Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Another newbie!

mattsmum

• Members

Hi, just going to introduce myself.  I am 58 years old and work as a counsellor and learning mentor in my local primary school here in the UK.  13 years ago, I lost my only son to bone cancer, he was 18 years old, bright, beautiful and full of life.  He is missed very much and not a day goes by when we don't think about him.  I have been married for almost 36 years to a dear husband.  The loss of our son was a hard burden for him to carry and I cannot say it has not altered him but together we soldier on and find joy and happiness in simple things.:)

Three years ago, I took counselling courses in both general counselling and also studies in grief and bereavement.  I wanted to give back something to the world, because I came through a painful, sad journey but along the way, I learned precious Life Lessons.  I know what it is like to feel raw pain that rips you apart daily, the missing, the sadness - but I wanted to tell people that there is hope, there is happiness and gentle remembering of those who have gone.  Our children are only ever a prayer away and I have had some wonderful evidence that life does not end after death!!

I have one surviving child, a beautiful daughter who is my pride and joy.  She is married to Dan and they have two beautiful children, Jack and Chloe who keep me smiling on a daily basis:D

If I can ever mentor or help anybody in that first raw state of grief, then I am only ever an email away.

Am looking forward to meeting people and sharing stories, smiles, tears and the hope, because there is hope and there is a future without our children.  It is a very painful journey - I liken it to walking along a very stony road without shoes, but along the way there are meadows, fields and gentle streams to soak and ease our tired and cut feet.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

MattsMum

Archived