Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Adult Orphan

ltcb

• Members

Hello everyone. I am 32 female from UK. I am married with one little boy aged 4. And i am as of 7 days ago an Adult Orphan.

In Nov 2010 i lost my very dear to me Nanna, she helped raise me and i thought the world of her. She was 86 and My Mums Mum. In Nov 2011 i lost my Dad aged 64 to Pancriatitis...he had been ill a while and getting progressivley worse but his death was still unexpected and I lost my Mummy a week ago today aged 65 - Cause of death not yet released, Baisically on Thursday 27th Nov she had vomiting and Dizzyness. 2 DOCTORS diognosed a ear infection and gave her tablets sent her to bed...she never woke up. My mum really was my BEST FRIEND we spoke daily..text messaged hourley and saw each other almost everyday. For the first 3-4 days everything is just a blur..i screamed..i cried..i shouted...now 7 days later im calm. Ive never been a big crier (i take after my dad)...I didnt cry much when Nanna and Dad died either...dont get me wrong my heart has broken..i feel incomplete...i cannot eat but i just dont cry much!!!! I feel so guilty but i cant help it...i tend to put things behind me very quickly....im so scared one day theyll all come back on top and i will break. I have to brave it and try to act normal for my little boy....i dont know why i posted..just saying x

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss, I too am a adult orphan at 28 it's been 11 weeks yesterday and it's hard. I have a little boy too who's too young to understand so I understand what you're going through. I was calm when it happened and then after the funeral it hit just the smallest thing sets me off and I can't stop crying. X

• Members

I'm also an adult orphan. Lost my dad when I was 5 to cancer, my step dad in 2011 and my mom in September. Miss them all so much. I just want to curl up into a ball and be left alone.

Archived