Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Reading my Child's Facebook Messages (?)

OliviaCraw

• Members

I've been having an internal debate recently about my daughter's Facebook. My angel passed away a few months ago in a car accident, at 22, and I have access to a few of her passwords.

Is it ok if I read her Facebook messages? How have you all dealt with this issue? Do you think the permanence of these social networking profiles helps or harms the grieving process?

Hugs,

Olivia

• Members

Olivia, my son passed away this sept 27th. I have read his Facebook messages & it gave me so much comfort to see all the messages from all of his friends; he had so many people that loved him. Facebook memorializes pages of those that have passed once they figure it out but I can still go to his page & I do post messages to him & so do other family members and friends. I hope this helps.

My love to you

Francesca

• Members

I would read my sons if I could. Just be ready for things you possibly dont want to know also. Some things may make you feel better or worse.

• Members

Olivia, my son passed away this sept 27th. I have read his Facebook messages & it gave me so much comfort to see all the messages from all of his friends; he had so many people that loved him. Facebook memorializes pages of those that have passed once they figure it out but I can still go to his page & I do post messages to him & so do other family members and friends. I hope this helps.

My love to you

Francesca

• Members

My love to you

Francesca

• Members

My love to you

Francesca

Archived