Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Miss my daughter

emilysmommy08

• Members
emilysmommy08

I lost my daughter Emily to SIDS a month ago on Feb 6th, She was 7 weeks and 2 days old..

Today is good and bad, Its my husband & I's 4 year wedding anniversary and Emily would have been 3 months old today :( I miss her so much... I was sitting in her room this morning sitting with the clothes she wore, crying.. She was just a baby, I keep asking myself "why her?"

Here's the last picture we took of her, look how happy she is

post-28613-12815389244_thumb.jpg

• Members

Emilysmommy08

I am so sorry for your loss.  I can say, I know the physical and emotional pain of grief also.  My 16 year old son, Brian was killed on 6-19-08 in a traffic crash.

Right now it may be very hard for you to concentrate - that is normal.  You are so new to this journey.  I still feel the physical pain of grief, but it has lessened some to where I can participate in life now, but that took almost 5 months.

Be kind to yourself and drink alot of water.  Listen to all the beautiful voices on the other forums, they are wise well beyond myself.  I have learned so much about myself and my role in this jouney from the others on this site.

Sorry you are here, but this is the right place if you want to be surrounded by understanding and knowledge about this jouney that no one wants to be on.

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

[user=28613]emilysmommy08[/user] wrote:

I lost my daughter Emily to SIDS a month ago on Feb 6th, She was 7 weeks and 2 days old..

Today is good and bad, Its my husband & I's 4 year wedding anniversary and Emily would have been 3 months old today :( I miss her so much... I was sitting in her room this morning sitting with the clothes she wore, crying.. She was just a baby, I keep asking myself "why her?"

She is so happy, that smile, the eyes. Who is she looking at?  I am so sorry for the loss of  baby Emily.   I cannot begin to imagine your pain.  I do know that there are no answers that will ease our hearts having lost a child.

Here at BI there are so many parents who support each other on this journey.  One comes to mind when I read your story.

Amanda [user=22415]cameronsmom1[/user] posts mainly on Loss of an Adult Child.  She has a webpage for the loss of the very young.

http://www.myspace.com/dedicatedtoourangelbabies

I would encourage you to come often, read or post as you need.  Your little Emily is so gorgeous....

Take Care - Trudi

• Members

[user=28613]emilysmommy08[/user] wrote:

Hi Emilysmommy,

How beautiful your daughter was, I cannot understand how much you are hurting at the moment.  Everything must be so blurred and sad for you both.  I welcome you to this wonderful place for grieving parents, but really you shouldn't be here, none of us should.  But here you will find support and comfort for your grieving soul.

I wish I could answer your questions of 'why' - Emily was your baby, your precious child and there should be no reason why she is gone.  But you are facing each day without your child and the pain at the moment is raw and terrible, it eats at your heart and soul.

I have been on this sad journey for a lot longer than you, almost 14 years and I have now reached a place of quietness and the pain is no longer raw and hurtful.  I have my days, but I have struggled to be on this part of my Grief Journey.

Please take time to grieve, it doesn't happen over night - you will have many more days, months and years of feeling sad and missing your child (the missing never goes).  But there is sunshine after rain, only right now you are caught up in a heavy storm and you are aching for the presence of your child.  I know there is someone else on the death of an adult child who can share your pain with you, Amanda.  She lost her precious baby and no doubt she will be here with you, sharing her story andhelping you through the bad times.

You have come to a wonderful support group - I am just sad for you that you are here.

I will be praying for you and thinking of you.

Gerry x

• Members
johnnysmama

Emilysmomma

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. She did look so happy and her clothes are darling. I wish I could take away your pain and answer all your why questions. I am still asking that myself as I miss my son I lost 2 years ago. It is such a raw pain right now for you. Try to rest and be gentle with yourself. Do not put expectations on yourself. Just breathe in and out for now and take life one step at a time.

Peace,

Kay

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

Emily Mama; I see you live in Fresno; I live in Hanford; I know when I get the Fresno Bee there are classes in your area I think they are called mended hearts; I know because I was Jelous; I was wishing they had one for teenage sons; I lost my son 2007 he was 16;  I now have a 2 month old grandaughter that we all love and cherish so much ; so your pain must be vicious......Please let me know if I can help you at all;  Cindy; Tanner's mom

• Members

Emily's Momma, I am so sorry for your loss, Emily looks like a little angel in the pictures, so happy.  This is the worst thing I believe we will ever have to endure in our lives, I lost my 17 year old daughter, my only child, on September 20th, 2008 to sudden heart death.  I ask 'why' but even if I knew exacctly 'why" it wouldnt bring her back.  Be kind to yourself.. drink alot of water get alot of rest and allow yourself time to cry, it is so new for you now, you are still in shock.....If there is a compassionate friends group in your area, when you are ready  you might find them helpful.   the website is www.compassionatefriends.org        .

My prayers are with you,

Marcia   Bethany's Mom Forever

Archived