Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

looking to talk

DanielJames11

• Members
DanielJames11

I lost my son on 12-15-2007. He had Dygeorge syndrome which caused him a lot of problems with his heart and his immune system. He was 4 months old and had to have his 2 heart surgery and never recovered. I just tried to block it out and take care of his mother and everyone one else and just put my self to the side. Then 4 years ago i got divorced from his mother but not before i had my 2 ND child. He is healthy and happy but it almost seems that i don't get to enjoy it him because i have lost my faith and worry about what could happen.

This is no way to live and as you can see i have never talked about this so i come here to find someone who had gone through the same things and ask what do i do. I want to be a strong man for him and my new wife.

Thank you

• Members
jupiterkat007

I am in the same boat. I lost my daughter to a terrible event. This was back in 2003. I now have a 10 year old and I am so concerned about her well being at all times.

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

I am so sorry to read about your loss, and the heartache that you are enduring. As a parent the last thing that we can envision is the death of our child. As individuals we grieve in many different ways,  past influences can make it difficult for us to be able to communicate when we are in pain. This  can cause problems in our relationships. If you were to communicate your fears with your current wife, she maybe able to give you at times the reassurance that you need.

I see that you mentioned that you have lost your faith...This can happen, especially when we are taught that when a child dies that it's God's will, that he needs another Angel. But is that what the bible teaches?James 1:13 Reads  "When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone." A God of love would never do something to make us suffer.

So why does man grow old, and die? Why is there so much suffering and death? Why did God allow your child to die? Is there hope for dead loved ones? For the answer to that, and many other bible based answers to questions you may have I invite to you to click on the following link...

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/dead-live-again-tract/dead-live-again/

May you find comfort.

• Members
wgreenlee

Jeremiah...

Anytime you want to talk, I'm always ready to listen.

Wade

Archived