Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

christmas

sarah1681

• Members

my mom died 3/20/14 suddenly of a heart attack christmas was both of our favorite holidays well this year i dont care if i have christmas or not im just ready for it all to be over with. I dont want to decorate or anything because its just not the same. All i do is cry when i think about christmas day im dreading it i will probably just stay home away from others because im probably going to be crying all day.

• Members

I'm sorry for your loss. My mom passed in September and I feel exactly the same way. Zero desire to see Christmas. I wish I could go to sleep and magically wake up on December 31. I also wish I worked in a profession where work on Christmas happened because I'd volunteer and let someone else have off. I'm trying for my son but the desire just isn't there. Husband was never a big Christmas fan to begin with so it would not bother him any if we didn't celebrate.

Hugs and know you aren't alone.

Jean

• Members

Hi ladies, I have to say that I am not looking forward to the Christmas season either.  I am sure this is one of the toughest holidays to get through being we have such good memories of the occasion with our parents.  Gratefully my job allowed me to pick up shifts over Christmas because for me keeping busy helps.  I still plan on having some alone time on Christmas Eve to follow a tradition of our family.  I will light a candle and say a prayer to show thanks to the Good Lord in sending his Son Jesus Christ to ensure that our parents are in Heaven today and forever.  I will continue this family tradition in honour of my parents.  

Any time the sadness hits, I keep thanking GOD for blessing me with my wonderful parents.  Being grateful for this may stir up some lonely feelings for me today BUT it also brings me comfort which is what I need so much when I am missing them. 

• Members

I do understand I lost my mother in September and Christmas is going to be hard without her. It was her favourite time of the year. X

• Members

It has been 2 years this december 1st that I lost my mother. My first xmas without my mom was terrible also. Xmas was her favourite holiday as well. The first xmas without her is a blur, I couldn't tell you where I went for xmas, what i ate, and what I got. Last year I dreaded xmas as well. I have 2 young sons and it was very hard for me to have any kind of xmas spirit even for them. I didn't even want to sent up the tree or go xmas shopping. 

This is the first year since losing mom that I'm finally starting to get back the xmas spirit that I shared with her. Holidays are the worst, especially the first ones without your loved ones. But I promise you, it does get better. Grief sucks and everyone grieves differently and at different rates. 

My hope for you this xmas is that even though you dont have her here physically, that you feel her around you. Merry Christmas. God Bless

Archived