Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I am new on this board...

puertorbabyt

• Members

Hi, my name is Latasha . I lost my mom , my best friend, my sister my everything when I lost her. She passed on Aug. 14th. 2008 , I am so lost without her and I am so angry on how she passed and cant seem to figure out what or how I will live without her. I feel as if she was all I had ... I have a hubby who is so supportive and caring and loving, three healthy beautiful children.. and yet I feel so alone without her. Every 14th that passes I realize more and more she is not coming back... My pain is turning into angry , I dont sleep ... I cry all the time. I feel as if I have no way of finding myself without her and yet I have to for my kids and hubby...

• Members

Hello. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad May 07 so I can relate to your pain.  Have you considered grief counseling? it may be a big help to you. It's nice to have a 3rd party to bounce your feelings off of and they can give you many tips to try and cope with the pain you are feeling. You may consider medication too, however that's something that needs to be determined by you and your doctor (obviously). I did a combination of meds and counseling and that brought me leaps and bounds from where I was before. When dad died, I shut down, surrounded by love, but felt so lonely...I learned to cope with those feelings. They haven't gone away, but I am able to deal with them a little better.  I also find that journaling really helps, perhaps consider that?  Good luck. I hope that being a member of these boards helps you to find peace.

• Members

Hi Latasha,   I can relate to how you are feeling.I lost my mom(best friend)June08.She was everything to me.I was so proud of myself because I was handling it for the last couple of months,I now realize that I was just in denial.These last few weeks have been hell-I miss her so much.I guess the reality of her not coming back has set in-I too cry constantly.You are very lucky to have a caring husband and 3 wonderful kids,but I guess the reality is-nobody can take the place of your mom.I think the bond between most mothers and daughters is so special(if we are lucky).Know that you are not alone,I pray that we are able to get through the tough road ahead of us.

• Members

Hello, I read your posts and I feel for you all.  I know what it's like when your Mom passes on.  I lost my beloved Mom in April, 2007; it's coming up to 2 years now and it's still hard to deal with the loneliness and sense of loss.  Since January began I have found myself to be almost back to where I was when she first passed away - immense grief and almost in a state of shock.  I miss her so much.  She was my best friend and without her here, life is very lonely and insecure.  I'm a middle-aged woman too (47) and still I feel lost without my Mom here.  I feel like I am not myself anymore.  I have always been an independent girl, then woman, and never had significant problems with insecurity (just the usual type we all have now and then). I have many blessings -  a wonderful grown son with whom I have a very loving and close relationship, a very special, loving, supportive significant other, a loving sister and her family, I have a good career...but I feel so LOST now.  When I tell my close friends that I feel like I'm starting the grieving all over again, they look at me like I've lost my mind.  Maybe I have.  I suppose they think that nearly 2 years into it I should be starting to feel better not be going backwards.  And these are people who have also lost their Mother's, and I thought they would understand but they don't.  The pain of grief is great, and for all of you who go through this, especially missing your lovely Mom's, I so feel for you.  I'm there too.  I can only trust that a power greater than us sees and feels our suffering and will bring us comfort in some way. 

God bless you all and take care of yourself the best way you can!

Archived