Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

background music on website

azsummer2003

• Members

I find that music really helps me feel things.  I have a new song on Taylor's website and was wondering if anyone who happens to go there and hears it would please give me some feedback on it.  Does is make you more emotional? Does it interfere with what you are reading? Does it make you feel mmore connected? All comments are welcome.  Thanks!

LB

Oh yeah, here's the link!  Sad and alone

• Members

The music is beautiful, SAD but beautiful, I have been to t your site many times. 

Marcia    Bethany's mom forever

• Members

[user=14326]azsummer2003[/user] wrote:

I find that music really helps me feel things.  I have a new song on Taylor's website and was wondering if anyone who happens to go there and hears it would please give me some feedback on it.  Does is make you more emotional? Does it interfere with what you are reading? Does it make you feel mmore connected? All comments are welcome.  Thanks!

LB

laurie - the music is haunting, evokes a peace as you read, yet the emotions rise when you hear the words... I listened twice.  Who is the singer?

Music will affect us different ways different days.  Some days I listen to the music on Mikes memorial site and can hardly breathe.  Other days I smile with gentle tears falling at the memories that flood back.....

The connection to others who have lost their child seems to occur with out words or music - I guess its the unspoken knowing.....

Trudi

• Members

[user=17130]mikesmum[/user] wrote:

[user=14326]azsummer2003[/user] wrote:

LB

laurie - the music is haunting, evokes a peace as you read, yet the emotions rise when you hear the words... I listened twice.  Who is the singer?

Music will affect us different ways different days.  Some days I listen to the music on Mikes memorial site and can hardly breathe.  Other days I smile with gentle tears falling at the memories that flood back.....

The connection to others who have lost their child seems to occur with out words or music - I guess its the unspoken knowing.....

Trudi

Hi Trudi,

Thanks for the response.  I went to your memorial for Michael.  I love the background music you used too!  That song ALWAYS makes me cry!!! The artist who is on Taylor's site this week is Rosie Thomas.  I have a friend in the music business so I am able to use many different types online.

Your memorial is wonderful, I could spend all day on it!  I know what you mean about hearing the music and how it can make you cry. Sometimes when I feel awful about Taylor I go onto his web site and just listen and cry.

If it is okay to ask, what type of website are you using? Did you design it yourself?  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fact that you can have different songs on each page.  CLEVER!

Thank again Trudi.  ((((Trudi))))

• Members

Laurie - Thank you for visiting Micheals site.  I found the site through links posted by other mums who had lost their child.  www.virtual-memorials.com I looked through a number of memorials and found they allowed you to tell  the whole story of your child, not just the day they left.  It cost $50 (US). 

As for putting it together, I followed the prompts on the site, downloaded pictures and told Mikes story as best I could.  The music, well some is available on the site itself.  The others, well Mike was my IT guy, I had no idea how to download music.  Mikes younger sister Melissa also had a hand in putting together pages some pages with her music........

I 'email' Mike from there, many times in the middle of another sleepless night.  I love to look back over his 31yrs....he is so much more than that one day in January 07.  The brown eyes, that smile.....he had me from day one....

Take Care...Trudi

Archived