Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

partner died on 12/10/14 how to cope

didla

• Members

My partner died of an anuerism last month on 12/10/14. I watched the whole process and it was horrific and it was totally out of the blue. He was only 33 and was such an amazing partner/person. I don't want to go on without him i feel totally lost and alone. 

• Members

My husband died last week. Not quickly like your spouse but over several months from cancer. He was 49. Your post said 12/2014 but I am guessing the high stress level ... My brain is definitely not in gear currently. How long has it been now? Are you coping better?

• Members

I, too, am feeling the loss of my husband who died on 22/9/2014 due to cancer.  I've known him since I was 16. We have been together for 34 years. He was my best friend and soul mate. We did everything together. A part of me died on that day.   I do not want to meet friends or talk to anyone...I feel like a recluse. I guess wounds heal but the scars remain.  Kristineb, I know the loneliness and insecurity you are feeling. Whenever I feel down, I remind myself that my husband wouldn't want me to give up on life..Life has its purpose. 

• Members

I'm sorry for your losses. Lost my partner Aug 24.tht& I still can't believe he's gone. Came out of nowhere. This is so hard so hurtful.

• Members

I'm new on this forum... My husband died last year (November 10), all I can say is that the longer he's gone the more I miss him so much.  He was diagnosed of Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Oct. 10 and passed away Nov. 10, it was so quick. The loneliness is unbearable and the quietness in the house is so deafening.  Hope everybody here is coping well.     

Archived