Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New to this...but not sure where else to go

Khyris_Mommy

• Members

Hi everyone.  My daughter was at daycare and fell in a canal and drowned on Oct. 18,  I am completely lost and not sure what to do or where to go, was told to find a support group but cant stand being around people physcially right now...pretty sure I'm gonna scream if one more person tells me they understand or can imagine how I'm feeling that DOESNT. So. Hi. I guess :/

post-399061-0-03882900-1415346660_thumb.

• Members

Exactly the same sentiments as yourself which I believe are correct, the people who make those kind of remarks have not got a clue and in truth hope they never have to go through the heartbreak themselves even though they seem to think they can offer guidance to others who have.I am sorry for the loss of your child but cannot offer advice because I am still searching for peace myself. BillX 

• Members

Khyris_Mommy,

I am truly sorry for the loss of your daughter. I read your blog and it truly touched me because I can see and feel how much pain you truly are in. We have all lost that one precious child, close relative or dear friend that causes us to feel so many emotions we don't know how to deal with. We all want to spend every moment of our lives with our loved ones and when death comes and takes that away from us, the pain felt is unimaginable. It's very easy to hold God responsible for the death of our loved one because, as you said, if He's supposed to be this all loving and merciful God, he wouldn't allow such tragedies as what happened to your daughter to occur. It just doesn't make sense, so like you, I too needed to find the “reason” for such things happening. I've found something to hold onto to help me cope and I wanted to share that with you to give you some hope and comfort during your difficult time.

Because I believe in God, I turned to his word the Bible to look for the answers to my questions. Not only did I learn why we have to experience such suffering, I also learned what God has purposed for us in the future. While I could go into a lengthy explanation of why the world is the way it is right now, I would rather help you to find out about the blessings that we have to look forward to in the future. We read of such promises as being freed from “the ruler of this world” - Satan – and living in paradise conditions. Those who have grown old will “return to the days of his youthful vigor.” We will “find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace” and will have the hope of living forever upon the earth. (Psalms 37:10, 11, 29) God will “swallow up death forever.” But, the best blessing we are told is “your dead loved ones will live.” Yes, those of us who have lost loved ones in death have the hope of seeing them again, when God calls them out of their memorial tombs. (John 5: 28, 29) We'll be able to welcome them back with open arms, hold on tight and never have to let go because God will “put eternity in their hearts.”

Is that not something to look forward to?? We will never have to worry about the suffering caused by time and unexpected events because under God's kingdom rule, no tragedy will befall mankind. God has a yearning to bring all this about, so we have his guarantee these things will occur. I hope these passages from the Bible have brought a little hope to your heart as they have mine and helps you to deal with the days to come.

My heart and prayers are with you and your family.

Kim B.

Archived