch him, smell him, get a message from him...even though I know I will never have those things again. I am having a really having a difficult time accepting it although I know its true.

Hopefully we can all find solace in each other and others stories...we all came to the same place.

I will be thinking of you.

• Members

I understand how everyone is struggling with the idea that your loved one was suddenly gone in the blink of an eye.

I lost my romantic partner of 4 years to suicide. It was a rash, unplanned act. He wasn't depressed or stressed or ill. He got caught doing something stupid at his job that was going to cost him his career and probably result in public disgrace. When he realized he'd been caught, he shot himself.

And that was that. Just gone. We'd made love the day before and then three days later he was cremated, and burned out of existence.

On a rational level, I know it's real. On an emotional level, I keep looking at my phone, waiting for that green light that signals a message from him. My heart doesn't want to believe it will never come.

Statistics tell me that I probably have another 30+ years to live. Thirty years of looking for a green light that will never come. I never knew misery like this. I'm just waiting patiently for something, *anything*, to get better.

• Members

Oh Moshi- I have no words. So devastating. Why did this happen to us and to the people we love? I still just cant believe it. Here one minute and then just GONE. No inkling that life as we knew was about to crumble in a few hours time. Rereading this story and the comments jusy brought me tears again.

Archived