Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Learning to pick up the peices

tina09

• Members

I've never done anything like this so this is new to me. Anything right now would help though. There are those moments when you just don't feel right. The world is never the same after death. Two months ago I lost my fiance to an accidental overdose. It was medication prescribed to him for chronic pain. He'd been on them for years before i even met him, but somehow the pills were never strong enough for his pain. I last saw him alive when we went to bed, only to awake to his non responsive body. The entire time we were sleeping he was dying next to me. I never would want anyone in this world to experience such a thing. Now it's just time to pick up the crumbling pieces of my heart. I've tried staying busy talking to people, going to work, groups. Trying to be normal, but there is no more normalcy after death. No matter how bad you want it. It puts your mind, your heart, your soul through a grinder, and you have to put it all back. Yet you don't know how. You have questions,but no answers. I feel God is testing my faith. I feel he has shaken my spirit and opened my eyes to come to him. That is the only thing that gives me peace. Knowing I'm not alone. Then there are the days that just feel plain lonely. I hope I am able to move forward and keep going. It only takes time.

• Members

Tina, I am so sorry for your loss. I know right now words don't bring much comfort but please know that everyone here is feeling the same way or has felt the same way. I sat by my wifes side and held her hand until she passed, I only wish now that I would have crawled in the bed with her and held her one last time. Not quite sue what normalcy is at this point but going to work and keeping a daily routine helps me. I too have awoken and have found that god and church has called me. That is really the only time during a week that I truely find peace within myself. You grieve at your own pace and don't let anyone rush it or tell you how to feel. May you find peace and comfort at this time in your life. Dale

Archived