Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Good cause that needs your help, please read

4froggies

• Members

My best friend had been trying to get pregnant for 2 years. One day, miracles happened and she announced her pregnancy. 

At 34 weeks, she found that he little one had died in the womb. She delivered him on Sept 12th and was now the mother of an angel.

When she was in the hospital they gave her a knitted blanket. One that she could either keep for herself or bury her young child in. This touched her heart to no end.

Wanting to give back to the hospital who treated her situation with such care as well as helping mother's of stillborn babies at the same time, she has created the following site

www.foreverwarm.org

She is accepting monetary donations and donations of yarn so that she can knit blankets for local hospitals in an effort to give mothers of stillborn babies the same "comfort" that she receives in having the blanket her son was received in. 

I would appreciate whatever you can do to help support this initiative.  I am dedicated to its success and truly appreciate your reading this post.

• Members

The story and the site break my heart.  I lost a child 26yrs ago.  It was very different back then.  Unmarried it was seen as a 'good thing'.  There was no holding, no bonding and no blanket..............

• Members

I am sorry for you loss and that it wasn't acknowledged. That is a shame. Thankfully our society is changing how we look at unmarried pregnancies.  My best friend's goal is to make blankets for her local hospital so that no mother/father of a stillborn infant will have to feel "unrecognized" or alone.  It's now time to feel either of those ways....

• Members

I wonder if Craft Stores in your area, or all areas would be willing to make a donation of yarn. What a lovely and loving gift; the blankets. My best to you.

• Members

I loved the site and idea. Summer is actually on my myspace page that I have for angel babies. She told me about this website and i'm working on spreading the word. I'm fixing to start a project myself of making gift boxes for those who have lost babies at birth for our hospital. It will have a teddy bear (angel) if I can find one, poetry, books, seeds to plant, etc... Stuff that I found helpful when my son was stillborn. It is very thoughtful of you to post this for Summer. Hopefully a lot of donations will be coming in.

Amanda

www.myspace.com/dedicatedtoourangelbabies

Archived