Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Hi

mattsmum

• Members

Well I am new to this site, have posted in the Newbie section but suddenly saw this little group. 

I am 58 years of age and lost my son to cancer 13+ years ago - it still hurts and always will.

My son was baptised into Jesus and so am I, but I have to say that since his death, I have struggled big time with my faith and it's not as strong or as vibrant as it used to be. 

I work as a counsellor and Learning Mentor in a local school, dealing with children who have suffered loss and bereavement.  I am generally happy with my life, although I still struggle with my son's death and always will, that is the price you pay for loving your child.  God said to Eve that she would suffer in childbirth and that doesn't just mean the physical pain of childbirth but the emotional pain that we as mother's experience. 

I would love to know if others have struggled with their faith.  I still believe but my beliefs it seems are coloured by how I am dealing with my son's death and oh yes, even after such a long time, I still hurt.

MattsMumx

• Members

Mattsmom, many parents of kids your Matt's age are in the Loss of Adult Child Section, please feel comfy posting there.

Dee

Archived